Old 11-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #1  

Default Edamame (Soy Beans)

Hi - Have you tried Edamame yet? My husband introduced me to them a few weeks ago at a sushi place. Since then we have found them at Costco and at Kroger and HEB. they are usually in the frozen veggie section. All you do is mircowave them for about 3 minutes, and sprinkle with sea salt. To eat them you pull or pop the beans into your mouth and discard the shells. They are really yummy and a super food.

My question is has anyone been able to find them fresh? I have only found them frozen and I asked at the sushi place and they said theirs are frozen as well.
OneXSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #2  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hmmm I've always wanted to try them
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Do you have any Asian markets nearby? I have seen them fresh a couple of times at Ranch 99.

I love 'em. However, when I first heard that soy was not good for us, I cut them out. Now they are rethinking that finding.

Since I can't eat nuts, it is a good substitute for me.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:24 AM   #4  
Smartypants

Well I eat mine a little different.... I defrost shelled frozen edamane and drain any excess water, then pat them with paper towels. Then I sprinkle in dried mustard, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and a tad of sea salt, and toss. Then on a baking sheet sprayed with Olive oil, I spread them all out in a single layer, and bake them at around 400 til they are lightly browned and crisp on the outside. Let em cool, then separate into lunch baggies and voila! A snack on the run! I take them everywhere...so so yummy!
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote