Old 01-04-2007, 08:13 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30-Something's: Thursday, 1/4

Mornin' All!

After a rough day yesterday, DH got me up early to hop in the shower before he left, so I feel much better. Then DH calls me not long after he left the house to tell me he got in an accident!! Right down the road, a tow truck cut him off and smashed the whole front of his truck!! It's not driveable. He's OK though. So now I'm waiting for him to call or get home. I guess I will have to drive him to work, unless he's planning to stay home and call insurance and all that stuff. Just what we needed.

Check in later...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:28 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

OMGoodness! I am so glad he wasn't hurt. It won't be considered his fault, will it?

Things are OK here. Just very tired for some reason today. Girlie actually gave me a break and slept in the bassinet for awhile last night. I've no idea how long it was. I couldn't get my eyes to open when I got her out.

I hope everyone has an awesome, on-plan day!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:39 AM   #3  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Cool

Week 1, Day 4 (Motivation: Medium)

So, it feels good to be back at work. I know, such a different tune from the one I was singing back a couple weeks ago where I found myself dragging my butt into the office. I dunno. Maybe it's just a better attitude now that I'm not stressed out from Christmas and the stuff.

Went a little over my target calories on Tuesday, but yesterday was right back where I was supposed to be. However, I had a bit of an interesting thing happen to me yesterday.... I think my sugars crashed. Around mid-morning, I found myself with the shakes and feeling quite anxious. It was as if the world around me wasn't moving fast enough...not that it felt like the world was in slow motion. Just that things weren't going fast enough. I thought I remembered that these were symptoms of hypoglycemia, so I grabbed some carrots out of my lunch bag and munched on them. Seemed to help, but I had the feeling that I was always on the verge of shaking for the rest of the day. Didn't really totally subside until about 8pm and I feel fine today. All that being said, I'm still happy that I made a doctor's appointment (part of my 40 before 40 goals) to get my first general physical in over 15 years.

I'll forgo the personal notes today since I'm already at work but didn't want to go ANOTHER day without posting. Extra special to Lauren re: the car accident. Glad to hear that DH is alright. There's something ironic about getting smoked by a tow truck though. Must have been trying to drum up some business or something.

to everyone, especially those struggling.

Stay strong & stay on program!

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:17 AM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

lol drumming up business that's BAD!!

Glad your hubby's doing ok though, I remember about 5 years ago when hubby cracked up my car, i was so angry at him for cracking it up, and he looked at me like "i can't believe you aren't worried about how I am!!" He took off in my car cuz he couldn't sleep and was bored supposedly. At the time he was training at another base and I'd driven up there for the weekend. I had to drive his hunk of crap back home, order and pickup the part to fix my car, and drove back 3 hrs the next weekend then help him put the damn radiator on the car. Moron. Stupid stuff like that happens to him when he's gone and done stupid stuff like take off driving in the middle of the night cuz he's bored. *sighs*

Anywhooo, my tummy's much better today. I'm gonna try to be good

Stevi where are you? I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #5  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi all

It took me forever to catch up on the posts since Friday, and I pretty much scanned them...sorry.

I finally had my last holiday up in New England with my family this past weekend, and am officially back on the band wagon!!! I"m pretty excited about it, even though the scale showed a 3 pound increase... oh well.. I can't change the past, only improve the present for a better future!!!

Just a couple personals....

Holy - I"m pretty new here, where is your DH?

RR - Congrats on the smaller pants!!

Lauren - Congrats on the weight loss!!! I hope DH (And car) are doing better. Sounds like you had a fabulous New YEars Eve... I"m jealous.

Alley - HUGE welcome!!! You made the first step, to seek out support.

RX - What kind of treadmill are you looking to buy? I am seriously considering purchasing one.

To any parents out there.... How do you manage to ft in the exercise with a baby on your hands?? My little guy is 6 months old and I don't live in the best neighborhood for walking and am not sure how to get in the exercise I REALLY need.... I was thinking about buying a treadmill but dread that it may turn into a clothes rack...HELP!!!

Happy THursday to you all!!!! I can't wait to get to know all of you better

~Becky
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #6  
LBH

Hi All,

Becky, How about going to the mall to walk around? Lots of stimulation for the little guy too!

Thanks for all the concern. DH is fine, he said his legs hurt a bit, above the knees, probably from pushing to "brake", kwim? I have to go p/u the "tow release form" from the police dept. to bring to the towing company for the auto body place to come pick it up. The insurance adjuster is going to look at it today or tomorrow and hopefully decide to total it. It's a 2000 XTerra w/92K miles on it and Edmunds says it worth 6K something. Airbags cost 1500. each to fix, so I'm guessing there's a good chance they'll total it. It was a head-on collision. DH was going straight over the overpass and the tow truck turned left in front of him. Totally the tow truck's fault.

Anyway, I've got a busy day ahead of me. Have a great one all!
Old 01-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/180/110

Height: 5'1"

Default HI there!

Hello everyone!

I have been reading through different threads in the site. I love the way everyone supports each other. I could not decide which one to stick with, but I finally did. I just turned 30 a couple of months ago, so I'll stay here. I'll wait a week or two before posting an official intro, but here's a brief one:

I'm Mattie. I'm married w/ two kids. I was born in Puerto Rico and lived in Miami until about 7 months ago. Since then I moved to S. Carolina.
S185??/C180??/G110
My weight history is quite extensive, so I'll make it very brief: It is quite similar to a thermometer (constantly up and down). I have lost and gained between 70 and 80 lbs.

Today is day 1 of my eating on a schedule: 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm

Please count on my support and motivation.
mattier555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:05 AM   #8  

Height: 5'3"

morning all.
Lauren sorry bout the accident. Just remember to stay calm and try no to stress to much.
I have BIG news and I am really excited. I have make a conference call. I will write in here soon.
XOXOXO
shey237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:15 AM   #9  
Stephanie

Default Good Morning ALL

Hi there-
Lauren - sorry about the accident!!! Not a fun way to start the day!!

Beckins - exercising with a little one can done!! Just get a Walk away the Pounds dvd and when they are sleeping pop it in - just takes 30 minutes!! Also you can use him exercising - just pop him on your legs and do leg lifts holding his arms and have him lay from your knees down, I still do it with my 4 year old!!! She still loves it!!! Or put him in the bouncy seat or swing and do crunches or whatever!!! The mall is also a great idea too!!

We we are off to DisneyWorld for 3 days, I will try to stick to plan as much as possible but who knows!! We will be back Sunday!!!

Have a great weekend and drink lots of water!!!
FL-MOM-OF-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:27 AM   #10  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning
Lauren So sorry to hear about DH hope all works out
well i stepped on the scale and yep it's up 183.6 darn it i think i needed to see it though cause now im going back to the basic's and getting in gear im gonna restart WW i have all the material and im gonna do it at home
i'll check in later time to go change my ticker **sigh**
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #11  

Height: 5'3"

Okay I'm back. So I didn't walk yesterday so today I WILL walk one hour.
Does anyone know anything about shin splints please??? They kill my walk.
But I will walk anyway.
I've just had a big development in my life recently. (yesterday) I am pretty excited. We are adopting a baby!!! We will still keep on trying to have our own, but the opportunity presented itself. AND I have always wanted to adopt. Ever sinvce I was about 12 I wanted my first child to be adopted. I don't know why. I just did. Yes I know I'm strange. The babies mom is going to jail. She has had 4 other kids and gave them all up. The downer is that she hasn't had any prenatal care and she said she is at about 7 ms. Does anyone know if she can get an amniocentisis in jail? I think that would be the only thing to bust that plan.
Anyway. Hope you all stay motivated and I will check back before noon to see if there is any miracle cure for shin splints.
XOXOXO
shey237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:33 PM   #12  
Hopeful Loser

S/C/G: 167/165.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default shin splints

From themay clinic website:

Treatment
In most cases, you can treat shin splints with simple self-care steps:

Rest. Avoid activities that cause pain, swelling or discomfort — but don't give up all physical activity. While you're healing, try low-impact exercises, such as swimming, bicycling or water running. If your shin pain causes you to limp, consider using crutches until you can walk normally without pain.

Ice the affected area. Apply ice packs to the affected shin for 15 to 20 minutes at a time, four times a day for several days. To protect your skin, wrap the ice packs in a thin towel.

Reduce swelling. Elevate the affected shin above the level of your heart, especially at night. It may also help to compress the area with an elastic bandage or compression sleeve. Loosen the wrap if the pain increases, the area becomes numb or swelling occurs below the wrapped area.

Take an over-the-counter pain reliever. Try ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others), naproxen (Aleve) or aspirin to reduce pain and inflammation.

Wear proper shoes. Your doctor may recommend a shoe that's especially suited for your foot type, your stride and your particular sport.

Consider arch supports. Arch supports can help cushion and disperse stress on your shinbones. Off-the-shelf arch supports come in various sizes and can be fitted immediately. More durable arch supports can be custom-made from a plaster cast of your foot.
beckins1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:32 PM   #13  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 283.5/278.5/215

Height: 6'3"

Hello Everyone!

Lauren...Sorry to hear about your hubby...most importantly...glad he is doing ok!!!

Becky...Walkin Away the Pounds...I have those and have enjoyed them!!! You can go at your own pace which I love!!

What are your thoughts on calories everyone? According to a link I got:
http://nutrition.about.com/library/b...tion_guide.htm

if I excercise 30 minutes a day, I should reach my goal by intaking almost 2700 per day. The last 2 days I have had 1400 and 1100 per day. Is it true that you can slow down your metabolism if you go too low? I am at half or more than I should be...doesn't seem right.

What are everyone's thoughts???
baglynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:56 PM   #14  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckins1217 View Post
To any parents out there.... How do you manage to ft in the exercise with a baby on your hands?? My little guy is 6 months old and I don't live in the best neighborhood for walking and am not sure how to get in the exercise I REALLY need.... I was thinking about buying a treadmill but dread that it may turn into a clothes rack...HELP!!!
Hey Becky, I have a six month old DD, so I totally hear ya on the baby thing. Exercise done it batches still counts. 3 10 min sessions still count as 30 min. If you have an exersaucer or swing or bouncy, put him in and put in a tape. Or put on some music and dance. Whatever you can do with him watching. It makes my girlie giggle. Thanks for the reminder that I CAN get my butt up and exercise!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #15  
LBH

Bag, that seems like an awful lot of calories (2700). I think I have heard that if you don't eat enough, you're metabolism can slow...at least temporarily.

Shey, CONGRATS! How exciting! Is there any reason she needs an aminio? Are you looking for birth defects? I would think they have to provide her with medical care while in there. It is possible that you may be able to request an amnio, maybe if you've already signed something saying you are adopting the child. Maybe if you paid out of pocket for it??