Old 01-20-2007, 12:15 PM   #1  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

Smile Hello everyone, new here, hoping you all can point me in the right direction!

Hi all! Looking for some support groups out there maybe a good challenge. I find browsing through here a bit overwhelming though! LOL So if you have any suggestions I would be grateful!

I am going to do a volumetrics type (love this book), healthy eating plan.

Although I am just getting started I am trying to overhaul my eating as well as my families since I can't cook two of everything! I have mini goals but my overall goal is 50 pounds. I want to lose in a healthy way 1-2 lb's a week and try and become more active.

I am trying to overcome severe anemia still, which is taking A LONG TIME!!! So I have very little energy. What I do have I use on homeschooling my children, as this is most important to me so it is top of the list before anything else gets done. So, things like meals, cleaning and ME all come successively last, which is a vicious downward cycle that isn't sustainable. So, that brings me here, I had tried a low carb thing a few months ago but being an ex-vegan, I found that really REALLY hard. So, fruits and veggies to the rescue!!

So that's more than anyone would ever want to know Hope to get to know you all! I can't wait to get started and start seeing results. Besides the failed attempt at low carb, I have never dieted before and since I haven't seen any results yet (havn't started) I am at the "I know logically it will work but it won't work for me for some reason" stage. LOL -Sumi
sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #2  

Hey Sumi! Welcome to 3FC. I agree, the forums can be a little intimidating at first, but it'll look more familiar soon. Not sure if there's a forum or thread on volumetrics, but maybe do a quick search for it and see if anything pops up. Chances are, if there was a book written about it, there's SOME kind of info on it around here!!

I hate to say it, but if you really want to improve your eating and develop a healthy lifestyle, you're going to have to move ME up from the bottom of your list of priorities... Changing your lifestyle is all about you, about taking care of yourself, valuing yourself, making time for yourself....

Good luck, hope to see you around!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #3  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Welcome!!!!!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote