3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Yay! I exercised today! August 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/90572-yay-i-exercised-today-august-2006-a.html)

mauvaisroux 08-01-2006 02:46 PM

Yay! I exercised today! August 2006

I've been exercising more in July and feeling the benefits! :cb:

This month I am challenging myself to exercise each morning especially on holiday. I'm packing my yoga outfit so I can workout in my hotel room. :)

Today, despite the heat (110F outside) I still went for a walk at lunch time.

ajandpj99 08-02-2006 01:35 PM

After careful thought it occured to me that I have walked in some fashion every day for the last week easy.

Last night it was a 1/2 mile total from taking each neice on a horse back ride. Me and the horse walked.

Sunday was the creek, monday was the hill climb.

No wonder my hips have been yelling at me and I went to sleep at 930 last night. Snore. Feeling caught up on my sleep finally.

mauvaisroux 08-02-2006 02:41 PM

Wow! Way to go on the walking and hill climbing! :cp:

Did my usual 1/2 hour walk at lunch today - it's a little less stifling outside than it was yesterday.

mauvaisroux 08-07-2006 09:27 PM

Aug 3., 4 & 5 - lots of walking and cleaning and gardening.

ajandpj99 08-08-2006 11:49 AM

Last Thursday the 3rd - 4 mile hill hike (1 mile up, 1mile flat, 1mile flat, 1 mile down)
Fri the 4th - 1/2 mile hike with the horses, plus another quarter mile with the dogs
Sat 5th, shopping for 4 hrs
Last night the 7th, 4 mile hill hike

ajandpj99 08-11-2006 12:14 PM

Wed the 9th - jumped up and down for 2 hrs at Alice Cooper Concert
Thur the 10th - 3 mile hike (1.5 up hill)

Tani 08-11-2006 02:10 PM

Last week I was an exercise star, I got in 9+ hours, but this week has been hit and miss.

Monday: 30 minute walk
Tuesday: 50 min. elliptical, 1 hour aquacize
Wed: 30 min walk
Thursday: 45 min. elliptical

Ladybud 08-15-2006 01:09 PM

I can exercise with no problem, it's sticking to the eating plan I need help doing! I do ok until 2:30 3:00 and I feel like I have not ate all day!:carrot: :dizzy:

Sashabee 08-16-2006 01:31 AM

(Hi, I'm new. :) )

Today's my "start day" and despite working ten hours today, I went to the movie theater after work for two games of Dance Dance Revolution. (When I can get my home version set up, it'll be my preferred exercise.)

lizziness 08-16-2006 02:08 AM

finally got back to the gym after over a month off!! an hour in the pool. it feels really good.

ajandpj99 08-16-2006 12:32 PM

Monday - hill hike with a full pack - phew! mental note - eat before you hike - got light headed and had to take an early break to eat something

Ladybug - I hear ya on the 3pm munchies - I find if I eat breakfast too late - like more than 2hrs after I wake up - hungry or not - it throws off my appetite and I tend to be hungrier in the afternoon. But if I stick to the eat within 2 hrs of rising - and every 3-5 hrs eat again (how often depends on how much) = I usually eat about 200 calories at a time so I try to eat 6-8 times a day (2-3hrs) but I work at home. And I eat more calories on hiking days. Letting the work out burn the fat without starving myself.

For other schedules 400 calories at a time every 4-5 hrs works better - just take the # of calories you get to eat each day and spread them out evenly based on your rise and bed time. then eat at those times every day no matter if you are hungry or not. Your blood sugar will stay level and keep you from getting munchies. And having to eat - sounds better than I cant eat now.

Bearing in mind my calories are lower now since I lost weight already - you may need more or less - without details of how much you actually eat and burn - not sure if you are starving yourself unecessarily.

Another kicker is to drink 8oz of water down with every meal - chug it if you have to - really makes you full so food has time to digest and do its job.

I have read and experienced that many times we confuse thirst for hunger - so always drink water before you eat if it is not time to eat again and I havent missed any feedings. (baby baby baby);)

Nothing like a novel is there?

mauvaisroux 08-16-2006 02:15 PM

Last weeks exercise consisted of walking all over ****'s acres at a convention, lifting heavy boxes for several hours and more walking to hotel, restaurants and sightseeing venues.

I can't wait to get back to my yoga classes.

ajandpj99 08-20-2006 12:44 PM

Sat 8/19 5 or 6 mile roundtrip hike up to grasshopper mtn - great day! Got some good video - some day I will upload and advise you of the link.:D This was my 2nd trip up there and did a lot better - my pack fit better -I even had more weight than last time. And I didnt get as shakey on the narrow trails.:carrot:

Thurs 8/17 1.5 mile hike rt up to Bland Fire Watch Tower - this was my second trip and I did much better - I get vertigo sometimes but this time I went up in the tower - great view of the entire surrounding area.

Sashabee 08-22-2006 10:45 PM

I "started over" again yesterday...
I exercised yesterday AND today! Yesterday was 25 minutes of DDR, today was 10 minutes of DDR and 15 minutes of strength training.

I know it doesn't seem like a whole lot, but I'm horribly out of shape. So I'm very very happy I'm so far meeting my goal of 25 minutes of exercise a day. :carrot:

mauvaisroux 08-23-2006 11:37 AM

So far this week I've done 30 minutes of yoga and taken 30 minutes walks during my lunch hour. :)