Old 01-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #1  
Justforfun

S/C/G: 202/187/146

Height: 5'4''

Default HELP!!! I've fallen off program

I can't believe I did this. The week b-4 Christmas I was done to 183 lbs and between Christmas and New Years I have gained 6 lbs. I feel like I have let myself down and now I can't get rid of that feeling. I try everyday to start anew, only to screw up by mid afternoon. I eat the lites like I am s'pose to but I just can't get into eating the veggies and fruit like I should. Any ideas how to get back on program would be ever so appreciated.
Justforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:04 PM   #2  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

You know, every time I start to sink, I go back and read the Daily Reason thread. For some reason, it inspires me to keep going. Hang in there...you can DO this!!! Keep coming here and reading...Pearl will give you an inspirational kick in the pants if she can!

We're all here together...don't give up!

As for an actual, practical, what-to-do, I find that writing down my day's menu ahead of time REALLY helps me to stick to the plan. Keep us updated!!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Well, 6 lbs seems to be the number a lot of us gained. Time to move on, it does no good to beat yourself up about it now, and you don't need to feel bad about anything right now! Consider this a new slate (I posted in another thread - it's all NEW! New week, new month, new year).

A lot of us did Take Off (juicing) just to get back on track, it seems to help with the cravings for off-plan food, plus it helps you be oh-so-happy to finally get to have the POP food after 2 days of juice, chicken and greens!

Check out the intentions thread too - sometimes for me, just seeing it in print helps me stay focused.

And, most of all - (Besides realizing that YOU CAN DO THIS, and YOU ARE WORTH IT!) stick around here - there's a lot of inspiration to be found.

*** Where are you Pearl? I'm doing a poor imitation of your motivational form... I need ya to jump in....****
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Justforfun - Focus on positive thinking vs self-doubt talk and you'll get back on track. Put the past behind. You can do this; you do not want to continue with the self-abuse of overeating, making bad food choices, etc. If you are a role model, think of your kids; personally, I do this for overall health and that is my focus that keeps me motivated.

Repeat after me, out loud! "I can lose weight and be healthy, exercise to the best of my ability, and get stronger and better at it every time I do it." Your self-talk can mean the difference between happiness and despair, and success and failure. If you start making your self-talk more positive and affirming — and less defeatist and self-depreciating — your whole life will change for the better. So much of this journey is about having the right attitude and if you don't have the right attitude now, improve the one you have.

Having the right attitude is so important. We all know how easily negative thoughts can lead to a lack of confidence, hopelessness, and depression. You've heard about self-fulfilling prophecy, right? Well, if you tell yourself that you'll always be overweight or unhappy, you'll probably end up overweight and unhappy. It's a tough lesson to learn, but it's true.

(this is something Jillian Michaels talks about).

Good luck and come to the boards here as often as possible. When you get tired of us, go to the main thread on the 3FC website and I bet something, somewhere will inspire you! Good luck.

Last edited by Joni135; 01-03-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #5  
FBD/8-18-08

Justforfun - What is it about the veggies and fruit that trip you up? Is it the preparation, taste, time, availability? Whatever it is, let's figure it out and find a "cure" for it! Maybe we need to get you some recipes or some new food ideas! Maybe V-8 or V-8 Fusion once in a while...
Next, take a look back in November and remember why you started LAWL in the first place! You've got to get your focus back! You've veared off course and now is the time to make that "U-TURN" and get back on the right track!
First of all, you're worth the effort!
Secondly, your loved ones deserve the healthiest "you" that you can be!
Thirdly, this is about health, not just weight loss.
Fourth, you've only been doing this a couple of months and right in the middle of holiday! So, like Kim said, it's a NEW year - a NEW start!
Obviously you want to do this or you would have quit instead of coming here and honestly admitting you're off track. So with all that said...
Plan your meals, get rid of the "stuff" that isn't good for you, don't allow yourself to get in a situation where off plan is the only plan, and above all - remember....
YOU'RE A LOSER - NOT A QUITTER! Therefore, there's no failure here! Just a detour!
Let us know the answers to the above questions so we can figure out a way around the issues.
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
We care about you and we want you to succeed!
Hugs,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #6  
Justforfun

S/C/G: 202/187/146

Height: 5'4''

Thanks everyone! I feel so much better knowing that I am not the only one who had a tough time during the holidays! You all seem to care more than my counselor, she only made me feel that I should have had more control of what I ate even though we were at relatives houses for meals. I can't expect them to make a special meal just for me. As far as the veggies and fruit, I get real bored with hot veggies and same old fruit. The prices jump quite high for fresh fruit and certain veggies this time of the year, so I try to eat the frozen veggies which seem to have a weird taste. Any ideas what to do would be great. THANKS AGAIN for being there for a girl in need!
Justforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #7  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Justforfun--I am not a veggie fan--as posted in another thread so I drink a lot of low sodium V-8. At first I didn't like the taste but now I love it.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Boy do I know how this goes.. I hate a lot of different veggies... So I've just been holding my nose and dealing with it.. I use a lot of salt free spices on them to kick up (or is it cover) the flavor..

I love corn, but of course, we can't have much of that.. I also love tomatoes, so I've started eating the little grape variety.. I can carry a handful in a baggie along with carrot sticks and suddently "WHAM" a good percentage of my veggie intake is taken care of..

I'll add one more reason to kick yourself back on plan - the cost... Health, apperance, career (I do a lot of TV stuff) weren't enough, but I tell you what... If I'm paying a lot of money for it, I'm darn well sure I'm gonna get my money's worth...

Good luck ~ You can do it!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5

I hate veggies so to get them in I eat meals that "kill two in one". My favorite is the chicken-vegetable loaf from the LA Cookbook. It has 1 P, 2 V. I love it. I'm going to try and find the recipe if you are interested.
truelies is offline   Reply With Quote