Old 01-23-2007, 08:58 AM   #1  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Default 30 Something's: Tuesday, Jan 23

Hi everyone,
I'm flying out this afternoon, I'll be back Thursday afternoon Hope you guys have a good one...
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:31 AM   #2  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!!

It took awhile, but I finally got through all the posts since Friday!! IT was a crazy weekend for me. DH and I went in for our passports on Friday afternoon (finally taking our honeymoon in April - 5 years late). Well, my father in his infinite wisdom, laminated my birth certificate after I was born.. and that is a big no-no... we'll see if the US gov't will accept it, otherwise I"ll have to drop extra $$ to expedite one with a new b.c....

ANYWAY.. welcome to all the new posters

My weekend was OK, but the weight came back on. I ate terribly, was miserable after the PAtriots lost.. BIG bowl of ice cream On sunday, we also had carpet laid in our living room and then went out and bought furniture, got home, put it all together and realized how much JUNK my son has. He is a very spoiled 6 month old.. TOOOO many toys.

ANYWHO..... The scale was not nice to me this morning, and it is all my fault... today is a new day.. and time to get my life back on track. DH goes away for business all next week, and my mom is coming to stay with me. That will be a god send, b/c she is a healthy eater and will have supper ready when Elias and I get home.

I hope you all have a good Tuesday....
Lots to think about...nothing to worry about :-)

Check back in later

~Beck.
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Holy, see you Thursday! (((HUGS)))

Becky, Where are you going? on the BC, what a great idea, if you don't mind spending the money on a new one! I went on a cruise with DH & his family when we were still dating. Found out we needed BC's, and I couldn't find mine...nothing unusual! Ended up going to the county courthouse the AM we were leaving to drive to FL and getting a copy!! Now the joke when something is missing is, "it's probably with your BC!"
As far as the toys, I realized my boys only play with trains and cars, so we put just about everything else in the basement and I plan to sell it all come Spring! It's insane!! I told my mom not to buy anything for them without asking me first!

Today is Peter's birthday!! My number 1 son is 4 y/o today!! Where did the time go?! After we dropped DH off at work, we went to Target with the money his uncle sent and he got a train he wanted (Emily). He was soo excited!

Have a great day all!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/264.0/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good Morning

Hi everyone!

Today is another snowy day here. Just a light dusting, but its been snowing on and off all morning. I was going to take the kids out for a walk, but my little one is a little fussy, so I decided to do my WATP DVD. I've been trying to get through the 2 mile walk. I had to stop a few times...for the baby and my 2 year old wanted juice...but I did it! I think the couple breaks in between made it possible to keep going. So I will try again tomorrow and see if I can do it without stopping this time. But just really happy to get to finish it!!

Had a great lunch today and its almost time to put the kids down for their naps. Then its ME time. I usually read or clean up the house a bit when they nap!

Hope you all have a great day!

Anne
BarrieMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:42 PM   #5  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

morning all
Holy my prayers are with you travel safe
well fo me i did it yesterday i did the complete billy blanks fat blast workout all 45 mins and it felt good
so tonight im doing pilates (sp?)
I saw george sat he looks so healthy and wonderful a 3 1/2 hour drive One way to visit for 2 hours it was an all day adventure but worth everyminute i didnt want to leave my husband had to pry me off him
for those of you that dont know george is my 16 year old son that got into trouble and is in a bootcamp for a year (judge mandated ) it has been 3 months since i saw him last and it was killing me

I'll check in later
Michelle H
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #6  

Michelle H, Congrats on seeing George!

Holy, It is never easy losing loved ones. Travel safely and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anne, Good for you getting through the whole tape. That's always rewarding.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:28 PM   #7  
Hopeful Loser

Default Watp???

OK.. Got a question for you all. Several of you have mentioned the WATP tapes/DVDs. I have the 1, 2 and 3 miles DVDs at home. Of course, I've had them over a year and have only ever done the 1 mile twice.

Do they work?

I'm really looking for something I can do first thing in the morning, while the boys are still asleep. I am starting to panic a little.

My vacation is in 9-1/2 weeks, and I would really like to look good in a bathing suit.

My original goal was 15 pounds... do you all think it is possible????

~Becky
Old 01-23-2007, 03:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/264.0/160

Default Watp

Becky,

I have the same set of 3 DVD's. I find them easy to do and pretty quick. The one mile on only takes 20 minutes and the 2 mile one is around 30 minutes. I have no idea about the 3 mile....I'm not that brave yet.

Unfortunately my kids get up around 6 or 6:30...everyday, and unless I feel like getting up earlier than that, then its just not an option for me to do it before they get up in the morning. But I do find that because they take such little time, it gives me more time with the kids. They really give you a good workout too!

I'm also doing Weight Watchers, but last week was my first week doing that. Since Dec. 27th, I've lost 8lbs....4.8 last week alone. I've been doing WATP at least 3 times a week and that is pretty much my only form of cardio. I think it works! Plus I really have so much more energy since I started doing them.

Hope you find something that works!

Anne
BarrieMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:48 PM   #9  
Hopeful Loser

Anne - thanks for the info. I just have to DO IT!!! DH is so supportive, but until I get off my butt and actually do them, they just collect dust. I am so happy to be on this board, b/c the support is so awesome.

Thanks again.

~Becky.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:52 PM   #10  
Michelle

S/C/G: 167.4/161.5/145

Height: 5'4

Default Week 3, Day 2 (for me)

Hello Everyone !!!
1st and foremost....GO COLTS !!! GO BEARS...let me explain, I grew up just outside of Chicago. moved about an hour east of there 12 years ago, so I vividly remember super bowl XX and the Superbowl Shuffle...HAHA but I have also come to love the Colts, so I am rooting for both.....
Back again...doing pretty well the last few days...I lost 1.5 lbs last week...YEAH for me !!! I was sick though Thur-Sun so I didn't get on the treadmill for the end of the week but I am back in full force tonight...pretty excited since I finally saw a drop this week. Looking forward to next week.

Holy--I'm very sorry to hear about your loss , your in my thoughts also.

Michelle H- Congrats on getting through BB tapes, I have those also, can't get through them yet...but you'll be my inspiration.....Yeah for getting to see George...every moment is important with family, I have come to realize that over the years...Hope he gets to come home soon.

Everyone else, Congratulations on keeping up on the plan and working hard, good luck to all this week. Will be back in a couple days.

Michelle M
mibrneydgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

Lauren your house sounds just like mine. My oldest son is 4. and all he plays with are trains and cars as well. Maybe a few guns too. And I am seriously going through to clean out his room this weekend while he is away with Daddy (He has only been away from me once before Dh and ds are going to see MeeMaw and PaPaw) There is a family in town whose house burned down this weekend and they are going to be blessed with my spoiled children's giving grandparents. BTW ds keeps reminding me that he doesn't have Molly.
babybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:52 PM   #12  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thanks Michelle M i was pretty darn proud of myself TRUST me getting through the entire thing was HARD i kept telling my self ok when is this gonna be over LOL
and for understanding about my son
thanks

And LLP thank you too
it means alot to me
ttyl
Michelle H
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 PM   #13  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 236/229/165

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,
I'm brand new and thought rather than start a new thread I would jump right in. I hope thats ok. I'm 35 years old and need to lose about 65lbs. I'm on WW and since Jan 1 i've been doing my elliptical 3-5 times a week and weights 2 times a week. I've done this same routine in the past and then just quit because i was too tired, sick, or busy. (you know all the excuses) I'm not getting any younger and I need to do it this time.
I'm anxious to meet you all and looking foward to this journey.

Mandy
My only Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:37 PM   #14  

Mandy. Feel free to jump on in. We are all in the same boat. I think you will find the encouragement and that you need.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote