New Music needed - please

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've got over 10000 mp3's on my pc & I'm bored with the lot of them ( Goth, Alternative, Punk, Rock, Techno, EBM, Industrial)

If anyones got any suggestions for new listening material please please post them - new bands especially.

Thanks

Moo
  • I'm obsessed with music, so I just have to chime in here with my favorites. Scary that this is the SHORT list.

Tori Amos, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Steppenwolf, Collide, Tapping the Vein, Depeche Mode, Fiona Apple, Enya, Cradle of Filth

Garbage, Godsmack, Black Sabbath, Vanessa Carlton, Sisters of Mercy, Kidneythieves, Guns N Roses, Cowboy Junkies, Dresden Dolls

Jefferson Airplane, Korn, Loreena McKennit, Marilyn Manson, Lords of Acid, Ministry, Nick Cave, Prince, Sarah McLachlan, Dio

Jimi Hendrix, Type O Negative, Concrete Blonde, Mazzy Star, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Amethystium, Inkubus Sukkubus

Wendy Rule, Avril Lavigne, Alu, Alice Cooper, Diva Destruction, Aerosmith, Joan Jett, Bauhaus, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Sarah Brightman

Black Tape For A Blue Girl, Echo And The Bunnymen, Velvet Underground, David Bowie, Led Zepplin, The Eagles, Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac

Sirenia, Tristania, Leaves Eyes, Evanesence, Gabrielle Roth, The Guess Who, John Denver, PJ Harvey, Rachael Yamagata, Sammy Hagar

Shakira, Judas Priest, Seraphim Shock, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Blue Oyster Cult, Blackmore's Night, John Lennon, Billie Holliday, Space Girl, Jem, DJ Irene...
  • I only know old stuff...

I'm just getting into Fiona Apple 'extraordinary machine' it's a great cd. I love Rufus Wainwright have you tried him?

To pick a couple from madscientist's list, PJ Harvey and Mazzy Star I like.

Others - Antony and the Johnsons, Liz Phair, Ben Folds, Pavement. I saw The Guillemots last year they're fairly new and good.

Then there are your oldies - I'm off to see Morrissey and Radiohead next month but everyone has heard of them.

I don't how I ended up here I thought I was in general chatter
  • Veggie - I keep hearing about the Guilliemots, I shall go check them out - Thanks x

madscientist- I tried the Dresden Dolls but couldn't get my head round them The new Ministry album is superb, just what I need for frantic cycling and you like Inkubus Sukkubus ehh? tehehehe they're very old friends of mine from "Back in the Day", we were all baby goths together. I've got some corking pictures of Tony Mccormack when he was young and cute . I'll check out the Lords of Acid though Thanks x

I found this earlier - me as a baby goth back in the 80's ...... look mum no wrinkles

• Aww you're a cute baby Goth. Have you tried the site last.fm? You can search bands you like and see what other fans of them are listening to.
  • cute pic!

I've been listening to Panic at the Disco but I'm not sure if I like them that much - maybe they will grow on me

I really like Assemblage 23 - went so far as to drive to Montreal to see them at a club there. I also like a band called Cruciform Injection (hope I spelled it right - they are based out of Chicago.
  • I second Antony and the Johnsons! Also:
    Nick Cave, Coco Rosie, Joanna Newsom, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Nick Drake (old), Jeff Buckley, PJ Harvey, anyting Radiohead....
  • Quote:
    Then there are your oldies - I'm off to see Morrissey and Radiohead next month but everyone has heard of them.

I don't how I ended up here I thought I was in general chatter

Where are you going to see Radiohead?!! I saw them in concert a few years ago, when Hail to the Theif came out and it was the best concert that I've ever seen. I HAVE to see them again!!!
  • Quote: cute pic!

I've been listening to Panic at the Disco but I'm not sure if I like them that much - maybe they will grow on me

I really like Assemblage 23 - went so far as to drive to Montreal to see them at a club there. I also like a band called Cruciform Injection (hope I spelled it right - they are based out of Chicago.
    Thank you kind lady shame I'm not so cute now *sobs*

Snap on Assemblage 23 I'll see if I can find anything by Cruciform Injection on this here Internet Malarky - Thanks x
  • I love industrial, it's my main type of music.
    Here are some of my bands: Wolfsheim, Wumpscut (I'm sure you know them), My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, And One, and Suicide Commando.
  • I'm an Industrial girl to the fullest, so I've got nothing that you've probably NOT heard of. I just went and saw The Birthday Massacre/Deadstar Assembly, and I'm hooked on Deadstar's album still...
  • I really should get out more and listen to the radio! Although to be fair while working on a report to day I did play a few different cd's.

First B52's Cosmic Thnkg - to cheer me up cos it is Sunday but here I am in work!

Paradise Lost - Icon - love the gothy sound!

Tom Waits - Heart Attack and Vine - love that man's voice!

Labelle - Chameleon - Soulful and gutsy

Fear Factory - Demanufacture Slice your face off guitar riffs - lovely

Best of Al Green sweet and soulful!

And before I got in to work I was listeneing to the Best of INXS -Michael Hutchence RIP

See - nothing new! I chucked a load of records out when I moved cos of no space and wished I hadn't so I am buying them all now.
  • Metal!
    Well, I'm a huge Metallica freak. I noticed that you hadn't listed heavy metal in the genres you already have. Europe is cranking out some crazy metal.

Opeth: Metal Gods from Sweden

Children of Bodom: from Finland

Therion: There's a whole slew of Norwegian heavy metal, but I especially like these guys; they incorporate a lot of symphonic and orchestral stuff into their metal seamlessly

Underoath: These guys are more metal core (cross between metal and hardcore)

Those are just a few since I'm not sure if you'd even like this type of music, but they're at least worth a listen.
  • Metal's not really my thing but I do have quite a lot of Areyon, Within Temptation, Nightwish and a few other "odd" Scandanavian metal bands MP3's. Theiron were a bit interesting to say the least!

Not heard much Opeth, so I'll give them a listen.

Thanks
    Moo x
  • Tom Waits is the BEST!! Arcade Fire is really good too!