3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Rockin' Out at the Gym (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/77120-rockin-out-gym.html)

lessthansign3 02-23-2006 09:13 PM

Rockin' Out at the Gym

Okay, I've been trying to figure out what some good new music would be to add to my ipod that would be good to exercise to. The bands whose music seems to be fairly fast paced and intense enough to keep me going are like Mindless Self Indulgence, System of a Down, and Sum 41. Does anyone have any suggestions of music along those lines that would make a good addition to my ipod's workout playlist?

Thanks <333

kayleystar 02-23-2006 09:20 PM

Hehe, I love MSI! :) Well, I listen to a LOT of Industrial/synth-pop/darkwave/symphonic goth...you could try some Dance Industrial, such as Razed In Black...very good beat! I also like working out to Combichrist and Icon of Coil. The Birthday Massacre (who I'm going to see on April 1st!!! WHEE!!!!) is very upbeat (in an evil sort of way...lol), but it's synth-pop for the most part, and it seems perky, even if the lyrics aren't such....."nice" things sometimes. :)

lessthansign3 02-23-2006 09:24 PM

lol, thanks for the suggestions :) It's sometimes weird listening to bands like System and MSI and thinking, "Wow, if only the old lady next to me could hear this..." I like a wide range of rock, from pop punk to heavier stuff, but I find the heavier stuff is better at the gym. It helps to release all of that stress, don't you think?

lizziness 02-23-2006 09:30 PM

i agree. just about my favorite band to work out to is Lords of Acid. They sometimes have the most foul of lyrics, and i sometimes wonder the same thing... if the person next to me can hear the lyrics. But it gets me going, and that's all that's important. :)

kayleystar 02-23-2006 09:38 PM

Definately! And I really like the dancey industrial stuff, cuz it keeps me MOVING! Maybe the old lady would like it, and sing, "I love my mommy cuz she fu#*ed my dad"....:o

kayleystar 02-23-2006 09:40 PM

OOOOH!!! Lords of Acid! Good choice!

pixiefalls 02-23-2006 10:49 PM

Well if I want to get my mind off the time I'm on the treadmill I listen to my favorite band.. Evanescence. I love them, I've never listened to a band more or liked so many songs:).

kayleystar 02-23-2006 10:56 PM

I can't really listen to them when I work out...doesn't pep me up enough! Same with Lacuna Coil...absolutely LOVE them, but just can't work OUT to them! *sigh*

busker 02-23-2006 11:35 PM

Well, I guess my taste in music isn't so out there then. :)

Hmm... :chin: Lords of Acid, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, Electric Hellfire Club, Shamen, Pop Will Eat Itself, Die Warzau, Offspring, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Sisters of Mercy... :dance: :dancer:

--Janis

mauvaisroux 02-23-2006 11:57 PM

Skinny Puppy :D

Sheep on Drugs, Assemblage 23 , Ramstein, Front 242 , Static X, Mudvayne, Korn . . .

A band called Gem - you may recognize their music from the ad for the movie Ultraviolet.

kayleystar 02-24-2006 12:14 AM

Seems like we have a lot of the same musical tastes. I'm also a Velvet Acid Christ fan. So much music, I swear...

chloriform 02-24-2006 09:56 AM

I personally like Kidney Thieves, Jack off Jill, and Msi to work out with.. System of a down works alright for me as well. I found a band called Lady Tron that is cool.. I just reninvented my garage into a person gym I set up my t.v and dvd player right in front of my recumbent bike. I watch one episode of The L word or some other 45 min show.. Its great.

lessthansign3 02-24-2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloriform
I just reninvented my garage into a person gym I set up my t.v and dvd player right in front of my recumbent bike. I watch one episode of The L word or some other 45 min show.. Its great.

Neato! I just bring my ipod with me to the gym, set it on the exercise bike, and watch The Office while I pedal. I listen to music on the treadmill though. That's too bouncy to watch much of anything, even on the TVs they have there!

Thanks for all the suggestions <3

kayleystar 02-24-2006 04:54 PM

Kidneythieves=awesome.

mauvaisroux 02-24-2006 08:57 PM

Velvet Acid Christ = awesome!

It's great to see some diverse musical tastes here!

Du Hast by Ramstein is a great power workout song.

VNV Nation and a band called Pale A.D. (alterntive techno rock) at http://www.entrancemedia.net/