Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #1  
the gastronomic godess...

S/C/G: 202/202/130

Height: 5'4"

Default it's about time!!!!!

Hi, I am completely new here.... I just started trying to change my habits... and one of the things all the books say is to get help and support... so... here I am! I am afraid of failing before I even start... I know I HAVE TO DO IT NOW.... but... It feels like a huge task- losing 70 lbs.... I have been reading a GREAT book though- You On a Diet- just came out.... it has taught me a lot and changed my thinking within 2 chapters.... I have been to the gym 3 days in a row now. I keep telling myself you gotta start somewhere.
'there is only one way to eat an elephant.... one bite at a time' (the problem seems to be that I already ate it)
tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:18 AM   #2  

Lol, maybe think of it as a journey to a happier, healthier you... and so instead of thinking about an elephant, think of the path and remember that a journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step!

Everyone has to start somewhere and never be afraid to fail... because the real failure is in not starting, not when you don't find perfection. Much better to try and surprise yourself with how amazing you can be than to waste your life away never trying anything new because you're scared of failing.
senorita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:31 AM   #3  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Ahhhh - but also keep in mind that the 1000 mile journey doesn't have to be done all at once.

If you look at the 70 pounds as one great big thing then it can seem an almost impossible task to lose it - but break it down in to ten manageable chunks of, say, 7 pounds each and it gets easier.

Set yourself small targets - not necessarily scale related. Maybe when you get in to the next size jeans down, can paint your own toenails - that kind of thing.

One thing that has really helped me is that I made a chart and stuck it above my computer. On it I put a list of things I'd like to do - about 20 of them - and each week I put some money in a pot and a little extra for each pound lost - and when I manage to achieve one of my goals I cross it off, put the date against it, then spend all the money in the pot on a non-food related treat. Its great to look up and immediately see how far I've come.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 4' 11"

hi everyone - i am sick and tired of being sick and tired about being fat. i am hopeful this is my last go around and i finally get my life together. i am so glad if found this site and all of you

Valentines Day goal

Chances93 is offline   Reply With Quote