Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 11:41 AM   #1  
a new me, I soon will be

Default New Year's Eve

Well, I hope everyone has a safe and fun time tonight. I've decided that I will fall off the wagon and get back on tomorrow. The chinese food craving has been going on for a couple weeks now. I think I'll give in and get it over with since I'd probably be snacking on junk food anyway. At least my sister will be with me to share all the fattening goodness of yummy fried rice, general tso's chicken, beef with broccoli, sweet and sour chicken, and other bad stuff. So, here's to my calorie-filled New year's eve...hope you all have a little more will power than me. I'll be working it off for the rest of the week, but it will be so worth it.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:05 PM   #2  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve everyone.
I have kidnapped my best friend (the boy) and will be spending it with him. So far we have planned the mall, & the movies. Not too exciting but perfect!
Old 12-31-2005, 12:52 PM   #3  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Moderation not Depravation

I personally find that giving in to a craving periodically (but with moderation applied) that it actually helps me get off a plateau. Sometimes I think that my body has a little mind of its own and will occasionally throw a tantrum and say "if you dont give me some chinese food - you can starve yourself and you will never lose another pound" You see the little fat cells are being held hostage by your craving centers - so when you satisfy a craving (1 or 2 bites will usually do it) - the hostages get released.

Guilt will also make you hold in fat - The point of a healthy eating plan is train your self to eat healthy 95% of the time and to allow yourself goodies in moderation so you dont feel deprived.

I went cold turkey at the beginning - lost 20 lbs, trained myself on portions and timing of eating - regular intervals - etc. Then I gradually stopped using the scale and the recipes and just winged it. I found that as I lost weight the appetite went way down anyway. And as long as I kept losing on a monthly basis - I kept doing what I was doing.

Since everyones body is different - you know how much you should or shouldnt eat and what.

FYI - I started May 1st. I just weighed in at 217 - 2 lbs below my New Year Goal - 43 lbs lost so far - and I ate fries and pizza yesterday but that was really all I ate all day so calorie wise it was low.

Have a safe and Happy New Year - PS Dancing burns tons of calories - so dance like nobody's looking.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:03 PM   #4  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

OH I definitely know what you are talking about!

One time, I was having a bad craving for Haagen Dazs and I bought a pint of light Dulce de Leche ice cream and ate 3/4 of it. I lost 9 pounds that month!

Sometimes, you just gotta give in! It REALLY helps!

My new year's plans? Midnight Mass. It'll be good for me.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:18 PM   #5  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Closed Thread