Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

Default Free Registration/First Meeting Question

I see that WW is doing free registration for the first meeting. I have never been to a WW meeting (I'm doing this at home) and I have no desire to attend weekly meetings (due to money and time) BUT - if I were to go to a meeting as a first timer with the free registration, how much is it for that weekly fee and do they give you the new materials for free? I really just want the new books and points slider! (I know, I know... it's awful of me...)
Old 01-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #2  
I'm bringing MY sexy back

S/C/G: 231/210/150

Height: 5'0

I'm not sure, but to be honest, I'm doing this all from home too. I have online resources and my Aunts are into WW and have everything, I do have the calculator and pitcher and so forth and will get the books once my Aunt gets the new ones, she will give me hers she has already..

My support meetings are on here!! haha
Old 01-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #3  

Yea - I already have some books and a slider, and I use this forum as my support also... I just want the new stuff! (Plus I am a little curious about the meetings...)
Old 01-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Depends on your area for the fee. Ours is $12 a week. Yes you would get the first week materials which include the getting started book, slider (food and activity combined now) and an explanation of WW
Old 01-09-2007, 09:32 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

My region is $13 a week. As rosegarden said you get the week 1 materials and slider for foods and activity.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:28 AM   #6  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

justsomegirl...
I can understand the money part (but honestly, right now, its 39.95/mo with free registration and free etools is a GREAT deal) but the time part? This is your health. Its roughly 30-60 minutes and it is WELL WORTH the time.
I have been doing WW on my own (with freecycled WW material) since September, I lost 16 lbs. I completely lost my motivation. I started slacking on journaling, and was just guessing on points, so I decided to suck up the money, and get my butt to the meetings.
I LOVED it. The leader was motivating, and it was awesome to hear that other people were going through what I am going through. Sure people on 3FC are supportive, but this is real life, in your face support.
I thought I could go at it alone, but they gave a proven statistic yesterday that people who attend WW meetings are 3 times as likely to lose weight and stick with it than those who go at it alone.
I used to frequent 3FC hourly. Then it shrunk down to daily, then weekly, to barely ever.
If you pay for a month of WW, you're bound to go because you've invested money in it.
I never thought I'd be the one to tell you this, but I really recommend going, and not just 1 week for the material, but weekly to maintain the support you'll learn to love and appreciate.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:44 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

jenn, Remember that Monthly pass (meetings + etools) isn't available in all parts of the country. It is not available in my region.

However you can do online ($17 a month) or order all the 10 weeks of info plus some other things (starter kit, calculator, food/dining out companions) with the at home version ($100 I think but it too is only avail in certain areas).
Old 01-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #8  

Jenn - thanks for the advice. However, I have been doing it on my own for a while now and have been quite happy with my results (I'm down 26 lbs so far at an average loss of 1.5lbs per week). Some people need that face-to-face motivation, some just need forums to keep the motivated, and others have enough motivation within themselves to stick with it and make it work.

I don't have the time for the meetings - I'm a mother of three and a full-time student; my husband works all the time so I can stay home with the kids; I've already checked the hours of the WW meetings that are near me and I have no one that would be able to watch my kids during any of those times on a regular basis. I am making time for my health - it's due to the lack of a babysitter that I don't have the time for. If I had a sitter (or if all my kids were in school) believe me, I'd be at the meetings just for an added piece of motivation. I'm using the previous WW books from home and on Friday we're picking up our home gym... it's been going great!

I would just rather give WW the money for the books than order them off of eBay - which is my other option. I'm also considering purchasing their at-home kit - so that's the third thing I'm considering here.

Wow... I have rambled!
Closed Thread