Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 07:55 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Dec 18/06

Everyone must be busy--can't believe I'm starting the thread on Tuesday. Well, after today, two more work days and I'm off for a week. I really need it, folks.

My back is doing much better. I'm going to the chiropractor today for one last treatment. Now I'm afraid to do much because of fear of hurting my back again. On Saturday I cleaned my house (usually a 1-hour thing) and it took me 3 hours!! I was moving very slowly.

Had some friends over for dinner last night. It was a nice evening. I bought one of those fire bowls for the back porch and it was great to sit outside by the fire. It's been in the 60's at night, but during the day it's HOT We've been having records temps--80's. So much for a cool Yule!

I think I told you about an open house I'm hosting on Wednesday. Well, first it was just about 6 people--now's it more like 25 people. I hope I have enough food. I'm starting to stress about that.

How is everyone else?
Old 12-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!! Lisa, thanks for getting the thread up and running. I'm glad to hear that your back is getting better. We've been having unusually warm temps here as well--we may have a white Christmas but that's not a sure thing this year. It's been hard to get ready for the holiday with the warmer temps and no snow.

I'm not feeling that great this morning--my stomach is a little off and my head feels a little full, I'm hoping I'm not coming down with a sinus infection. The warm temps & people running around sick don't help!

We have our tree but it's not up yet, I think we'll get that done on Thursday. I'm planning on doing my nutrolls on Wednesday so that I can bring one in for my boss. I'm getting there with my shopping, I was able to purchase Band of Brothers for DH for Christmas--he didn't have the set and I know he'd like it, especially since his dad is featured in one of the interviews. I still have some gifts to purchase and I need to get my GF's package out in the mail--I am SO behind!

So how's everyone else???
Old 12-20-2006, 07:46 AM   #3  

Hi guys. I tried to post from home earlier this week but didn't have the password with me.

I think I am ready. I leave for home on Friday afternoon. My sister got Boxing Day off so we'll be travelling together. I am working half days for the rest of the week. Today, I'm picking up my friend's kids at 3 pm and taking them to my place to make cookies for Santa.

Glad to hear your back is better Lisa. Anytime that I've had a back problem, it improved much more quickly when I tried to maintain my regular schedule (with some exceptions). The act of moving just seems to help me recover faster.

We have no snow here Melissa, and there's none in the long range forecast. Looks like a green Christmas for sure.

Don't know if I'll get the chance to post here again before I leave, so want to wish everyone a very merry christmas and all the best in 2007.

Have a great holiday.

Susan
Old 12-20-2006, 11:23 AM   #4  

Susan: I have this afternoon off and I'm heading to Best Buy to pick up a transmitter for DS #2's Ipod. I'm also hoping to make a couple of other stops. There's no snow forecasted for the upcoming week so it looks like it's going to be a "green" Christmas for us! I wouldn't mind a dusting of snow but hey, I guess we better be careful what we wish for. I certainly don't want to have to worry about driving in a bunch of snow!

I finally got my GF's package out today--hopefully she'll have it on Saturday since I sent it Priority. We'll see. I did make a batch of cookie dough last night and my plan for tonight is to make my nutrolls and maybe even get the cookies done. I need to figure out what other ones I really want to bake.

It's sunny and cold (36) here. I'm heading to my meeting at noon to get a feel as to where I'm at. It's so hard to tell, when I feel "good" that's when my weight is up; when I feel "frumpy" my weight is down. TOM is due on Saturday so add that into the mix and it's really a 50/50 shot!

My friend and I went walking yesterday at noon and it was pretty cold and the wind was blowing--we opted to walk our normal walk and we both were laughing as we got to the top of the one hill that we were out of breath and felt like we were gasping for air--the cold really gave our lungs a workout! Once we turned away from the bluff area the wind died down and we were able to carry on a "normal" conversation.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:29 PM   #5  

Hi ladies,

It looks like a green Christmas here in New England also but I'm not complaining I have been running around like crazy this week. Hopefully I'll finish up my Christmas shopping tonight and spend Saturday gift wrapping.

