South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #1  

Red face Eating to LITTLE!?!

Ok so I've been doing SBD for about a month, but I got VERY VERY sick and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me so the soulution was steriods and antibiotics. Anyway excuses, excuses, excuses. I was hungry when I wasn't even hungry. Before I got sick I lost 15 lbs in a month!! I have been back rolling for a 7 days and have only lost 4lbs on Phase 1. I expected much more because of the first round AND that the last two days I haven't been hungry at all so I don't eat. Right! I am wondering if my protein shake, salad and can o green beans is actually hurting rather than helping. Should I follow the snack and full meal and dessert even when I'm not hungry? Any one else get to this point?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sure doesn't sound like enough of the right kind of food to me. Please post exactly what you eat along with quantities. You must eat or you will lose lean body mass, not fat.

Actually 4 pounds in a week is certainly an acceptable loss, particularly after the 15 pound drop earlier. Are you still on steroids and antibiotics? They could be affecting your appetite.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Woah, Gynnalyn, sloooow down, girl! Sounds like your body's been through a lot, hon. It's going to take time to get back to normal. Steroids can bloat you, and antibiotics mess up your digestive track because they kill of the 'good bugs' that you need to help you digest your food.

A couple of things.
  • Make sure you are eating yogurt every day for the rest of this week. The kind you need is plain with "Live, Active Cultures." Make sure it says that on the carton. Stonyfield Farms makes excellent organic yogurt in Plain, lowfat and fat free. You can add Sugar Free syrups to it to flavor it so it's sweet and good, okay? The "Live, Active Cultures" in the yogurt will put the 'good bugs' back in your digestive track so you can digest things properly again. You should do this anytime you use antibiotics.
    [P]
  • Use Fitday to enter what you're eating every day and figure out the calories and balance of protein, carbs, and fat (most of us aim for 30% of each, approximately...in P1, you may have more protein and fat and less carbs). The website is free and easier to use as time goes on and you have more of the things you eat stored in the system. You should be eating AT LEAST 1200 calories every day. If you eat less, your body thinks you are starving and will hold on to every bit of fat tenaciously. If you're eating less than that, then yes, you need to eat even though you don't feel hungry, unless your doctor says otherwise.
    [P]
  • Don't worry about pounds right now. You've lost a lot, and unless you are more than 100 pounds overweight, I would think losing a lot more weight quickly would be dangerous and unlikely. I was 150+ pounds overweight when I started and I lost 28 pounds during my 2 weeks of P2. I lost around 3-5 pounds a week for a while, but it tapered off quickly. Each person's body is different and you've lost a lot! So try to just work on getting used to the program and switched to P2 as soon as your cravings are gone. You shouldn't have to do P1 now unless you ate some sugar during your illness and feel the cravings are back.

Hope this helps and you are feeling healthy and hungry soon!
Closed Thread