Pink Lemonade

• Anyone have any recipes for pink lemonade? I've tried cranberry and lemon, strawberry and lemon, and pink grapefruit and lemon. None of them tasted like the Country Time pink lemonade. Should I try cherry and lemon(ade) juice next?
  • Maybe raspberry and lemon?

Countrytime is.. well, artificial, though, so I don't think you can really get close enough to it with real juices to have it taste all that close to the stuff. Good luck, though.
  • I'm pretty sure the fake "pink lemonade" is made from lemons and food coloring. But I just found two recipes online that use grenadine... and if you wanted to make it a little more natural (and possibly healthier), grenadine is made from pomegranate juice, so that's another one to try.

Although I have to say, cherry lemonade sounds awesome, even if it tastes nothing like traditional pink lemonade.

Edit: oh, oops, here's one of the recipes I was talking about: http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncookin...-lemonade.html
  • I buy pomegranate juice and pomegranate cranberry juice fairly often. I use the light when I can find it, or I mix in a small amount of the real juice into sugar free lemonade or diet mountain dew or diet sprite.

I can't really say whether the pom juice and lemonade tastes like Country Time, as I haven't had CT in a very long time so I don't remember what it tastes like. I buy the Walmart version of pink lemonade and it is quite good, and only about half the price of Country Time (but just as artificial).
    When I add the pom juice to lemonade, I add enough to really taste the pom juice, so I think to make it taste more like pink lemonade (if its possible) you'd need to add a lot less.

I also make "lemon shake ups" like you can get at the fair, I squeeze a lemon or two into a glass (cutting the lemons in halves or quarters) adding splenda to taste and ice and water. Shake and their you go. Very yummy.

Doesn't answer your question of course, but that's never stopped me before.

Since most "brand" name items work very hard to make their product difficult to duplicate, I think you'll probably never find anyway to duplicate the flavor exactly, but Good Luck.
  • I like to add Pomegranate juice to my home made lemonade gives it a little bit of a twist
  • Crystal Light has pink lemonade and regular. No calories, just HFCS, and fake sugar. But you gotta do what you gotta due to break up the water.

I like it cause they have little ones to take on the go and big ones for a pitcher in the fridge. I also enough Crystal light and vodka for a low calorie mixed drink.

Oh I almost forgot. I was Craving lemonade today so I found Dasani water with lemon in it and surprising it tasted like lemonade. Zero calories because it was water. I got it at the Gas Station, so it was convenient too.
  • wow- crystal light and vodka, that's brilliant! I'm going to have to try that sometime...
  • I have no suggestions about Pink Lemonade other than what has already been said...

but I just wanted to add that Cherry Limeade is DELICIOUS!

Also, one of my all time favorite is Red Robin's Freckled Lemonade (strawberries in lemonade). Here is a recipe for it (although I haven't tried it yet to see if it's "authentic"):

Red Robin Freckled Lemonade

1/3 Cup frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
    1 Cup lemonade
    Crushed ice

Garnish
    Lemon wedge

Fill a 16 ounce glass with ice. Spoon strawberries with syrup over the top of the ice.Fiill the glass with lemonade.Add a lemon wedge and serve with a straw.

Freckled Lemonade by the Pitcher
    Adding sliced fresh stawberries and/or a few slices of lemon to the pitcher is a nice touch.

2 Quarts Minute Maid Lemonade
    2 Cups frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
    Crushed ice
    1 Cup sliced fresh strawberries (optional)
    Lemon Slices (optional)
    To make by the pitcher (2 quarts): Add thawed strawberries and syrup into
    pitcher. Add crushed and sliced fresh strawberries, if using, to pitcher.
    Add crushed ice and gently stir in lemonade.

For the lemonade part, I'm sure you can just make your own and sub in your own sweeteners to make it a bit healthier
  • They all sound good.