3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Announcements and Forum Help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help-40/)
-   -   One Problem (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/164876-one-problem.html)

Amber1011 02-19-2009 08:28 AM

One Problem

I joined the forum yesterday, and I have been navigating the site and I love it so far. The problem is is that without being able to have a signature I feel like less of a member! I don't like that about this place. Its like I'm being told that since I'm new I'm not as good as everyone else. I want to be able to put my goals in my signature like everyone else, and I'm not happy that I can't.
I understand the spamming problems, but 20 days is way too long. I think this should really be addressed because I know its keeping at least me from feeling like I fit in here.

zinkemomx2 02-19-2009 08:55 AM

Welcome to 3FC!

Keep posting and reading. Those 20 days will be over before you know it.

Feel free to come join us over at the Vegetarian Chicks forum.

looloo86 02-19-2009 08:58 AM

well i didnt navigate this site for the first 20 days because i had the same problem as yours but beleive me they will pass and it should'nt stop you from joining and posting your replies.Welcome to 3fcs and hope you reach your goal weight here.

Thighs Be Gone 02-19-2009 08:59 AM

Nope, it didn't stop me either. Jump in, the water is fine. :)

anastasia 02-19-2009 09:00 AM

didn't stop me from hanging around! 20 days passes so quickly

aangel22 02-19-2009 09:57 AM

Everyone has been there at the beginning. I was so excited to finally be able to get a signature. Don't worry, it will go fast. Time has a tendency to do that. ;)

corazonas 02-19-2009 09:58 AM

don't worry amber! i can't believe i've already been here 20 days... today is the first day i can USE my sig and i can't wake my ticker WORK! stupid 'invalid file' you'll probably have a ticker before me!! :lol:

mandalinn82 02-19-2009 11:38 AM

Why not try to see it as a badge of honor that is earned, rather than something excluding you? We get SO many new members, some spammers but some just people who aren't ready to make the commitment to weight loss. They come and go.

Those who get TICKERS, though, are the ones in it for the long haul. And you'll be one of them in no time!

katiecron 02-19-2009 11:41 AM

oh yeah, totally sucky! i also refrained from the site for the first couple of weeks for such a reason

Cie 02-19-2009 01:42 PM

Not only is the site free you get access to moderators willing to spend time to help others. I am grateful for the help that helped me reach goal. Most forums have such requirements and some won't even let one do a ticker or severely limit the size of one. I was extremely happy to wait the days (less than a month) to get a ticker. Keep the requirement! :spammer:

Also how may others have such a neat (again free!) journal option.
:cool:

Ruthxxx 02-19-2009 03:05 PM

Well, there are some of us who just turn off the view ticker option. A few years ago we didn't even have a tickers.

moonkissed 02-19-2009 03:15 PM

Like others said 20 days go by really fast. While waiting for anything always sucks lol, after the 20 days it can feel like a nice reward for sticking to it :)

Also I just have to say that I LOVE being able to have a nice siggie here at all. Far too many forums are so restrictive and I loath it. Sigs let people express a small bit of themselves. So it is great that they let you have a sig here at all.

thistimejag 02-19-2009 07:42 PM

I haven't been here 20 days either...........but look at it like you are pledging a sorority..........you can't wear your letters till you earn them same thing.....plus it gives you 20 days to lose weight so you have a chance to have something significant to put on that ticker!

CountingDown 02-19-2009 08:04 PM

Blame the spammers - the rules were changed for a good reason.
You can still update your profile with your progress until your 20 days have passed.

Honestly, I look more at people's profiles than I do their tickers anyway!

That being said - I will be on the lookout for yours soon ;)

Amber1011 03-11-2009 01:21 PM

I got it today :D ... it was an excruciating wait though lol