Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 03:12 AM   #1  

Talking Fibro Thread #35

Hi Gals

Leaves are starting to change in this neck of the woods too! So pretty...........Took some pics but it will be ahile before they are developed. I sent off my other pictures over a week ago and they have not arrived yet(go to Seattle) and I hope they are not lost...the ones of my boys for Christmas cards are on there!

The Fish is so so....but I don't know what else to do for him.

My good arm is hurting bad now and I have it wrapped too so I am handless. Typing with my toes! I see the orthopedist on Tuesday and I have to drive myself..that should be cute driving with my toes!

I like just about any kind of dog

Meme........I have seen Marilous's program and isn't she a veggan??????? She calls cows milk cow snot! Yewwwww!!!!!! She has so much energy she bounces off the wall! Hope you can do it and it will make you feel better..we all need something to make us feel better!

These will freeze tonight! Oh well...........
Old 10-07-2001, 07:36 AM   #2  

Default Good Morning

Happy Thanksgiving Anne. Sounds like you are having a nice weekend. Do you do turkey?Meme-that diet sounds like a bit of Susanne Somers-I believe in not mixing fruit with meals-We went to see my daughter's new boxer puppy-so cute-and then went to the Chinese restaurant where I used lots of points.But it was good food. Good news about my friend-there may be a correlation between her sleep apnea and the pulmonary hypertension and when she gets the apnea under control, things might be better. My sense is that it will-tests in Nov. Going back to Northampton today. I have been really tired ;lately but I would guess it's grieving.Hope you feel better soon Candice .Pain is lousy.I'm listening to Robert Schuller-I really like his sermons. Have great day everyone-we are cool but gorgeous. Ally-your sister smokes-that's why she doesn't have a weight problem. Been there-done that. Gained 15 lbs when I quit. Look at the whole pictur and congratulate yourself. Bye for now-Mima
Old 10-08-2001, 07:33 AM   #3  

Default Hi again

Just checking the posts on Monday am. I have some congestion -no wonder I have been so tired. Going for a walk and then to score tests. Have a good day everyone. Mima
Old 10-08-2001, 10:03 AM   #4  

Default Hey There

I have been so busy lately that I can't seem to find the time for the things I want to do. I am going out today to buy a carpet for my livingroom and a fridg. I am badly in need of the carpet. I can't clean this one another time. At least I won't.The fridg. I have has seen it's day of me trying to stuff wherever I can.
Mima- I hope you are feeling better.
Candice -Driving with your toes,HUH! I hope the Dr. can help you.
Happy- I stepped outside this A.M. and it felt a little cooler. Yesterday was very hot. I thought I was going to melt. Very humid all day. It is so nice to do things with your G/D. My G/D is in college. There are no young children in our family at the present time. I wish my son would get married and have one ,just so I can rock them.
I hurt so bad yesterday ,I spent the night on a hot pad in spite of the heat. My back feels a little better today. What's next!!No use complaining ,"That's Life."
Bye...Joanne
Old 10-08-2001, 01:19 PM   #5  

Oh Girls........I don't necessarily get smarter as I get older.
I didn't eat too much in that bar yesterday watching football, but I had several mugs of beer and today I feel horrible.
In the midst of it, President Bush came on and I am embarrassed to admit that I too wished he would hurry up and talk so we could get back to the football game.
Today, I feel guilty about that.
I also flirted with a co-worker going thru a divorce and hate that I even ventured in that direction cause I don't think it would be a good relationship.
Live and Learn........
Old 10-08-2001, 09:54 PM   #6  

Default Hi

Ally, a little flirting never hurt anyone. It is hard when you have to work with someone to carry it forward. Relationships and work always get in the way.

Meme - how are you doing?

Joanne - it has been the most wonderful weekend here. The weather was terrific, and the lake is so very beautiful. I took some pictures, and like an idiot thought the film was rewound, and I opened the camera and it wasn't. Hope some of the pics will turn out. Ashley played down at the lake for over 2 hours on Saturday, and about 1 hour today. We have a playground just outside out back gate, so she was busy with daddy and grandpa taking her there.

Mima - yes we usually have turkey, but there are only 5 of us, so this year I got a large roasting chicken and stuffed it. Have mashed potates, gravey, a mix. of yams, carrots, turnip, and tomatoes, buns and for dessert I made some raisin tarts and pumpkin tarts. Everyone is eating so differently with this bunch. My daughter is on ww, my son is on body for life (he is trying not to lose a pound, but is weightlifting and exercise). Thank goodness for my SIL. He is not fussy and a pleasure to cook for, just like my husband is. My little GD is still to small to care.

Hi Candice. Hope you had a good weekend. Did you say your OTHER arm was starting to hurt now? Why would that be?

Well, I am dead tired. Been going strong since Friday, and everyone just left a little while ago. I think a nice warm bath is in order. I am also getting a sore throat. Thought I could miss it, but everyone around me has been sick for a while, so I guess it is my turn. WE SHALL SEE!!!
Old 10-09-2001, 07:34 AM   #7  

Default Hello

I have a wicked cold-haven't had one in a while but when I eat rthings I'm allergic to it sets my body up for a virus I was told. Good dinner Happy-I only have to work 2 more days-testerday was kind of hard but I'm back in the groove. Slept really well last night. Going for a short walk before work which is downstairs in the hotel. Not bad. Be good everyone and if you can't be good-have fun. Mima
Old 10-09-2001, 08:04 PM   #8  

Default Hi

I believe I have Strepthroat. My throat feels like it is on fire and I have a fever, and feel generally blah! I sure don't think I need this right now.

Mima, I hope you are feeling better.

I don't have much to say today, as I can't seem to think straight - tomorrow may be better - let's hope so.

Have a good night.
Old 10-10-2001, 07:25 AM   #9  

Default hello

Happy-I hope you feel better!!!!fast!!!I am not too bad but very cngested. Today should be the last day!!I bwant to go into a coocoon and rest.Weather is good. Hi and bye everyone-gotta pack up. Mima
Old 10-10-2001, 07:08 PM   #10  

Hey guys, I had to log in again. Yesterday I just gave up.
Happy....hope you don't have strep. That is not fun.
And yeah, flirting is fun.....made me do a lot of thinking tho, and now the man and I are avoiding each other.
I am leaving for San Francisco at the crack of dawn Friday so I will be packing tomorrow nite and won't be talking with you for a week.
I will think about you...and I will promise not to eat like a pig and I will refrain from eating my sister-in-law's leftovers.
She is going to go crazy cause she reserved a nonsmoking room. Not my idea. I would rather have her smoke.
See you all next Friday.
Old 10-11-2001, 04:19 AM   #11  

Happy..oh no not strep throat...I get very sick with that and just about die..well ...I feel like it anyway! Get better soon!

Mima..you get better too!

Joanne... those heating pads can do wonders sometimes!

Ally...I can't stand beer..you actually like the taste? Have a safe trip back!

Where is Meme??????????

Here is a picture of me and my pumpkins...and I look fat like a pumpkin..why do the pictures have to make you bigger than you are??????? No wonder the stars and models starve themselves! I sure don't look like I am only 10 pounds away form too thin! The dress is too big too but I don't have any smaller ones! I just like big comfy stuff!
Old 10-11-2001, 07:37 AM   #12  

Default Hi

Happy- I hope your film was not ruined.. I hear that is really pretty up there now.
Candice - looking good. I don't think we can be too thin.. I keep trying..It is a little hard right now.. My stomach has decided to kick in. Probably too many advil . I was up most of the night. I can't sleep with pain. I'll just increase the Zantac for awhile.
Back to you all that I missed later.. Bye..Joanne
Old 10-11-2001, 07:49 AM   #13  

Default Hello

I don't know if I'm coming or going-they were asking for people to score early childhood but not sure if they will let me stay. We stayed over last night and went to a great restaurant.,Ally have fun!!Candyce-that was a great picture. Happy and joanne feel better. It's so beautiful here-the ride home should be nice. Where is Meme? Bye Mima
Old 10-11-2001, 12:01 PM   #14  

Default Hi

What in the world has happened to Meme? The birthday party must have done her in! Meme, come out, come out, where ever you are

I feel the pits. My throat is on fire again today. It settled down a bit yesterday, but is back full force again. I guess I will have to break down and go to the Dr. My ears are even hurting. That is probably just because the glands are swollen. Anyway, I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Ally - have a wonderful holiday and enjoy San Francisco. It is a beautiful city. Go to Fisherman's wharf and eat seafood. That will be good for you.

Everybody have a great day.
Old 10-11-2001, 04:43 PM   #15  

Never Forget September 11, 2001

http://www.rock103.com/america/america.swf

This is so beautifully done. Hope you enjoy it.
Closed Thread