Old 12-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default New Chat: December 23, 24 and 25th

Since it has been soo slow--lets make a weekend thread and combine a little!!
Nothing to report...Had a scare on Thursday, when the hospital called and said my mammogram had to be repeated because the radiologist was worried...It was the scariest 2 hours I ever spent..DH came and I think I cried and was upset the entire time.They took 20 pics--I waited 30 minutes, they came out and said the MD wanted different views--took more pics and then waited and came out and took more pics..I have never been so smashed in my life--Thank goodness for B's(Sorry RX for the graphics )
Everything was ok--seems that over the past almost 6 yrs, I have been pg 4 times, breast feeding etc and each mammagram had more "fatty tissue" and it was a drastic change with this one that they wanted to be sure... OK GIRLS-GET A MAMMAGRAM!!!

I think the shopping is done!!
Ok--off to make OREO truffles(Not diet ones )
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:30 AM   #2  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

RR, glad everything came out with the mammogram! did you see the movie (Lifetime, of course) Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy? So good! Sarah Chalke was awesome in it! I'm used to seeing her on Rosanne and Scrubs so this was really different for her. It was a great movie though. Really scary. I think I'm gonna ask for one when I get my next lube, oil, and filter. I have cancer running rampant in my family. My sister had pre-cancerous cells in her cervix and had to have 2 cone biopsies, my other sister had pre-cancerous cells (not sure where), brother just had a stem cell transplant for lymphoma and I've had abmormal cells in my cervix. My gma had cancer, my mom had a melamoma on her face removed, and my mom's brother just died of cancer. Wow! Typing it all out really puts it in a whole new light! Definately gonna have to keep up on that!

So now that I've been a downer for the day...lol I'm actually feeling better today. Yesterday sucked!! The man was horrible!! He got a hold of a bottle of brown nail polish (from a very high shelf) and had it all over his hands and jammies. That was the big thing for the day, there were little things (a lot of little things). It's like he knows there's something in the air, ya know. I'm hoping for better after the holidays when things settle down.

Eating has been bad. I had a huge gain this week and I'm trying to be good...

Good idea RR for combining the days. I don't expect too much traffic this weekend. OK I'm off...make it a great day!!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Yikes to both of you!!

I have been writting down what I eat, and except for yesterday I have stayed under my points. My official weigh in day is on Sunday, but just for Sh_ts & Giggles I stepped on the scale on Thursday, and lost 4.4 pounds. I haven't even needed to go close to the amount of calories (1600+).

I think the hardest part is going to be when we are having Christmas with family. I have 3 of them. Me & my parents, my mom's side, and my dads side.

Have a merry christmas or happy hanukkah everyone.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Great idea RR, combining for the weekend! We should probably just combine weekends anyway, since there's not a lot of action here.
Glad the mammography was OK. I have not had one yet, but probably should. My dad's mom had breast cancer & mastectomy. There have been various little cancers in the family also. Great aunt died of ovarian cancer (I think), dad's 1/2 sister just died of a few cancers. Gran has cancer now...pancreatic, I think?

Anyway, try to stay positive!

Lisa, CONGRATS on the "pending" loss!! What a great Christmas present!

Molly, I caught the boys in my mom's bathroom this week, Peter had pumped some cream all over some video tapes outside the bathroom door, and Robby was in the bathroom, entire roll of TP unwound and in the toilet!! And he was playing with it, taking it out, throwing it on the floor! I was shocked, but it was hilarious!! (Thank God mom's cleaning people were here last weekend and had just scrubbed everything!) Of course the first thing I did was call mom and verify that she flushed that AM!!

I'm sure I'll be checking in again over the weekend, but MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:38 PM   #5  
For Real This Time!

Lauren, I know what you mean. It's funny now but yesterday I lost it and was bawling like a baby. He'd be a $hit all day then did that...another friend suggested taking a pic for posterity (sp?) when he's older. I wish I'd thought of that or read it before I cleaned him up. He had it down the front of his jammies and it seaped through and his tummy and diaper were all brown! LOL

Lisa, great job on the loss! I'm just hoping to maintain over the next week or so.

to everyone else!

Merry Christmas all!
Old 12-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #6  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Happy Festivius for all of us

Been busy busy and eating too much...i'll be glad when it's all over and done with so i can get back to business of working out and eating better. I can look forward to hubby coming home...

they were supposed to tell him this week when he's coming home. They told him he'd have to wait til after Jan 1 to find out. Thanks for bringin up my hopes and throwin them down the hill.

He gets a white christmas....i get screwey weather...how does this make sense? I got a tree the other day but i'm having a real hard time getting it into the tree stand. I need a new one and CAN'T FIND ONE. apparently they've all gone into a 4th dimension

I'm still tryin to get into the holiday spirit. I've got lights up outside and i need to decorate my tree. Mom n dad sent me a Cowboy's Santa hat to wear...and i have been, but I'm still havin problems staying in the happy happy spirit. I won't be home alone (well i'm off at a crab feed today and watching my game tomorrow and having dinner with a friend tomorrow night) but it still won't be the same. Anywhoooooooooooo I'll watch a few holiday shows and call it good

Hugs and holiday happies to all of you!!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:49 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #8  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Merry Christmas!! my phone line is still down!!!!!!!!!
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:32 PM   #9  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Just a quick stop in to say

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hope everyone has/had a great day.

*passes around Christmas huggles to everyone*

:Lawrence

--
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:22 PM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

I hope everyone had a lovely day! Alex was so cute with the whole Santa thing. With Hannukah AND Christmas it's going to take him awhile to settle down.

I have been super uber bad eating wise. All that stops as of tomorrow. Get your behind in gear girl!!!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:33 PM   #11  
For Real This Time!

I'm a little late posting today...better late than never right?? Merry Christmas everyone!!

Ricky had a rough day. He's not sure about all this mess. LOL We kept shoving presents at him and he was like "what the heck is going on???" Poor guy.

Christie, everyone LOVED their plaques!! They all looked awesome! Thanks again!

I have eaten for crap too Karen! I'm also back on the wagon tomorrow. Anyone got a hand to lend to boost my big ole butt back up??

Last edited by mamabear272; 12-26-2006 at 08:07 AM.