Old 05-01-2005, 04:58 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Great Appetizer/entree for parties, etc.

This is delicious, it looks great, is simple and quick to make, and is actually quite filling.

(makes 12 servings)

-twelve slices of white bread, crusts removed.
-a tin of tomato cubes (you can also just chop up fresh tomatoes, but I find it tastes better with this)
-margerine/low fat butter
-three large eggs.
-what are they called? those muffin paper thingies? yeah, well those...

liberally spread your margerine or butter on both sides of the bread, and put the bread into the "muffin paper cup things". Push the sides in, to create like a mini bowl in a star shape (hard to imagine, I may post photos next time I make them).
Put them on a baking tray and pop them in the pre-heated oven. the temperature doesn't really matter, it depends on how long you want them to take. Leave them in until they are light gold and somewhat crispy.

While they are in the oven, make scrambled eggs (in the butter or margerine, i feel oil spoils the taste for this recipe). Once your eggs are cooked, add the tomato. You can add it all or half, depending on how tomatoey you want it to taste. I always just add it until I have an even amount of tomato and egg (sorry, never measured).

When the bread cups are ready, put about a tablespoon of the scrabled egg mixture in the middle of each one. it looks really pretty and tastes delicious.

It's almost like a posh version of scrambled egg on toast You can also play around with it, filling the cups with other things.

If you are serving them as an entree, 2 apiece is enough, but makes a plate look rather unbalanced and empty. I usually serve 3 apiece. (I make them using quite small bread slices, though. aprox 10 x 10 cm.

Sorry for my very unspecific and not very well written instructions...
hoofbeats is offline   Reply With Quote