Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #1  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 220/220/170

Height: 6'

Question Questions on Activity Points...

I have just joined WW about 2 weeks ago and I have heard that they explain the activity points in the 3rd week, but it's always so hectic when I go in, the leaders hardly have any time for anything 1-on-1.

Also, because I joined at the beginning of the year- like everyone else- they are and will be out of (til like Feb) the welcome booklets so I am kinda limited on resources.

I guess I am just curious how the Activity points work, what you do with them after you track them and what the advantage to getting them are (besides the obvious weight loss thing, hehe =) ). Is it new to the program this year?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:06 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

No activity points have been around since the start of the Points system (not sure before that).

When you exercise your body 'can' need more fuel so you can trade out APs on the day earned for more food.

For example if I do a 3 Mile WATP tape and earn 3 points for it. I add it to may daily points (so say I get 24 points a day I can then use 27 without using any of my weekly points).

Ok now you are going to ask well isn't just making the exercise mean nothing....no! A food point in very, very, very general terms is approximately 50 calories and an activity point in very, very, very general terms is about 100 calories burned (rermember that fat, fiber play into food points and intensity, time done and current weight play into activity points).

If you go your points slider you have the activity points booster to figure your ponits.
Closed Thread