Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #1  
LaGina

S/C/G: 386/202/190

Height: 5'8

Default New here

My name is Gina and I am new to this forum. I had RNY done in Dec of 2005. I have lost 184 pounds to date and I am on the door step of onderland. I saw my surgeon yesterday who told me I MIGHT lose another 20 pounds but otherwise I am really about done.

I am looking into having skin removed in May or June of this year.

I am here for support and to try to help people who are not as far along in the journey.

Thanks!
LaGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome and great job! I still have a ways to go with my journey but there will definitely need to be some plastic surgery at the end!
kfs151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:08 AM   #3  

Default Hi there!

I am just starting... I have a Cardiac consult 1/24, then start medifast 2/12
Still have apts coming for endocrinologist, nutritionist, upper GI ect. Surgery date 6/6/07 So welcome learning as much as I can about the good the not so good times following the surgery. I am having the same surgery, pray I am as successful. Thanks for support...
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #4  
unemployed karma fairy

S/C/G: 245/146/149

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, LaGina! I am 14 months post-surgery and I say don't give up hope about reaching your goal! I lost the majority of my weight in the first 8 months, but every couple of months or so, it seems that I'll drop another pound. Also, I initially had set my weight loss goal at 125, but when I hit 149 (and a normal BMI of 24.9 ~ woot! ) I felt great and "thin enough." I move great, have lots of energy, and love my size 10s (at age 18, I was 135 and size 12, so I really don't know how this has happened! ) I found that for me, it wasn't so much what I was eating as it was how much I was *moving*. I believe for many of us, *exercise* is key. Good luck!

Last edited by indigo child; 01-25-2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: typo
indigo child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:21 AM   #5  
banned

Welcome, LaGina!

You've given me even more motivation to go through this journey, and it has certainly been a long one for me..LOL! I did have a RNY attempt on 9/28/05, but they found a rare condition and couldn't complete the surgery, and it ended up an appendectomy instead (long story). Anyway, I just completed some pre-op retesting, and have just been approved by my insurance a few weeks ago for the lap band. I am scheduled for an in-office visit for March 5 and more than likely will have a surgery date after that. Meanwhile, I still continue to research and read as much as I can, as well as keep my current weight/BMI stable with 1500 calories/35g fat daily.
LAnneCarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Welcome guys!
LaGina you are doing great!
Sue it's going to be like a Birthday for you
Indi OMG you're success is amzing!
L Anne that's so exciting ~
Sorry for the short post WORK and i have to post a Q to the chicks
=D Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:49 PM   #7  
Maggi

Default New Here

I just had WLS surgery on 10 Jan and I'm still moving through the healing and new eating process. I'm eager to get healed from the surgery so I might could overcome one of my obstacles exercise.

Karen
magnoliamouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi & welcome Gina!!!!!!
RoseWaddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:19 PM   #9  

Default Karen

how ya doing surgery went well and all, when ya get a chance post and let us know thanks!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote