3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   January fresh start challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/71297-january-fresh-start-challenge.html)

hannah_phi 01-08-2006 01:07 PM

Cyl: For journaling you may want to try fitday, if you don't already use it. I'm guessing you need to track your carbs and fat farily closely and fitday is great for that.

tnfaith: Keep up the great work! :carrot:

Mauv: How was the rec center?

I'm always amazed at what a little attentiveness will achieve. I've already lost 2 pounds! I'm half way to my goal!! I've been kicking butt with water drinking, I returned to my normal flexitarian diet (I generally don't eat meat, except seafood, at home) and I've been planning my meals. :carrot: This afternoon I'm going over to a friend's for pizza, beer and football. I'm going to have to be very careful, but I think I'll eat a bowl of cereal before I go so that I'm not hungry when I get there. :cool:

mauvaisroux 01-09-2006 09:34 AM

Hannah- Good going and keep it up :cheer:

The rec centre was great! I used to go swimming there when I was a teen with my aunt when she lived up the street from it. It was and old building with some lovely architecture but outdated equipment. I used to love the pool though as it had high ceilings and an antiquated feel to it.

I haven't been there in years and it has been completely renovated with an addition and updated facilities. They did keep the original facade at the front which is probably because it was designated as a heritage building. I'm glad as it has a certain charm about it. :)

I think we will be getting a family membership for 1 month to try it out and then see where we go from there. DH loves to swim and has developed a sudden interest in yoga since he picked up a book by a famous wrestler called "Yoga for regular guys" - I guess if a pro-wrestler can do yoga then it's not just for girls :rofl: I figure that I better strike while the iron is hot since I have been suggesting yoga to him for the last 5 years. Apparently I know nothing but if Diamond Dallas Page says it's so then it must be :rolleyes:

Yogini 01-09-2006 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mauvaisroux
I guess if a pro-wrestler can do yoga then it's not just for girls :rofl: I figure that I better strike while the iron is hot since I have been suggesting yoga to him for the last 5 years. Apparently I know nothing but if Diamond Dallas Page says it's so then it must be :rolleyes:

:lol: That is PRICELESS!!! HA!

Well, I am ready to jump back into my plan! My gym membership is taken care of, I enjoyed 3 farewell beers last night and I have everything planned out!

I will exercise 30-60 minutes each day, minimum!

I will teach 4 yoga classes weekly and take an additional 2 on top of that, just for me!

I will drink a gallon of water daily!

I will NOT eat after dark!

I will journal everything I eat!

I will stay between 1500-2000 calories daily!

I will enjoy this body, as it is, today and enjoy what I can make of my body with consistent efforts, everyday!

:D

AngelleNoire 01-10-2006 12:54 AM

Back on Track...so to speak.

Well apparently getting a job...not that great for the waistline. Who knew!? Well fortunately I have just been permenantly hired in so that worry of not being hired is off my shoulders. Course then I looked in the mirror and realized I was not looking the way I'd hoped. Stress eating is a...well you know :o. In any case I am glad to be back as the pc problems didn't help me either.

So here are my goals for January:

1. 1-2 bottles of Fiji water every day
2. Take the stairs more (except when wearing my high heeled boots...no need to be a hero)
3. Do my tai-chi routine 2 times a week (got the dvd on sale after Xmas...gotta love a bargain)
4. Aim for around 4-5 lbs lost this month.

Wanttolossalot 01-16-2006 01:08 PM

Hi! Im back!

Hope everyone had a great holiday season! I did not do to badly over the holidays as I thought I would have. I do however, need to get back on track again. I hope to lose another 5 lbs this month.
Not too much happening in my life right now that is terribly exciting except I finally paid off my car, :carrot: and am excited by that. Well, gotta go for now, but will keep in touch.
Hugs to all!:hug:
Virginia

Tani 01-30-2006 12:46 PM

Hmmmm I was hit and miss with my goals for January. My calories were fine, I seemed to have settled on a good maintenance number as I've managed to stay at 137 for three weeks :carrot: I kept up fairly well on my established exercise routines, except for the week I was sick.

But I totally fell down on the added strength training. I did it exactly once :o It was a combination of sickness and working 55 hour weeks that did me in I think.

I'm going to get back on the strength wagon tonight though, in between the Over Time work I bring home.

mauvaisroux 01-31-2006 10:52 AM

I have once again stayed the same. Its' getting kind of frustrating but I guess its better than gaining :)

hannah_phi 01-31-2006 07:25 PM

For once I actually met my goal! :carrot: I think it was the combination of weight traning and cardio + setting higher caloric limits, but shooting for lower caloric intake. Somehow feeling as if I could have more if I needed/wanted to allowed me to have less. Strange how that works.

mauvaisroux 02-01-2006 09:42 AM

Way to go Hannah! :bravo:

I just set up the February challenge sticky if anyone is interested in joining in :)

ajandpj99 02-01-2006 04:50 PM

Just wanted to congratulate everyone that made their goals or are at least making the effort to!:hug:

I made mine - I dont know how - must be my new home design obsession, too busy drawing to eat. We did weight training twice.

Anyway - dont care how it happened as long as it happens and stays lost.:carrot: