Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 01:02 PM   #1  

Location: Originally from Los Angeles but have lived in Northern England for over 6 years with my French husband!

Wink looking for fellow alternachick to be my weightloss buddy!!!

Heres a bit about me: Im originally from california but currently live in england with my french husband, im generally an optimistic person yet very much into goth romantisicim (i love H.I.M, Lacuna coil and my chemical romance plus many heavy-metal groups..and strangly enough kate bush and tori amos - but i didnt tell you that its a secret shh) I have a day job as an accountant but have my own little thing going in the evenings when I offer a tattooing/body piercing service. Ive been an artist my whole life and still do commissioned oil paintings on request which is a good extra earning for me. before i started tattooing I used to have my own little business on ebay selling adult "toys" but in the UK ebay doesnt allow the selling of those sort of items and so I kept getting suspended until I gave up my little online business - too bad too cause I met some very interesting characters while doing that!!! Anyways about the weight loss, I have a very underactive thyroid (hypo) which means if im not extremely strict with myself I can easily gain 10 pounds a week. Im trying my very best to follow Jillian McKeiths eating plan, which really works for me most of the time but I have a real soft spot for a good burger and a six-pack of beer (sometimes a few nights a week..oops) and so Id really love to find someone out there whos very open minded and has similar interests to be my email buddy hope to talk to you soon! p.s my current weight is 210..so a long way to go!
Old 09-28-2005, 01:30 AM   #2  

Hey! I posted earlier but must have cleared the message rather than send... been one of those days...

Anyhow I was going to post a "looking for a wl buddy" message when I saw yours and thought I'd see if you were still looking for one... I'm a Licensed Tax Preparer will soon be testing for my Consultants license, I don't give tat's but I have plenty, I love all music but really have a thing for alternative, metal and and and... I have a serious DVD habit as well... I've got about 100lbs to lose and battle my weight due to my thyroid also. Anyhow if you are still looking for a buddy lemme know!

kathie
Old 09-28-2005, 12:48 PM   #3  

Location: Originally from Los Angeles but have lived in Northern England for over 6 years with my French husband!

Unhappy Hi Kathie!!!

Yes of course im still interested! sounds like we have a few things in common. whats your current diet regime? I used to be so disciplined but I just cant seem to resist when i get a craving. Unlike most people, chocolate isnt my downfall - actually I cant remember the last time I had it, but I do get cravings for salty and spicy foods like indian curries, chinese take outs etc. Ive tried suplimenting these things with lower fat treats like pretzels but then i cant stop and I end up eating the whole bag, then Im even hungrier because of all those carbs and then I end up getting what i was craving in the first place.... same goes for beer, i get a craving for the taste (not to get drunk!) but I cant stop at just one and I end up drinking the whole six pack.. I guess really im a glutton need serious help! I know I can be good and stick to my diet but because of my thyroid problem the weightloss is so unpredictable and very very slow so it gets really discouraging and then I go back to eating my favorite foods and gain a but more than what i was before...
Old 09-29-2005, 08:11 PM   #4  

I'm not really on a regimen... being on a "Diet" has become a big part of my battle with my weight, with every new diet I try I lose some them gain it back plus, now I'm at my heaviest ever weight and I feel like crap! Part of that weight gain I'm sure is because I quit smoking, I quit 6 mo ago, I don't really eat that much either, but typically I'll go without eating and then when I do eat it's at the wrong time (Like when I'm in bed watching TV or reading a book) or just late at night in general. I find that if I actually eat I lose weight, but I'm never really that hungry, I can go 2 or 3 days with nothing but liquids but I don't lose weight... I'm actually trying a couple of lifestyle changes like... Eating breakfast LOL, that's been really hard to make myself do, and I switched to diet pepsi. I don't crave sweets very often, normally it's always near TOM, but more often than not it's like you said, spicy, salty foods, speaking of chinese that's what I had for lunch LOL. Give me a bag of Wasabi Funyons and I'm done, cuz I'll eat the entire bag and then want more! I really battle myself on the whole Diet issue, for example... I gave up potatoes because everywhere you read it says potatos will make you fat blah blah blah... so the other day after not having potatoes in the house for over 7 months (and not eating them anywhere else) my son begged me to make mashed potatoes and gravy, I obliged, took one bite and it was like heaven... but because I've been depriving myself of them, I ate until I was miserable.... but had I not ever told Myself no I could have maintained... so lol I'm torn... and as you say with the thyroid, it's hit and miss... btw my email is [email protected] Drop me an email!
Closed Thread