Old 01-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/135/115

Height: 5' 1"

Default Hi everyone, I'm new here . . .

Last week was my birthday and as a present for myself I purchased a lot of the new 2007 ww materials on ebay. The auction was for the Food and Dining Out Companion books, meals 101, 2 twelve week journals, an organizer as well as one of the new electronic claculators. I didn't get the points slide but opted for the electronic calculator instead. I hope that works out okay.

I really need to lose weight because heart disease as well as breast cancer runs on both sides of my family and I'm not getting any younger. The doctor says it is just a matter of time until I am on meds because my famly history with heart disease is so bad. He also said I should lose some weight and gave me a goal weight to work toward. Therefore, I am working on losing the extra weight. I can't change my family history but I can change my weight. I have never done ww before but a friend of mine is a leader at the local ww group. So between her and this forum hopefully I can any questions i have answered.

Since my doctor said I needed to lose weight, I have lost 10 lbs. However, I really need to have some accountability to keep me going. I am hoping to post my weigh-in results each week on this board. I decided not to do the ww meetings right now because it is so expensive.

Actually it was quite a bit cheaper for a "family" membership at the local YMCA than for me to do weight watcher meetings so we opted for the Y membership. DH will go workout with me twice a week in the evenings and three of my girlfriends go there in the mornings during the week. The Y provides free babysitting M-F mornings for members so that is a big plus.

My ww materials should arrive sometime in the next week until then I will work on drinking more water (which is hard for me) and exercising a little each day. It's cold and icy here so I won't go the Y today, but I will go find my WATP Walk Jog DVD and do that.

I look forward to getting to know everyone,

Tina
kansas girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/178/145

Height: 5'4

Hi Tina, I new here to, and still kinds exploring everything the sight has. I am doing weight watchers at home to. I agree the weekly meetings are really expensive so I thought if I post my weigh in's here I will have the same accountability as if I have to go to a meeting. I have been doing pretty good at home I lost about 7 lbs so far since Jan 16 so I am pretty happy. The husband ad kids are a little bitter because if I shop for the food and cook the food they are stuck with what my low point meals good luck!

Suzi

Last edited by azmom1973; 02-02-2007 at 03:41 PM. Reason: add something
azmom1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Tina! Welcome the the site!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote