Old 12-31-2006, 07:43 PM   #1  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Arrow WATP ~~ January 2007 Daily Check In...

Hello all you beautiful walkers! This is the thread for people who use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds! Feel free to stop by and report your walks and progress toward your goals! Or if you just want to ask a question, we're here for you!

WALK, WALK, WALK!!!!!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:00 PM   #2  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

I haven't used any of these dvd's before, but I got a gift card and plan to buy at least one for a Christmas present for myself! I've heard nothing but good things about this program!

I do have a few questions though that maybe you culd answer!

1) How long have you been on the program?
2) What dvd is your favorite?
3) What kind of eating program do you follow?
4) How much weight have you lost since starting WATP??

Thanks in advance everyone!!!!!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:54 PM   #3  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks for starting 2007 out for us Michelle!

Amanda, I'm sure you'll get lots of other responses, but I'll start out.

1. I've been doing WATP for about 13 months. I started around Thanksgiving of 2005.
2. My current favorite is the 5 mile DVD, although I wouldn't say to start with that one. I started with the Get up and get started 1 mile/ High Calorie Burn 2 mile DVD. I got it at Wal-mart and it had both the one mile and the 2 mile on it.
3. My eating plan currently is calorie counting, with no added sugar, HFCS, white rice, potatoes, or white flour. Very little processed foods.
4. I've lost 131 lbs since September 2005.

I love WATP because I've been able to do it from the first day. As I've become fitter, I've been able to move right along to other WATP tapes.

Please feel free to checkin with us here if you do start. The more, the merrier.

Last edited by jtammy; 01-01-2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Edited to correct the date to 2005
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:59 AM   #4  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

I want to join this group, but I need a copy of the WATP videos. Anyone got an extra set?
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Today I did 2 miles using 2 lbs weights. I did the muscle mile one twice.

Here are my answers to the questions:

1) How long have you been on the program?

I started WATP last January, the 3rd to be exact

2) What dvd is your favorite?

I like all of the videos. I agree that I really like the 5 mile DVD now, but I wouldn't suggest starting with that one either since the workouts just start right off the bat rather than with a warm up like all of her other videos. The Express series is really good, I have the 1, 2, 3 & 4 mile express. The Walk Diet that Walmart usually has is the one I started with. I don't use it anymore and gave it to my mom because it only had a 1 & 2 mile but it was the perfect place for me to start.

3) What kind of eating program do you follow?

I am not following any specific program. Just trying to watch my eating. I'm reading Leslie's 2nd book right now and hope to impliment some of her strategies. I find I cannot count calories or follow a plan like WW. That's a good as setting me up for failure.

4) How much weight have you lost since starting WATP??

I've lost nearly 40 lbs. This is wonderful for me. I have never lost any measureable amount of weight and KEPT it off for any length of time. We just went through the death of my DH's brother and even with taking a month off coping with the aftermath of all of that, I've remained w/i 3 lbs of my lowest weight so I'm ready to hit the WATP hard again for '07

hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:10 AM   #6  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Ladies -- I wanted to start the new year off with a new account and a new name. MyPriority is what I'm doing for myself; making myself, and my health, my priority every day now. I'm ready to get back on track again and get the rest of this weight off for good!!! I hope all of you have a wonderful New Year's Day! I'm having family over today and cooking a ham dinner, and also celebrating my DH's birthday since he will be turning 49 tomorrow.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:16 AM   #7  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Thank you all for your responses! VERY helpful! I'm living in a little attic apartment and don't have the mula for a gym membership, or room for any exercise equipment...so I thought this might do the trick! Congrads to you all on your weight loss! That's wonderful! Continued sucess to you all in 2007!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #8  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I walked for 30 minutes this morning. Hopefully more to come later.

Lookingforhope, my local library loans the WATP DVDs. You might try borrowing from your library until you can purchase your own set.

Edited: ten more minutes on the Power Rider tonight.

Last edited by jtammy; 01-01-2007 at 11:07 PM.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #9  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all. Happy New Year.

Okay, the 2006 numbers are in and I'm going to share...
Biking = 103 miles
Walking/Jogging = 1002.2 miles (wow-weeeee!!!)
Swimming = 17 miles
Rollerblading = 80 miles
Then there are a few other exercises to round it out. I "earned" $1235.80 for my toys (spent $1082 so I'm on my way to a new fireplace).
AND.... I lost 40.6 pounds.

I'd say 2006 was a great year. Now on to 2007 and losing and exercising more.
So, my answers to the questions...

1) How long have you been on the program? I started WATP on 1/12/06.
2) What dvd is your favorite? My favorite is the ones I've made from several (computer editing). I love the 1 mile jog combined with the "fastest" walk off the 5 miler. I agree with the other posts that those aren't the ones to start with. I got the 5 miler in March 2006 so I'd been exercising with Leslie for about 2 months.
3) What kind of eating program do you follow? I count my calories with Lifeform ( a database with most foods and exercises in it - I've used it for years and definitely see the weight records reflected yo-yoing - no longer though). I stick between 1500 to 1700 calories a day.
4) How much weight have you lost since starting WATP?? I started WATP in January and started dieting on April 25th, 2006. Since April I've lost 40 pounds.

Now, I'm off to purchase the new skis I picked out on Saturday. I'm hoping they'll ship right away so perhaps DH will take me skiing again this weekend. If they don't arrive in time, we'll go snowshoeing at Crater Lake again. We went yesterday and it was absolutely gorgeous out. This morning we hiked in the mountains with the doggies. Exercise certainly makes me want to exercise more.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #10  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Way to go, Marie! Those are AWESOME stats!

My magic number was 821.39 fitness miles walked in 2006! I'm aiming for at least 850 this year, though I'd LOVE to hit 1000.

To get myself started toward that goal, I did 75 minutes and 4.1 miles on the treadmill this afternoon!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Did a 3 mile from the 5 mile DVD this morning. Didn't use any boosters though. We painted our laundry room yesterday and my arm is sore!! But the room looks nice
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I got SOOOOO lost on the December thread, so I had just gave up. Hoping I can keep up now that I've posted at the beginning of this thread

I have been doing WATP for a couple of weeks but I've done it 3 times in the past 4 days. I looooooooooooove it. The only part that really bugs me is on the 2 mile express brisk walk when Leslie says "She is just so full of spirit. That's what fitness does. That's what fitness does". I don't know why it bugs me but it makes me shudder, lol.

I have one question though. I don't feel terribly challenged though no matter what I do. I see some of the ladies on the tv sweating but I only sweat a tiny bit and am not struggling to breathe or anything. Can I use a step or how would I get more of a challenge? I do have the stretchie bands that I use.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #13  

Talking New here and to watp

Hi all,
I'm new here and trying to lose weight with WATP also. Hope to get and give support with you all too.
Kristina
mom2twoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 175/175/140

Default New to 3fc and watp -- wasn't sure what that meant at first

This is my first experience with an online chat support room and walk away the pounds.

I would definately like some company (online) while working on my fitness/weight. How long should I stay with the first tape -- 1 mile?

Today is day one.
Corky0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #15  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Corky, stay with the 1 mile until you can do it without wanting to fall over. Go to the 2 mile and go as far as you can go. As long as you're challenging yourself, you're going to get more fit.

babygrant, After a while I thought I wasn't getting a good workout. That was this past summer and I'd started hiking in the mountains and huffed my way up the hills. So I started doing that almost exclusively and then after about 10 days I did a 3 miles advanced workout with WATP and I huffed through that while I was no longer huffing up the hills. My conclusion was that walking outside is totally different then WATP but they're both good workouts. Now I do both on a regular basis. BTW, I never, ever sweat with WATP or walking outside. Snowshoeing in the mountains - I do sweat. I think it's a personal thing based on the individual. I wouldn't worry about it other than maybe addind a little hilly walking for variety.

I did 1 mile walking and 2 miles jogging this a.m. I also did my ab lounge workout. I'm back at work and getting up at 5:15 to exercise again was painful.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote