Old 01-24-2007, 05:18 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something's: Wednesday January 24

Good Morning!! Just a quickie before work!!
Hello to all the Newbies....I am not doing well with my Resolution to run on the treadmill and drink water..I am just not in gear this week..

Congrats to the tape watchers and excercisers(ie Goddess)
Ok..off to work I go!!! Cant wait for 1pm to come home and do the treadmill???
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:37 AM   #2  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

No long post from me today. Having kinda a hard week.

Coffee date cancelled on me last night which bummed me out again, but the additional time at home allowed me to reconnect with someone I haven't been chatting too much with lately. So, I guess things turned out okay in the end.

Weather was almost tolerable for a walk at lunch yesterday. Wind made it kinda brisk, but overall it was good to get away from my desk and out into the sunshine.

Anyhoo....new day, new things to do, and one day closer to the train show.

Take care everyone!

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #3  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Morning all!!

RX - sorry about your coffee cancellation again. I know you have said that you really look forward to that each week.

RR - sorry about hte rough week. Keep smiling.. it's hump day

I DID IT!!! DH picked up Eli after work yesterday and I went home and WATP 2 miles!!!! It kicked my butt and I was sore when I got up for the 5AM feeding, but it was sooo worth it. I felt so good afterwards, and was really proud of myself. Can you actually believe they were VHS tapes. Which meant I had to do them in the basement... I was watching the time counter the entire time, anticipating when it would be over... BUT, I succeeded.... NOW, I must stay on track!!

Hope you all are trying to have a good Wednesday.

Stay Happy, Stay Healthy...Be Proud

~Becky.
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #4  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Sorry about being MIA for a while...life has been busy and hectic. By the time I get home, I'm exhausted.

Can't remember if I mentioned this before, but boss-man got fired and work has been quite "unstable" for the rest of us. Not that we might lose our jobs, but not having a leader is causing dissention among the ranks, so-to-speak.

I've been eating well and exercising. Feel well, but still have pounds to lose!

Becky ~ your comment about having vacation in 9.5 weeks caused me to go to my calendar and count up how much time I have left until mine....18 weeks. Sounds like alot, but you KNOW how fast it will go! Where are you guys going?? My entire family (all 20 of us) are going on a 7-day cruise. AND--it's FREE!! It's my parent's gift to all of us; something they've wanted to do for years. We are all excited. But--I've got to look decent in a swimsuit!

Holy ~ sorry to hear about your loss. Look forward to catching up with you when you get back!

Goddess ~ I'm so happy that you got to see George! Who knows -- this could very well be the best thing for him...hard for YOU, but it will definitely pay off, right?? How's the grandbaby?!?!?

Lauren ~ Happy birthday, Peter!!

Welcome to all the Newbies!!

Sunshine ~ Glad you jumped right in....you can do it!!

Hi to all I missed!!!

Fondly,
Fit
fitafter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:00 AM   #5  
Hopeful Loser

Fit - we're going for 6 nights, 7 days in Montego Bay, Jamaica. We're going to the Sandals resort b/c it is all inclusive, couples only, no children. That may sound selfish to some, but DH and I never really had a honeymoon. Our 3 days post wedding was spent dealing with a broken down car and limited mobility where we were. Then we bought a home and had a baby. So, we have been saving for over a year for this much needed vacation. No worries, no hassles, just me ,him and HUGE bottle of rum
Old 01-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all!

Fit Welcome back!! Sorry to hear work is unstable. I hate to be in a situation like that. Congrats on the vacation! If that doesn't give added incentive I don't know what will.

Becky, good for you on doing the whole 2 miles!!!

RR, you know you can do the treadmill, just work out all the negitive energy from work on it.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:27 AM   #7  
Working on a new me!

S/C/G: 212/210/175

Height: 5'7"

Good Wednesday to you all! My attempts at exercising daily were squished yesterday by a sick kid. He was on the couch all day watching TV so I wasn't about to do my pilates with him there. I know, I shouldn't be embarassed to exercise in front of them but I am. Today, actually right after I'm done posting this, I'm going to try the Pilates again. Still half tempted to try a different exercise dvd but i'll continue with the Pilates till next week.
Only six and a half weeks till my Arizona vacation! Can hardly wait!
lorimjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:54 AM   #8  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 236/229/165

Height: 5'10

Hello everyone. Thanks for the welcome.
I was curious when most of you do your excercise? I do mine late in the evening between 8-10pm. I've tried doing it in the morning but i'm too pooped and can't get through it. I feel most of my energy in the evening. How about you?
My only Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:16 PM   #9  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all
FIT welcome back
well on my exercise i did great day 2 and did 30 mins pilates and 8 min abs and 8 min arms
tonight is tae bo again
Im on track and as for the grand baby she's a girl and due to arrive 04/27/2007 her name is Nevaeh (heaven spelled backwards) annette perez
welcome newbies
and thats my new goal 04/27/2007 to be the hottest grandma at 34 years old LOL
ttyl
Michelle H
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:17 PM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

And sunshine ditto i have to do mine at night im to tired in the morning
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:23 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All! Just popping in quick to say hello to all our new folks as well!

I'm tellin' ya', I need a job so life can slow down!! All I do is run these days. I have put 200 miles on my car in 2.5 days!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #12  
Michelle

S/C/G: 167.4/161.5/145

Height: 5'4

Default Week 3, Day 3 (for me)

Hi everyone !!!

Checking in quick, doing good again so far this week. Managed 27 minutes last night on the treadmill with the incline at 3.5....pretty tough but I made it....
Sunshine--I too do my workouts at night, its easier for me since the girls are usually pre-occupied after dinner and settle into their own thing for awhile.
Michelle H--Congrats again on another great workout day..you'll be thin in no time at that rate.....
Fit--lucky you goin on a cruise, what a great incentive to loose the weight huh...keep it up, and yes the time will probably fly by between now and then...

Well better get back to work.....
Keep up the hard work everyone...WE CAN DO THIS !!!!
mibrneydgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/264.0/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good Afternoon everyone!

Well today has been pretty busy, and I only have a few minutes to say hello!

Tried to do my DVD today (2 mile Walk Away the Pounds), but my 2 year old likes to run around me and go through my legs and thinks its funny. So I got 2 10 minute sessions in. Better than nothing!
Tonight I have a doctors appt. He did alot of blood work to test for thyroid and diabetes, but its all normal. He wants me to consider the alternative of using weight loss drugs....but after researching all of them that he suggested...I don't think so!!! The side effects are just not something I want to experience and plus they are not covered by hubby's medical insurance. So if did want to do it, it would cost me around $150 a month....that is definitely not in the budget!!
So I will keep plugging away. Last week at weigh in I lost 4.8 in one week, so I know that I can do it!!!

Well have a great Wednesday....yay, the week is half over!!!

Anne
BarrieMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #14  
Hopeful Loser

Anna - congrats on the weight loss!! Wegh to go!!!

OK - on my soap box -

Everyone is entitled to their own views, opinions and choices, so I just want to put in my 2 cents about diet drugs.,.. PLEASE< PLESE< PLEASE don't use them. I am a drug chemist and I know what goes in those things. Just b/c a lot of them say ephedrine free, it doesn't mean that they won't make you feel like you IV'd three pots of coffee and then crash like a bomb 2 hours later. They have their place in society and for those that are severly overweight/obese, maybe that is the route for you. But please try to change your lifestyle and dieting/eating habits first....

OK, enough of that mess.. please don't anyone hate me.

I care about all of you already and want us all to get through this in a healthy way.

Have a great WEdnesday, y'all.

~Becky