Old 01-09-2007, 02:46 PM   #1  

Default Food logging question

Ok when I was breastfeeding I'd get a small snack while nursing dd at night. Now I'm used to that pattern and when she wakes for a bottle at 1am I feel like I'm starving. The past couple of nights I've grabbed a special k bar or some other 100 cal or less snack to quench that. I know it's a pattern I really need to break but in the mean time how do I log that? Like the one I had in the middle of the night, does that go on yesterdays log or todays? I know I really shouldn't worry too much about it but in order to stay op I have to be very strict with myself about writing all this stuff down.

So how do/would you log midnight snacks?
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

If you only eat one thing each night, it doesn't really matter if you do it on today's log or yesterday's log as long as you're consistent. Pick one or the other and log it that way all the time, otherwise some days it will look like you ate 2 midnight snacks!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:50 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I generally count them as yesterdays on the theory that if i am too hungry to go to sleep i probably didnt eat enough yesterday. unless it is 4 am or so, then I count it as today

I had that habit with dd, broke it with ds and have only had a few snacks, usually I try to go back to bed first and see if I can sleep
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

I work a 7 PM to 7 AM shift four nights and am off for five days. That really throws a wrench in things. I count my days from Midnight to Midnight. No other way for me to do this without me pulling my hairs out.

All you really need is a 24-hour cycle. It could 4 PM to 4 PM, actually.

But to make yourself nuts over a snack isn't worth it. Are you that close to your limit that 100 calories is going to make a difference either way?
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote