Old 01-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #1  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Default What did you do after WATP

I've been doing WATP consistently for almost 6 months and kinda need a break. Wondering what other people added into the mix when they wanted something different.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:16 PM   #2  

Have you tried Prevention's Walk Your Way Slim? (The one with Michelle D).

It's my favorite 'walk' tape, and there are 3 levels presented for each move.
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #3  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Funny I just tried that one out this weekend. I also bought Prevention walk your way Fit, definitely different from WATP and a nice step up. I did have to do some walking while they did the more complicated stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
Have you tried Prevention's Walk Your Way Slim? (The one with Michelle D).

It's my favorite 'walk' tape, and there are 3 levels presented for each move.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #4  

After Walk Away the Pounds, I did and currently do, Taebo workouts by Billy Blanks...I have the Ultimate Bootcamp series, The Strength and Foundations series, Taebo Cardio, Taebo Cardio 1 & 2, Bootcamp Elite.

Billy has a new series just came out last week called Taebo Amped, so I will be purchasing the series and in March he has 2 additional workouts coming out.

I LOVE TAEBO

chiari
chiarij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Thank you chairi for naming WATP, I seen it mentioned several times and wasn't sure what it stood for. Is WATP a good work out, how long is it?
Thanks
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I did WATP but then started doing Turbo Jam and I love it. I still do WATP when I need a day of just so so exercise...nothing TOO cardioish
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:50 AM   #7  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi!

For several years I walked outside only, building up my time walking to about 4-5 miles at a time. I walked even in the rain and in the snow. After a bad snow experience of falling in a pile of sharp ice (OUCH! BAD BRUISES! ), I decided to walk INDOORS with Leslie!

I started with her 4 mile Super Challenge because I figured that was where I was in my outdoor walking. I think the pace was better indoors with her DVD than what I had been doing outside! (I walk in neighborhoods and spend a lot of time slowing down to look at everyone's flowers or compairing THEIR lawns to MINE!)

I then went to our library and took out a bunch of other DVDs and videos just to see what was out there. I got hooked on yoga next and also Richard Simmons. That guy is SO encouraging!

I branched out to Denise Austin's DVDs and also Karen Voigt for cardio. I REALLY LOVE Turbo Jam and do it at least two or three times each week. From there I also added Iron Yoga and most recently Gilad's step aerobics.

I mix it up because I would get bored doing the same thing day after day. I really like having the videos and DVDs because I have no excuses NOT to do them! The weather is always beautiful inside my house, and I can even workout anytime that I want. GREAT IDEA those DVDs and videos for doing workouts!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who went from WATP to TaeBo. I started slowly where I was alternating the two workouts from day to day. Then, I bought an advanced workout. I am nowhere near advanced level yet, so I modify the intensity just a bit. But I figured I had to do something because the beginner workout was...dare I say it? Too easy? LOL

A friend let me borrow a WATP Walk and Jog video. After burning major calories with TaeBo, I feel almost guilty when I use it. But I do work up a little bit of a sweat. I would like to try her more challenging walks.

But I enjoy TaeBo hands down. It's a tough workout (especially when we do floor work after working out for 40 minutes), but there is a real feeling of accomplishment when I complete it. Billy is just very encouraging as a whole.

*shrugs*

There's my two cents
FrugalChick is offline   Reply With Quote