Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 08:59 PM   #31  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Congrats Mauvis! Very cool.

Welcome back Flower!

aj - Good luck with the colt! & the weather

I am doing ok here. A bit out of sorts at work, trying to figure out all the new terms/etc. Also I am working on a college campus, so I am trying to figure out where everything is! But so far, so good.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:31 PM   #32  
Pending Email Confirmation

Spideranne - I'm in Eugene, Or. It's as cold here as it's probably going to get - and it's in the 30's. It snowed a few days ago, but just flakes and then it was melted by mid morning the next day. And it was only about 1/4 of an inch.
I think that it's not THAT cold, for THAT long ... but it does rain a lot. They don't call us Ducks for nothing.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:26 AM   #33  
a brave new me...

aj... I LOVE the new BSG... although we are just getting into it this year. Love scifi in general. Still watch Farscape reruns every week...
Old 11-30-2006, 10:36 AM   #34  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

SpiderAnne - I was at Gencon Socal, where you there too?

Squeaker - good to hear that things are okay so far, I'm sure you be settle in a few weeks and will know the place like the back of your hand.

Aj- you are so lucky to have a horse, it should be fun to watch him frolick in the snow.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:42 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

Ok...It is COLD here today. It was 80 degrees yesterday and now it is only 30 and snow/sleeting. That's a 50 degree drop in less then 24 hours. For the most part everyone is freaking out about the roads and most stuff is closed or will close early. It's only suppose to last the day, tomorrow back to the 50's or 60's.

Lizzi - Thanks for the info on Eugene. As you can tell, I don't like the cold. Surprisingly I don't mind the rain, find it kind of relaxing.

Mauv - No, we didn't make it to Gencon Socal, we do exhibit at Gencon Indy every year though. My hubby and I are partners in a fantasy miniatures company, Magnificent Egos. It's a side business for us and I don't often run into other people who get the gamer culture. Was there a big turnout for Socal?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #36  

Cool! I have worked at the Gencon Conventions for about 8 years as a senior volunteer (in Milwaukee and in Indy).

I've probably seen you at Indy - and you've probably met my hubby as he works in the exhibit hall as OPS and security. Small world!!!!

I'm usually up front at badge registration but do go to the exhibit hall on my time off to shop, do demos and visit with some friends. I'm more of a table top gamer and like beer and pretzel type games like Lunch Money, Killer Bunnies, and the products of Z-Man Games and Cheap *** Games. I'm not into the collectible card games as much.

Socal was a lot of fun and there were a lot of people there. It's not as big a show as Indy but it is a good show and I enjoyed being there.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:15 PM   #37  

Woke up to snow this morning!

When I got to work everyone was in the yuletide spirit so we set up the office tree and cranked up the carols while decorating it. The bosses must have thought we were drinking too with the amount of giggling and laughing that was going on! (We were just drinking plain old coffee though )

The weather is suppose to get worse throughout the day with a mix of snow, freezing rain and high winds - Winter is here with a vengeance!

My plan for this evening is to make a quick veggie/pasta dinner then hunker down with a blanket and some hot chocolate and watch movies with my hubby and the cat - Bliss!
Old 12-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #38  
a brave new me...

Yup was snowing here today too... puppy went nuts in the snow and practically dragged me around during his morning walk. Stinker... for an 18 pound dog he sure can be a handful sometimes!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #39  

Closing this thread to start the December chat thread.
Closed Thread