3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   January fresh start challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/71297-january-fresh-start-challenge.html)

mauvaisroux 01-01-2006 01:43 PM

January fresh start challenge!

Well now that the holidays are over we can face the new year with a fresh outlook and get into enjoying the winter season. :)

For this month's challenge we can post our goals - i.e. fitness, health or better eating.

The challenge will end on January 31. We can do it! :cheer:

mauvaisroux 01-01-2006 05:15 PM

I would like to reach my goal weight and be in maintenance by July 2006 :carrot:

So this month I will work on:

Keeping my food journal
Exercising for at least 30 minutes per day
Drinking more water each day
Making ww friendly dinners

ajandpj99 01-01-2006 06:22 PM

Why Break a Good Routine?

Well since I have been averaging 5lbs per month - that is the first part to be 212 by the 31st (210 by VD).

The next part is that I need to drink more water - this is very hard when it isnt hot out - so if I can do 2 bottles (32 oz) per day that is more than twice what I have been getting - since it got cold.

The last thing is that I want to go horse back riding at least once this month - this may be a tall order since DH never has time and I want him to go too.

:carrot: Good LUCK to ALL!

Tani 01-01-2006 10:54 PM

This month I'm adding in strength training 3 days a week. I get a bit of it already in my aquacize classes, but I think it's time to add some different moves.

Other than that I just want to keep on keeping on. :) I'll also continue to fine tune my maintenance calories.

lizziness 01-02-2006 11:22 PM

this month is going to be based on organizing. i want to get a journal going, start up with flylady again because now that my schedule has changed my productivity at home has really slumped.
hubby and i are considering joining the gym and going swimming after work a few nights a week, if we do that, then i'll adjust my jan goal accordingly with that... as it is now, i'm doing physical therapy and i've been in too much pain to do much exercise... but i do have back exercises to keep up and i want to do my best with that to finally feel better.
i also plan to make all the drs appts that i need this month, dentist, gyno, etc and get it all out of the way.
good luck ladies!

KnittinKitten 01-02-2006 11:39 PM

Wow, I've been gone from here for quite a while. I guess that's what sometimes happens when you get a new job and move. But it is a time for some new goals.
Goals:
-Make it to yoga class on Sundays. My job is stressful and I feel this would be beneficial
-Get back in the habit of really working out again (at least 5 days a week)

tnfaith 01-03-2006 05:26 PM

Can I join your challenge?

my goal would be 5 lbs and 10 inches

drink more water 60 oz a day

exercise at least 3 times a week

Daffadil71 01-03-2006 06:06 PM

well...i always like a good challange. Well.. first i need to learn to type. (Just kidding). Seriously... i am shooting for at least 3 days a week at the gym. ( im starting small here folks okay?. I want to drink more water. I can drink enough to sink a sub but at work the cooler is on the first floor and im on the second and i have yet to get my powers to have it magically come to me nor have they given me a butler yet so you see my dilema. I need to get off my lazy butt and get more water. And goal three... i will actually take my lunch break for at least three days a week and use it for me. ( i never do and i think its sucking my brain out) besides why give the state of nj my services for free? Well there you have it..

mauvaisroux 01-03-2006 07:36 PM

Welcome everyone :wave:

Well I'm onto day 3 of the "back on track" plan and so far so good. I have eaten pretty well, gotten some exercise and feel pretty good. :)

mauvaisroux 01-06-2006 11:20 AM

I've been doing pretty good this week except for an incident last night involving some fresh crusty bread from the local Portuguese bakery :o

I still need to increase my exercise though.

ajandpj99 01-06-2006 11:39 AM

So far so good - I have been drinking more water and agreed to let DH act as my trainer starting next week we are gonna work out together 4 times a week - cardio first followed by 30-45 mins of weights concentrating on 1 body section at a time. Arms, Chest, Legs, Back.

And we finished off all the goodies last weekend so no more temptations lying around.:D

Cyl53 01-06-2006 08:12 PM

For the New Year I am wanting to get back into aerobics consistently. I plan to keep a food and exercise journal as well since I was recently diagnosed with Diabetes 2. I'd like to lose 10 lbs. by March.

On a more personal note, I'd like to work on making a Goddess oriented altar space for myself. I have always been drawn to Kwan Yin...the protectress of women and children.

Blessed Be

Cyl

hannah_phi 01-06-2006 08:15 PM

This month my goals are:
1. Lose 4 lbs.
2. Shine my sink every evening (yup, I'm a flybaby too).
3. Exercise 4X a week.
4. Drink 96 ozs (3 Nalgene bottles full) of water a day.

I just got back from vacation and I really packed on the pounds while I was gone. I had planned to hike everyday while I was there, but it didn't happen due to the flood of the decade. Now I'm back and I'm totally dedicated to doing what I have to to reach my goals this year.:carrot:

tnfaith 01-07-2006 10:35 AM

:carrot: i am feeling really good about the whole wl exercise thing this week, i got in my water and exercised did well with the food i had on hand and am down 2 lbs only 3 more to go to my January goal!

mauvaisroux 01-07-2006 03:45 PM

Cyl - sorry to hear that you have Diabetes :grouphug:

Today DH and I walked down to the local rec center to check out the swimming schedules, fees, and other classes.

We are thinking of getting a family membership for swimming and going swimming 2- 3 times per week in addition to taking a yoga class together.