Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 02-24-2018, 05:47 PM   #1  

Default This time

Hi anyone interested in teaming up with an 'oldie' with osteoarthritis in both knees needing to lose weight for a number of reasons?
Ann Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/156/126

Height: 5' 2"

Hi - I'm also an oldie with osteoarthritis in my knees. I blew my meniscus and was bone on bone. I had total knee replacement surgery 2-1/2 weeks ago and am in a ton of pain. I'm working really hard in physical therapy doing exercises 3 times a day, icing and elevating to get better. It's a long road. I'm 20 lbs. over a normal BMI and would like to lose 30 lbs. As you know it's not good for our knees to be overweight. I want my new knee replacement to last the rest of my life. I'm doing Slim Fast twice a day, snacks in between and a sensible dinner. I'm only 5' 2" and weight 156, which is the most I've ever weighed in my life. Let's lose it together.
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:19 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
Hi - I'm also an oldie with osteoarthritis in my knees. I blew my meniscus and was bone on bone. I had total knee replacement surgery 2-1/2 weeks ago and am in a ton of pain. I'm working really hard in physical therapy doing exercises 3 times a day, icing and elevating to get better. It's a long road. I'm 20 lbs. over a normal BMI and would like to lose 30 lbs. As you know it's not good for our knees to be overweight. I want my new knee replacement to last the rest of my life. I'm doing Slim Fast twice a day, snacks in between and a sensible dinner. I'm only 5' 2" and weight 156, which is the most I've ever weighed in my life. Let's lose it together.
Hi Theresa Lovely to get your contact. I am having a bit of trouble navigating the site and am a bit slow but working on it.Sorry about your pain,and know that we will do what we can to ease it.I am on fairly heavy medication and need to take responsibility to help myself by loosing weight.I feel the best way for me would be to have a buddy to support me on a regular basis. Having been on a number of weight loss programs over many years I believe my best shot is to count calories and to account to a non-judgemental person often. I would love to work with you if u are interested
Ann Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #4  

Have you tried swimming? Easier on the knees...
AnnaP427 is offline   Reply With Quote