Old 01-02-2007, 08:18 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - Jan 1/07

Happy New Year!

How are you all? Hope you had a fine holiday and that the scales are kind to you when you finally brave them. I am not really up anything significant; my weight has fluctuated 2-3 lbs in either direction over the past few months and this morning is no different. At least I'm not facing an extra 5 as I have in some years.

Any resolutions?

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

The holidays went well--I'm glad they're behind me. The time off of work is nice but it really causes me stress because I'm not on a regular schedule with getting up, eating, activity, etc. I did go to my meeting last week and was up a little--I did go back and check through my old weight loss tracker to see how it compares to previous years and it's pretty much the same. I'm up a little from last year but nothing horrific thank goodness.

No major resolutions other than to not beat myself up for not having a good "OP day". I would like to get that little room organized that has the kids old toys in it and make it into more of a computer room.

The weather here continues to be warm--no major snow and from what the forecasters say we're not going to be getting much of anything this month. I'm not complaining because I'm able to go outside and walk rather than inside!

Susan: Thanks for getting the thread up and running this morning.

Hi to Lala, Lisa, Pam, Julie, Austingal, Liz!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Happy New Year, Lifers!!! Yes, I was off work last week, so I wasn't on the computer too much at all. I really enjoyed Christmas, but I always do because I'm a Christmas freak. Everyone liked what I bought them. That always makes me happy.

Melissa, I hear what you are saying. Yes, it can be stressful, but I just love all the gatherings and seeing friends and family. I know that I overate and overdrank, but now I know what I need to do.

Unfortunately, I reinjured my back over Christmas. I think it was Christmas day where we had 25 people at my parents' home for dinner. I told my mother to just sit back while we prepared the food. I didn't do anything strenuous, but I was on my feet all day! Fortunately, my brother was visiting and he's a chiropractor. : )

I was talking to my own chiropractor about this injury. I'm so bummed because I'm accustomed to springing back from anything that happens and this back thing has been going on now for almost a month. He said that the area that I injured (muscle pull L5-S1 area) is a tough one to heal.

I've continued to walk, but not too fast. I'm not doing any Pilates of course, just some stretches that he gave me to do. I was not allowed to play any golf which really bothered me and DH.

Susan, Yes, thanks for getting the thread up and running.

Hello and Happy New Year to Pam, lala, Austingal, Liz, etc.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #4  

Happy New Year Ladies,

It's looking like a good one so far...the weather is beautiful and looking pretty good through the end of the week. I can certainly take temps in the mid 40's in January.
Had a pretty low key New Years Eve. We went out to dinner with my sis and her family. We were back home by 9:00 but did manage to stay up and ring in the new year.
I finally feel like I'm going to be able to drop this extra weight I've gained over the past year. I am pleased to announce that I did not gain an ounce over the holidays. I joined the winter melt down at work and am determined to be at my happy weight by my birthday in March!

Hi to Melissa, Susan, Lala, Lisa and everyone else.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:20 AM   #5  

Pam: I've set March as my target to lose my extra weight too. As of this morning, it's about 10 lbs. I know I/we can do this. I had a good day yesterday as far as eating and exercise go.

Lisa: Sorry to hear about your back. It's frustrating, isn't it, not to be able to do the things you like to do. Keep doing the exercises he prescribed; it will come. BTW, I was always a Christmas freak too. Not this year, but I'm hoping to take up the role again soon - maybe next year.

Melissa: The weather here has been beautiful too. Not a bit of snow and mild temps. The past few days have been windy though, bringing in the wind chill factor. My runs have been inside over the past few days, but I hope to get out for a long walk after work today, darkness be damned!

I have a ...er...date (sorta) on Saturday morning to go for a walk with a man I met on-line. Rather nervous. He seems nice, but it's all subject to change when the face-to-face happens. Wish me luck!

Susan
Old 01-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #6  

Pam, Happy New Year. You have certainly had warm weather (all of you Northerners have). We are breaking records here. I had to turn on my A/C again and I usually enjoy so much having the windows open at this time of year. Hmmm, is Al Gore right??? Congrats on not gaining weight. I still have not gotten on the scale (do you hear a chicken clucking?) I know that I gained.

Yesterday I tried very hard to be OP. I started off great, good breakfast, yogurt for a snack, veggies for lunch and THEN CANDY IN THE AFTERNOON!!! So, because I blew it, I ate a huge dinner. Why do I do that to myself?

Susan, Yes, I will continue to do the stretching exercises. My back is a lot better today. I guess it's just a slow process. I wish you well with your er date. Some people meet really nice folks on the Internet. My sister tried it and did not have luck--turns out most of the guys were liars.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #7  

Hi ladies,

This weather continues to amaze me. Its in the low 50's today and by Saturday it should reach almost 60! The grass is still very green and looking almost springlike.

I was good yesterday and stayed away from all the leftover holiday goodies people have been bringing in to the office. It was especially hard staying away from the peanut butter fudge that someone left in our kitchen area but I think I've just had enough of junk food. I had a nice OP day yesterday and plan more of the same today. Plan on going out this afternoon for a walk in addition to the normal stretching exercises I have been doing for my shoulder.
I can do this!

Susan I would also like to lose 10lbs. Now is the time to get it off before the 10 turns into 20. We can do it! Good luck with your date on Saturday! I know a lot of people who have met their significant others on-line. I also know someone who put her profile on-line and apparently it was so specific she got a reply back stating there were no matches for her! LOL.

Lisa sorry your back is still giving you problems. It's very frustrating when your body doesn't heal as fast as you would like it to. I'm going through that also with my shoulder. I'm now into my second month of PT and it's just starting to improve slightly. You're fortunate to have a brother that's a chiropractor!

Well ladies time to get that walking done. Have a great day!
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:03 PM   #8  

Like Susan and Pam the weather here continues to amaze me--it's sunny and 50 today and no snow in sight! I'm not complaining at all. I wasn't able to get out at noon for a walk but that's okay. I feel good about where I'm at with my walking--I'd like to add some weights for strength training but haven't done it yet.

They had a piece on the news here earlier this week about some goslings that had hatched--very unusual for this time of year--maybe the geese know something we don't?

Lisa: I hope your back is feeling better. I know exactly what you're talking about doing good all day then BANG! you eat one thing and that leads to something else, etc. The trick is to not beat yourself up. Maybe if we were kinder to ourselves and say, "I can have 1 piece and I'm going to enjoy it" maybe we'd be better off and then we wouldn't feel like we're being deprived.

Susan: The winds can be harsh when you have asthma--I know a couple of times when we were out walking the wind/cold took our breath away and we struggled to catch our breath so I can only imagine how you must feel. Good luck with the walk I'm looking to shed about 5# to get back down to 140.

Pam: I'm lucky in the respect that I don't have anyone bringing in goodies to the office--my trouble is more in the evening when I get tired/bored and then I start hunting around for something to snack on.

I did go to my meeting at noon today and was down .6 from last week. My weight has been hovering between 144-145 the past 2 months and I'm tired of it. My WW Goal Weight is 142 and I want to be within that 2# and it's been a struggle. I really need to buckle down.

I wonder how Lala, Liz, Austingal, and Julie are doing...we haven't heard from them in a while.

Enjoy the great weather ladies!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #9  

Melissa, I just can't believe the weather you're having. Very odd. DH and I talked to his mom on New Year's Day and she was amazed at the weather in Ohio. Congrats on the loss.

It is so hot here! Today it will be 80 degrees. This is not normal for this time of year. I usually enjoy this time of year because I can wear sweaters and not have as much humidity, but now we have the A/C on.

I'm wondering about lala, too. I wanted to ask her about things to see in London as she goes there frequently. I'll be traveling there in March and I'm getting excited.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #10  

Just checking in to say hi. I got out for a run with a few friends last nite. That made three in a row; I feel so much better when I'm running.

Bright sunny day today. Temps going up to 13 on the weekend. This is very strange. I'm afraid that some of the spring flowers are going to start rearing their pretty heads only to have them frozen off when the real winter hits.

Susan
Old 01-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #11  

We had some rain move in last evening and it smelled like a Spring evening...the temps rose overnight and this morning it was 57! I wore my light raincoat. Temps are supposed to drop a little over the weekend. I have my windows open at home to air the place out and get rid of the stale air.

I had a good day yesterday in keeping with my POINTS...now to hang on over the weekend. I made some Spicy Red Lentil Chili for tonight and it tastes great. I got the recipe from our local grocery store. They have it in their cafe area and I've had it a couple of times and it's really good.

Susan: I think some of the trees here have buds on them; haven't seen any flowers yet but then it's a good possibility.

Anyone have plans for the weekend?