Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #1  
Recovering Shopaholic

S/C/G: See tickers for latest!

Height: 5'3"

Smile New to this lifestyle

Hello everyone!

My name is Kelly, and I just ordered Pratt's SuperFoods book! I am interested in reading and learning more. I am new to this lifestyle, but not dieting in general. I weighed 245 at my highest in 2001, and lost 108 pounds. Since then, I have maintained within 5 - 15 pounds of my lowest weight. Lately though, I've been around 150 which is BETTER than 245, but still not my healthiest weight. I really felt my best in the 130's, and I need to find a way to STAY there.

My weight management has been a little more difficult lately because I have a hernia and cannot workout (which I intend to get taken care of after the New Year, I promise!). Honestly, I have been putting off surgery due to other things going on in my life (single mom of 3, work issues, etc.) I do plan to get back on the treadmill, at least that is something I can do!

Anyway, looking forward to getting my book (tomorrow) and joining you, hopefully in a lifelong change. I've already made MANY changes to my lifestyle, but I know I could do better and I think this is just what I needed.

Kelly
HandbagAficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Hi Kelly.
I think you'll really enjoy the foods in this book. I first read about it in the Goal section:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601

I've tried to incorporate more and more superfoods into my eating habits. My kids really like most of what I've served so far. I've had a small setback the past few weeks due to numerous houseguests and eating out quite a bit, but I look forward to getting back to it tomorrow (after a visit to the store to stock up again!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Kelly,

Make sure you check out the maintainer's forums here as well. They are excellent for dealing with maintenance issues that we all go through.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163.5/142/120

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Kelly,

Congratulations on your weight loss! What an accomplishment. You must look like a totally different person.

I'm fairly new to the Superfoods lifestyle as well. I just got the book a few weeks ago and read it cover to cover in less than two days. I've always tried to incorporate some whole foods in my diet but I liked the book because it was different from just another diet book as it's got a lot of great scientific info about nutrition and I was very inspired to try and up my daily intake of superfoods for health and energy reasons. I actually bought a few copies and gave them as Christmas gifts.

I managed to maintain my weight through the holidays not gaining one pound but will try to slim down using the superfoods and exercise-something I've not been consistent with the past few years.

I found about the book through a thread I ran across. I hope she doesn't mind that I've attached it below. I love her story!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601

Charlene
charlenej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:43 PM   #5  
Recovering Shopaholic

S/C/G: See tickers for latest!

Height: 5'3"

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

I did read Glory's story - a few times! I believe her post is the first time I had heard of this book as well.

Charlene, I can relate a lot because I too have "always tried to incorporate some whole foods in my diet" but I think the book will help me add even more. Even if not 100%, it will be a definite improvement.

My book arrived yesterday and I started reading it. I will probably be posting many questions - lol!

Thanks again and happy new years!

Kelly
HandbagAficionado is offline   Reply With Quote