Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 12-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #1  
sfj

Default Discovery Health Body Challenge

Anyone going to do this? I was thinking about it. You can register online. You get a free 8 week bally pass, but there isn't a Bally's around here. Still I thought it would be a good motivator.

I have already started my food program, now I am just waiting on my treadmill to get here.

I cant believe how far I have let myself go! Just a few (well 4 ) years ago I was 155ish, in shape and liked to go to the gym.

Now I'm pushing 190 and the thought of the gym gives me a headache.

So here I go once again.

sfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #2  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

My sister and me were going to do the Discovery Health Body Challenge. We havent registered yet. There isnt a Bally around where i live either, which kind of stinks but i still want to do it anyway. It sounds like it would be wonderful motivation!!
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I sign up for this every year, just to get the newsletters and tools. The first one was really super - that was where they made you sign up at the shopping mall - ugh, what a mistake! Thankfully, they've discontinued that - the unfit were taking over the malls all across America on that day! LOL Seriously, there was a 6 hr wait at the King of Prussia, PA mall that day to get weighed. I didn't wait. The website was crashing like crazy the first year, but they seemed to have that all fixed by year 2. The first year there were some great tools and eating plans, online eating plans and guides you could print out. I think it's a great system, but like anything else, the trick is sticking with it. The other years I wasn't ready, but found the tools informational. This year I started on my own, so this will be an enhancement. I highly recommend it. And Dr. Pamela Peeke, who is the medical advisor for the program, also wrote a great book, "Body for Life for Women, " that many of on the Ladies Who Lift thread on this site follow. That's ultimately how I found her BFL plan that is fueling my success now, actually, now that I think about it!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:26 AM   #4  
sfj

I have both the 1st BFL book and the womens. I loved the 1st. That book is so old and used now though!I bought it when it first came out in 1999 but before then you could read things about it in the EAS mag.
sfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 154/148.6/119

Height: 5'6"

What is it (Discovery challenge) and where do you find it? Link anyone?
AnAbsoluteDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

discoveryhealth.com

It's from the Discovery TV network, I think they also run TLC. Cable channels.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote