Is anyone else bored with their current relationship? - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #16  
Senior Member
 
kaplods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wausau, WI
Posts: 13,383

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

There may not be alot of replies to tell you so, but you are FAR from the only one totally bored in their relationship (even of those that started with a searing hot passion). Look how many marriage/relationship books there are out there about trying to put excitement back into a marriage - it's something almost every marriage faces.

My best friend (gay in a long term committed relationship) and I always joke that people against homosexual sex should vote for same-sex marriage," because when you start living with someone, and have large bills together, and start doing all of the every-day building a life things together, you fall into a routine that drains all of the excitement, creativity, and desire right out of you.
kaplods is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #17  
LLV
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 3,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
My best friend (gay in a long term committed relationship) and I always joke that people against homosexual sex should vote for same-sex marriage," because when you start living with someone, and have large bills together, and start doing all of the every-day building a life things together, you fall into a routine that drains all of the excitement, creativity, and desire right out of you.
lol, that's for sure. A best friend of mine, also gay, said something similar to that. He just recently got out of a bad relationship himself, but he's seeing another guy that seems to be really sweet and they seem to care about each other. That's all that matters in the end.

I know I'm not the only one, and you're right, I should have known better than to ask such a stupid question
LLV is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 05:08 PM   #18  
lilybelle
 
lilybelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: rural Oklahoma
Posts: 6,619

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Default

LLV, it wasn't a stupid question at all. Sometimes it helps just to know that others lives aren't so perfect either. BTW, my sons' name is Shane too.
lilybelle is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 06:53 PM   #19  
LLV
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
LLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 3,509

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
LLV, it wasn't a stupid question at all. Sometimes it helps just to know that others lives aren't so perfect either. BTW, my sons' name is Shane too.
Really? I love that name. I think it's so pretty.

I have other names I love and wanted to name him that before he was born, but Matthew was like, "No way, those names suck."

I LOVE the name Christopher. Since I was a girl I wanted to grow up and have a boy and name him Christopher. But Matthew (my partner) wouldn't have it. He wouldn't let me. And that was my only chance because I only want one child, I'm not doing it again. I later told Matthew that Christopher is the name I've always wanted to give my boy. And he felt kinda bad for going against it, but he said, "He would have been called Chris."

And I was like, "Yeah? So?"

He goes, "Chris is also a girl's name, it sounds too feminine."

*ROLLING MY EYES*

I also like the names Josh and Julian. And also Casey. He said NO WAY to those too.

Don't get me wrong, I love the name Shane. But my first choices were blown outta the water by a jerk who thinks they sounded too feminine, lol.
LLV is offline  
Old 09-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #20  
Searching for balance
 
Irishowl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 95

S/C/G: 247/241.2/150

Height: 5'6 - Female

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
There may not be alot of replies to tell you so, but you are FAR from the only one totally bored in their relationship (even of those that started with a searing hot passion). Look how many marriage/relationship books there are out there about trying to put excitement back into a marriage - it's something almost every marriage faces.

My best friend (gay in a long term committed relationship) and I always joke that people against homosexual sex should vote for same-sex marriage," because when you start living with someone, and have large bills together, and start doing all of the every-day building a life things together, you fall into a routine that drains all of the excitement, creativity, and desire right out of you.

I'm not bored in my relationship at all, but I can relate to this. I think boredom can come out of just the day in day out routine of living. I think most people (myself and my partner included) don't make time for themselves and each other. We try to have a "date" night every week or two just to have time away from work, school, phones, computers, family, friends, and everything else. We go to dinner, eat slow, talk, laugh, look in each other's eyes.........and the butterflies in my stomach return. Just that tiny bit of "us" time is all it takes to remind me of why I fell in love with Shell in the first place and why it's so important for us to always carve out time together.

Shannon
Irishowl is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.