Holiday challenge (9weeks)

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Hi Spideranne! So glad you found us. Yes there are many boards here and its tough to find a place to fit in, ESPECIALLY if you are an alternachick! So this is the place for all of the misfits hahahahaa!

Hi Virginia... I remember you! I just reappeared here after a very long absense myself. Ellis is hanging out in the "Chicks in Control" thread. I had to pop over and say hello to the sweetie myself. Welcome back and please check back often. Alternachicks is pretty quiet these days!
  • Welcome Spideranne!

Hello again Wantolosealot!

I'm still around, die hard that I am. ellis is taking a break from acting as a moderator but is still hanging out on the boards, mostly in Chicks in Control. Ruthxxx is a South Beach Babe in the Chicks on the Beach forum and Squeaker is still here but is busy packing to move to California.
  • Ok folks we are half way through another week and need to gear up for the weekend. Lets stay on target with both food and exercise and any other health goals we have so we can report in Monday with success stories!
  • Yep! Doing okay this week and I will be researching some places to eat in near where I am staying in Anaheim to plan for next week.
  • Ok. Checking in. I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 2.5lbs. Yipee! I had a good week. Got in 4 days of exercise, 3 were just walking the dog, but better then nothing. Diet went well this week. I pretty much stuck to the plan except for one bag of chips leftover from a party. I have a hard time throwing food away so I tend to eat it to get it out of the house. I had a bunch on Tue. but then left the bag open so they'd get stale and I'd have to throw them away. Only good stuff made it into the grocery cart this week.

I'm going to focus on exercise this week. While walking the dog is nice, she can only last for about 20-30 minutes. We have a park about 1/2 mile away with a walking trail. I'm going to check that out this week.

So how is everyone else doing?
  • Nice job Spideranne! I was pleasantly surprised at the scale this morning... down 2.5 pounds! I started this challenge at 174 and am now at 170... 4 pounds towards my goal of 9 pounds. I have also exercised 480 minutes of my goal 1,830 mins. All that exercising is paying off I guess. Gosh I am so close to breaking into the 160s. So happy!

• Way to go spideranne and sojo!

I lost 1 lb this past week!
    My challenge this week is to stay on track while on vacation.
  • Down a half pound this morning... which is good news considering I am pms and I lost a lot last week. The really great news is that this puts me down into the 160's!

• Way to go Sojo. I also lost .5lb. Which I'll take considering I had a bit of a brownie binge on Sat.
  • Congrats Spider & Sojo!
  • Well I weighed myself yesterday and only gained two lbs on my trip which I think is due mainly to being stuck eating McDonalds at the airport and some salty snacks on the plane.

I will probably be back down in the next day or two once I get back to my normal eating routine.

This evening I made our first home cooked meal since last Monday - It was wonderful! Grilled steak with mini redskin potatoes and steamed asparagus! I was getting sick of eating in restaurants.
  • Well I've lost that 2lbs I picked up over my vacation - there are some souvenirs that you just don't want to keep!

How is everyone else doing?
  • Well, I'm down another pound for the week. Not sure exactly how that happened. My exercise is way down for the week and I gave myself the OK to enjoy Thanksgiving. I was just hoping I hadn't gained when I got on the scale. So I was soooo happy to see one less pound.

Loosing this week has really sparked the motivation. I have a week's worth of healthy meals planned and there is no reason I can't exercise every day. I have 9 lbs to go on this challange, which is a stretch goal, but for some reason I want it now more then when I set it.

Here is to a great week for everyone!!
  • Hi all - great to hear so many of you are doing so well! Congrats!

I weighed myself this morning and am maintaining at 185. Not what I hoped for but after the holiday to be the same weight is at least not a bad thing.

The only thing I can do at this point is exercise more - (I am going to have to break down and start doing house work - icky LOL) Since it does burn calories.

And that means less time on my forums - also icky - I love my total stranger friends and being able to type what I want to say so I can proof read for spelling and content. Talking live sucks.

keep it up y'all!! Breathe Hard and Sweat everyday.
  • Ten days.... ten whole days with my family who eats fried, processed, refined flour, cheesy, carbo-loaded, high-fat food every single meal. I dealt with pizza, lasagna, fried chicken, french fries, tacos, ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, wine bottles, and multiple restaurants. I even had to face two Thanksgiving meals in one day and the leftovers to follow. What a challenging, frustrating week its been! But get this...

I lost two pounds since Monday!! I am down to 167.5 as of this morning.

I just cannot believe it. I am positively, absolutely, astonished. At most I had hoped to maintain or only gain one pound. I really did not pig out all week and tried to stay on my weight watchers program even with a lot of the garbage food, although I definitely went over on a number of days. Got a little bit of exercising in with short walks. I am just so relieved to be done with this extra long holiday, even though very sad to say goodbye to my sister and her family.

So chickies, its time to regroup and attack the next five weeks full force! The New Year is not far away and we are all going to be thinner and healthier when that clock strikes midnight!