Old 01-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

Talking I'm on my way!!

Hi everyone,

I want to get my intensions down so I have some people to be accountable to apart from myself.

Today is day one of induction.

I've done this before and lost 45 lbs for my wedding, but once that event was over I quit. Since my new goal is to maintain this lifestyle for life....it's a tad harder to give up! I do allow myself 1 cup of coffee per day during induction, but other than that I stay damn close to the book.

My goal is 100 lbs off this body by the end of the year. Excercise 60 minutes 6 days per week which I'm working my way up to. (up to 35 minutes this week...woo hoo!)

I was doing well in October and november last year and then my dad died, so I'm back on track and don't feel I need to eat ice cream, pizza and french fries to get through a day.

I would love to hear from people, there triumphs and challenges, and I can't wait to jump onto the February challenge!

thanks for listening
Tracy
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqvirgo View Post
My goal is 100 lbs off this body by the end of the year.
Me too.....Ive set Nov 30th as my goal date.

Welcome back Tracy
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:03 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Tracy, you sound very committed and I'm sure you will do great. WTG with the exercise. It took me a while to get up to an hr. of exercise, but I can do it now. Sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. I know that must be incredibly hard. (both my parents are deceased). This way of eating really is sustainable for life. I don't intend to change mine. I like the food I get better than any other program I have used. (believe me there were several failed diet attempts for me).

As for my triumphs and challenges:

1. I have a liver disease and will be facing a liver transplant in the future
2. I am diabetic, my blood sugar is now controlled with only Glucophage
3. I have PCOS and the glucophage helps this too
4. I have hypertension and my blood pressure is now controlled with a half of a bp pill a day, instead of the 8 bp's pills daily I took before losing weight
5. I have Asthma and am now off my inhalers and am breathing much better
6. I have Congestive Heart Failure and my Diuretics have been stopped after losing so much weight.
7. I have been on prednisone (steroids) for 4 yrs. and still managed to lose this weight and keep it off now for 6 1/2 months.
8. I have 4 step-children and 2 children of my own (this is certainly a challenge).
9. I am now considered totally disabled and can't work which was hard for me after working as an RN for 20 yrs.
10.I have a DH which at times stands for Dear Husband and other times stands for D--K Head.

I'm not sure if this is what type of stuff you were looking for but I am a positive person for the most part. I don't feel sorry for myself. With weight loss, I have made a dramatic change for the better with my health and with my life in general. I feel good about ME.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:20 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Dear Husband and other times stands for D--K Head.
I like that one Im going to have to remember it!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:24 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Lol, Robin, It is so TRUE.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #6  

LMAO,
D*** head....sooooo true.
thanks for your candor lilybelle. You are amazing to have pulled through everything with such a positive attitude.
This makes me know I have no excuses, and it's time to get on with taking care of me!
hugs to you
Tracy
Old 01-22-2007, 02:44 PM   #7  

Hey Robin,
I'm glad to know of someone who's on the same time line as me!
Let's take off the inches.
take care
Tracy