Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2001, 10:55 AM   #1  

Question

I believe it was a year or so ago, there was a recipe that was very easy and good.

It had black beans, salsa, and rice. I don't remember the amounts or what else was in it.

I have tried looking back through the old WW recipes; but, I haven't found it yet. I was hoping to make it for the weekend.

Can anyone help me?
Old 05-25-2001, 05:50 PM   #2  

Default Black Bean Salad

I make a Rice, Black Bean and Feta Salad, you could adapt it and use the salsa for the dressing.

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 c. chopped tomatoes
1 1/2 c. cooked rice
1 pkg (4 oz) feta cheese
1/2 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. chopped green onions
2 tabl. choppedCilantro or parsley
1/2 c. Italian dressing

I didn't have any fresh tomatoes this week so I used frozen corn thawed. That would go well with salsa. Use the salsa for the dressing instead of the Italian. Take or leave out the feta.

Hope this helps. It is very good.
Old 05-28-2001, 11:18 AM   #3  

I remember seeing the recipe that you mean but I couldn't find it either. However, I made it several times and here's what I remember:
1 15 oz. can of black beans
1 jar of salsa

mix the salsa and black beans, heat, and then serve over rice. I use either hot or medium salsa and brown rice but this is up to you.

Hope this helps.
Closed Thread