Lisa glad to hear your back is better. We have one of those fire bowls on our deck. Lauren and her friends love to roast marshmellows over it. Good luck with your open house tonight, that should be a lot of fun! Enjoy your week off from work!

Melissa hope your stomach is feeling better today. I have caught a real doozy of a cold but I think it's finally starting to go away. Good luck with your Christmas shopping this afternoon!

Susan Enjoy your baking this afternoon, thats very nice of you to do that with your friends kids...I bet they really enjoy it. Have fun visiting your family.

Hi to lala, haven't heard from you in awhile, I hope all is well.

Well ladies I'm not sure if I will be back this week. I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:08 AM   #6  

Hello everyone.

The open house was a success--had a great time. I now have enough wine (hostess gifts) to last me a year! I think DH likes the firebowl, but he's afraid to admit it. ; )

Melissa, I wish I were there to not only help you make nut rolls, but to eat them. : ) I love 'em. Sorry about no White Christmas. I think folks in Colorado will have one--did you see the reports about that blizzard? Good luck at WI. Let us know how you're doing.

Susan, not sure you'll see this, but enjoy Christmas and Boxing Day.

Pam, Gosh, there are lots of those colds going around. There's one going around Florida that lasts for weeks!

Tonight is caroling and that should be fun. Someone called the newspaper, so we'll probably have our photo in the paper. That's how rare caroling is anymore, I guess.

Hello and Merry Christmas to lala, Austingal, Liz, and anyone else.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:41 AM   #7  

Good morning!

Pam: It's definitely going to be a "green" Christmas here. The temps continue to stay warm. My stomach is feeling better. Lately I've been getting a little nausea just before I start my TOM--don't know what that's about but it seems to be a pattern the past few months. The cramps also start a couple days prior. My body is weird. I'll be wrapping Saturday as well--I just have a couple of things I need to pick up but the bulk is done.

Lisa: That's great that the open house went well! I caught the national news last night and Denver is a mess! What a tangle for air travel. I made 10 nut rolls and 2 poppyseed rolls last night and came away with no burns! Usually I catch myself on the oven at some point or other when I'm baking them. I have to admit that I sampled one of the rolls (it had split) to make sure that they were okay

I got a lot accomplished yesterday afternoon so it was very productive. The university is closed beginning tomorrow and we don't come back until the 28th (Thursday). I had a good WI yesterday--was down 1.4#; I can't figure it out, the week I figure I should be up I'm down...not complaining here just perplexed. I need to keep myself busy with being off so that I don't eat too much and post a gain next week.

More later on...
Old 12-21-2006, 10:25 AM   #8  

Hi ladies,

I'm at work but don't think I'll be here too long, this cold of mine seems to have taken a turn for the worse. What an awful time to be sick, I have so much to do and have 10 people coming to my house for Christmas dinner....YIKES.
My son moved back home yesterday temporarily. He starts his job in Boston in January and will be moving there towards the end of next month. He's very excited.
There are so many platters of cookies in the office today I'm almost happy I have no appetite due to the cold...otherwise it would be deadly.

Melissa congrats on the nice weigh in. I've also been experiencing some strange TOM symptoms but the best one is that when it comes it only lasts 2 days. I bet your nutrolls and poppyseed bread are delicious. I plan on making your shrimp dip recipe again on Christmas Eve. You posted that recipe a few years ago and I have been making it ever since. It's always a hit!

Lisa glad your open house was a success. Yeah on the wine...you can never have too much. Enjoy your caroling tonight. When I was Lauren's girl scout troop leader we use to bring the girls out caroling in my neighborhood. Everybody really enjoyed it.

Well ladies I should try and get something accomplished here today so I better sign off.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #9  

Melissa, hooray for you with the weight loss. Also, yum on the poppyseed rolls--I've always liked those.

Pam, bummer about the cold. You're right--terrible time to have one.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:20 AM   #10  

Hi all. Just popping in to wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I look forward to tackling the "Final 10" with you in 2007.

Enjoy.

Susan
Old 12-22-2006, 01:59 PM   #11  

Hi ladies,

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!
Closed Thread