Old 01-20-2007, 12:28 PM   #1  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Angry Shocked by things you used to eat?

I don't count calories officially, but I like to know what I am putting in my
mouth . If I am eating something high calorie I like to know so I can make an informed choice. Anyway, I was thinknig about going to Applebees (it was my favortie place before being focused on the weight loss) and I wanted the riblet platter.

I checked on calorieking.com it was 3000 Calories BY ITSELF, with no friends. Not counting the soda I might have had, fries, and a dessert.

It killed any kind of desire I had. Then I thought there were probably weeks I ate that maybe twice a week. I just sat in shock and wonder how I was doing that to my body. I wonder how I didn't just keel over from a heart attack.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:42 PM   #2  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

holy crap 3 GRAND all by itself??? yiikieeees!!! well at least we know NOW!!

I had to chuckle last night -- i had a sweet tooth attack so I had another orange, making it about 4 things of fruit for that day and I was WORRIED for a minute about "all that sugar" OMG this from a woman who would inhale an entire FAMILY SIZED bag of M&Ms and not bat an eye! how the mighty have fallen heheheheh

So what did you have instead of the ribs????
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #3  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

I know...it is pretty scary. I could down a whole bag of Doritos and think it was fine. No wonder I am so overweight. We all did a lot of damage to our bodies, but our bods are probably thanking us now that we have changed our eating habits!

Last edited by Monkeybabies; 01-21-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #4  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

I had a peanut & jelly butter sandwich. Not the healthiest thing, but I just wasn't in the mood to cook. I actually went back and checked again. The whole meal with fries, slaw and fries is a little over 2000. I must have been really tired last night. Still can't say I have any desire to use up an entire days worth of calories on one meal.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #5  
All of Me

S/C/G: 238/238/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw View Post

I checked on calorieking.com it was 3000 Calories BY ITSELF, with no friends.
{emphasis mine}

Oh, I just about died laughing reading that bit! I've never put the word "friends" to use when speaking of side items...but, oh.my.goodness. that hit the nail right on the head for me emotionally. How often I've ordered the sides because the burger/sandwich/soup/salad or whatever looked positively lonely without something along with it...it's friends.
Tookshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:42 PM   #6  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

I think I finally knew that my head was in the right place about weight loss when I actually began THINKING about the food that I was putting in my mouth!

Before that here are some of the things I downed in the past without even one thought:

1) a whole cheese pizza

2) a whole bag of Dove milk chocolate Treasures

3) TWO Baha steak chalupas AND TWO pieces of fried fish (Taco Bell/Long John Silver's)

4) TWO Big Fish sandwiches and a large fries from Burger King

5) a whole bag of colby cheese squares

6) most of the batch of chocolate chip cookie dough that was SUPPOSED to be for actual baked cookies

7) the whole bag of kettle chips

8) AT LEAST half of a pan of brownies from a 9x13 pan

9) a family size bag of peanut M&Ms

10) TWO Bacon Egg and Cheese value meals with rhe TWO hash browns and and orange juice and coffee

I probably have many more trangressions to my credit as a BIG EATER, but these are the ones that IMMEDIATELY came to mind!

In all of these foods the fat content is VERY HIGH! I find the "CH" foods- cheese, chips, chocolate and chalupas- tended to be real binge foods for me. I was so shocked to look up the fat and calorie counts on these foods!

Now I order salads, grilled chicken, a plain baked potato, and lots of steamed veggies. I haven't even been to a fast food restaurant in the last five years. I look at foods that I used to eat and really am embarassed that I went so many years eating that stuff! How did I ever think a person (ME) could eat like that and NOT gain weight?

I think I was in LA-LA land!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:53 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I simply can not venture there. There were days when I would eat a family sized bag of peanut M & Ms, a chicken cutlet parmagania hero, probaly 2 or 3 bowls worth of cereal, 2 or 3 fried chicken cutlets with a cup of white rice. All in one day. Without batting an eyelash. I didn't stop to think what I was doing to myself. And there are days when I ate more then that, way more. Really, I can't even go there.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:07 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I admit it!!!! I admit it. I had the ribs at applebees tonight!!! I DID IT. It sounds weird.. but I'm okay with it. It was planned. I was good all week - very light today in calories today. I ORDERED IT. Was it worth it? You bet ya! (2000 calories is a bit much - but ribs are my favourite meal) Why? because it was planned. I have zero guilt. I haven't snacked after that meal at all. Just drinking lots of water.

I do, however, find it hard to believe the stats for the ribs (click on my fitday.com for the details.) It's a small amount of ribs. honest! They didn't come with beans and slaw like calorieking.com states. Just ribs and the best friend - fries. There were about 2 cups worth of french fries and 4 small lengths of ribs. They came in a tiny basket. I had water with dinner. Everyone else had dessert, I didn't

If the ribs really are worth over 2000 calories - I think I'd rather have a big mac at 590 calories - big difference!

fyi.. I go out for a sit down dinner about 3 - 4 times a year.. Max.. so this was a big deal. (I took my daughter and her friends to see the cheetah girls!!)

Last edited by Charbar; 01-20-2007 at 11:09 PM. Reason: I'm a moron.. do I need a reason? :dizzy:
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I think what shocks me the most is all of the empty calories I was eating/drinking with regular sodas, ice cream, and bad carbs.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:16 AM   #10  

Before I decided to eat healther, I calculated my calories for a "typical" day -- I was shocked that it was between 3,000 to 4,000 -- what was I thinking! Now I know even on a bad day -- I'm still way under this. There wasn't a box, bag, container of food I couldn't finish!! After two weeks of eating healthy these items don't even look good to me anymore. (that first two weeks were **** !!). I think I've flushed out the sugar with all that water I've been drinking!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Some of the junk I would eat was just so bad and had so many calories and here I was adding more to them a typical breakfast for me was:
a bacon, egg & cheese McGriddle meal, a sausage burrito with a DIET coke...I don't know what I thought that diet coke was gonna do. Lunch was at Wendy's a chicken sandwich, potato with all the trims and yet another diet coke. Afternoon snack a candy bar. Dinner some kind of pasta with sauce, cheese the whole bit along with 2 or 3 pieces of garlic bread. Then more candy and a bag of butter lovers popcorn. I look back and see all that I used to eat in day and I am so awed by it.
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:53 AM   #12  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Colleen.. that very much sounds like days I've had! I would go a week with out a single fruit or vegetable - easily.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbar View Post
Colleen.. that very much sounds like days I've had! I would go a week with out a single fruit or vegetable - easily.
Before I started my plan I thought that veggies where what came on the burgers I was eating that was healthy enough right??? Fruit don't think I knew what was until someone introduced me to the apple!! LOL...I am so sick but getting a little better each day! I struggle with fruit still but veggies I have gotten better with.
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:21 AM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbar View Post
A single week? Ha - how about a single month? Well, that's not really true - I did eat salad - as long as it was DRENCHED in high fat/high calorie dressing.

Fruit, definitely went weeks without em, well you normally don't dress fruit, do you?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:39 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

My big thing were Hershey's kisses. I would by the family size bag, hide it from everybody, and eat the whole bag by myself in one day. This was almost everyday. I also had approximately 6 cups of coffee a day with 4-6 tbsps of sugar per cup...this was each day too. I couldnt get enough sugar. Sometimes, I'm amazed that its been 3 weeks since I've had any sweets and I've switched to Splenda in my coffee.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote