BIRTHDAY: July 16th

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged

TOP WEIGHT: 256

CURRENT WEIGHT: 227

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Black

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: My family and heritage, books, runes, black magick, cooking/baking, D.I.Y

PETS: Cat (7 months old)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA

FAVORITE COLOR: Dark reds and browns

FAVORITE FOODS: I love different kinds

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I can't pick just a few

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): All kinds of horror and psychological thrillers. But Prozac Nation seems to be my all-time favorite movie.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I listen to everything. Mainly ambient black metal to neofolk. My favorite band is Current 93.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: The first 100lbs I gained were completely random, while exercising and dieting regularly. I was checked for problems, all clear, though. My mother blamed my dad since his side of the family is all obese. The last 56lbs were 4 years of not caring and being anti-social.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I met someone who changed my life and makes me want to better myself. I noticed how bad I got and I don't want to further the damage.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie counting / healthier eating / portion control

RELIGION: Left Hand Path

POLITICS: Moderate

PIERCINGS: Nipples & tongue [had labret, lip (both sides), medusa, and eyebrow].

TATTOOS: 6 so far and more to come.
  • Name: Kim
    Weight & Height: 5'3" & 205 shameful lbs.
    Work: Blockbuster Employee. xD Though I prefer the title of Entrepreneur over that, as I do have an online shop where I sell various merchandise. I also do custom graphics/graphic design. Needless to say, those two "side-jobs" earn me way more money than my official one.
    Music: Way too many 'favorites' to legally list here. Attempting a brief overview would just give your thread stretchmarks. Let's just sum it up to me being indecisive & having rather varied tastes.. I like everything from Nirvana to Ani DeFranco.. Seether, Creed, NIN, Brand New, Insane Clown Posse, Kadavers on Kitestrings , Twiztid, Relient K, King Gordy, Hot Hot Heat, Sex Pistols, ACDC, Melissa Etheridge, Pink (HUGE fan)-- Okay, I need to stop. God knows that could only continue on for far far too long, but please enjoy the brief taste of my music prefs. Likes I said, my palate craves many different flavors.
    Books: Oh dear.. Books. Shall we talk about them? Okay. I was an avid reader-- the was being strongly emphasized. I haven't read a book of my own free will (college classes, especially fiction related ones, require some 'light' reading) in a good few months; it might be bordering on half a year or more now. I'd say I stopped reading so much about the same time my GF (Sam) & I's relationship went from friend to -- yeah. I think I mostly read out of loneliness. I could find solace in books that the real world just didn't offer.. I wasn't some loner when I was reading a story, I could pretend I was one of the leading characters off on a dangerous adventure, or wrapped up in a complicated, angst-filled romance. I guess.. since I've been developing a life of my own I haven't so heavily relied on the lives of others-- especially fictional ones. I still do love books though, & I aim to become an accomplished author. Who knows, maybe one day a similarly sad & lost little girl will pick up one of my books; if that days comes I only hope I can offer her (or him) the same comfort that I found in the words of so many others.
    TV: Ooh. TV rots your brain.. >_> *Watches some* I love TV way more than is necessary. It's just a device, like games, to entertain us & simultaneously distract us from what's happening (TV & games are actually considered a form of mind control, lol). I love TV, I just hate being told what I should or should not believe from the TV; I've watched more than a few shows that paint certain groups of people in perhaps fairer colors than honestly true (isn't that called *gasp* propaganda?). I also don't appreciate that those who hold the information can control how much of it you know. For that & several other reasons I stay away from News channels. First of all, I just don't like anchor-people; I saw this woman once telling the story of how half a dozen people or so had been killed, & she did it with a smile on her face.. Yeah, nothing's wrong there. *Sigh* Ghost Hunters is one of my all-time favorite shows! I do admit to loving TV series though, also. Supernatural is a fav, followed by TrueBlood, Firefly, Psych, CSI, Dresden Files (books are better)-- Okay, I'm stopping myself again!
    Interests/Hobbies: Drawing, Writing, Painting, Graphic Design, Photography, Baking, Philosophy, Cultural views, Religious beliefs, Learning, Wondering, etc..
    Goals: Losing weight, becoming a healthier me, & learning to control my anger (I need to start properly articulating what I'm feeling, without the use of yelling again).
    Religion: I don't persecute people because of their beliefs, & think that whatever you believe, just believe in something (even if it's the absence of a God). I personally lean toward Druidic beliefs, but don't consider that a "religion". I have a set of principles that I follow, but I don't expect others to do the same under penalty of persecution. Also, I don't wage wars for my Gods. Gaia is my Earth mama; Love for the world, in my honest opinion, is the 2nd greatest love (besides a love of yourself).
    Politics
    : Liberal. I don't like politics, but it's good to be informed.
    Relationship Status: I have a GF (Lycan). We've been together 7 wonderful months, & still going strong. She makes me the happiest I've ever been, & I honestly couldn't imagine a life without her.

So, I guess that's it from me.
    I'm excited to start cruising your "support group", as you all seem like an interesting lot. Hope to see you 'round the forums!

Kimmy
  • My name: Just call me Skullarix
    Job: Call Center Cube Drone
    Relationship: Married
    Pets: 3 cats, 1 fish and 1 horse
    Books/Authors: Anne Ross
    Movies: 13th Warrior, Gladiator, Beowulf and 300
    TV: I don't watch TV
    Music: Mostly German Folk Metal and bagpipe bands
    Hobbies: Bagpipes, fake hair, horses and Druidry
    Other Stuff: ??? What I just gave you the quick and dirty version
    Home decor: What ever my room mate wants which appears to be mostly animal print
  • Name Lucy

Age Twenty - Two

Location Auburn Alabama

Weight & Height 205 & 5'5

Work Photographer

Books I'm HUGE into Vampire novels of any sort yest I am a twilight fan x) I love Anne Rice, Laurell K. Hamilton & Various others. I'm a huge dork for the horror & supernatural section in book stores as well as the new age section.

Music I tend to like bands that all sound completely different as well as bands of all sorts. My favorites in the world would have to be NIN, Tool, Deftones though I tend to also like various other types of music.

TV Ghost Hunters! Anything on SCIFI and anything that is a horrible Reality Show

Movies Labyrinth! My favorite type of movie is of course Horror. I'm a huge huge HUGE fan of horror movies I always say the more blood the better.

Interests/Hobbies Photography, My Roller Derby Team & Playing Roller Derby, Ghost Hunting, Reading, Traveling

Goals To get down to 145lbs

Religion I consider myself a Christian but i'm still not a huge fan of organized religion.

Politics Liberal

Relationship Status Taken

• Name: Rebecca

Family: I have a wonderful husband of almost 3 years (in april actually) no kids but two pets a bunny and a bird

Job: not right now but soon hopefully

Music
    : everything pretty much

Movies: Horror flicks

TV: Dexter Csi (all of them) Bones supernatrual True blood

Hobbies:
    Cooking, reading, writing, dance, art

My Weight
    : I have always been big. Right now I am at my biggest 309lbs and I feel every lbs my back hurts all the time and I just am sick of looking at it. So I am on WW and stoped a lot of bad habbits. I want to be at 150lbs so I am here.
  • I think it's about time I join this forum. I've been an alternachick my whole life. Now I'm working on becoming a fit alternachick!

My name: Mary
    Job: studio art student, working towards a 'real' job
    Pets: 1 dog
    Books/Authors: Ayn Rand, Peter Beagle, Orson Scott Card
    Movies: Army of Darkness, The Last Unicorn,
    TV: I rarely watch tv, but when I do it's always discovery, history, or the smithsonian channels with the occassionally cartoon thrown in
    Music: Lately I've really been into music that ranges from symphonic metal to celtic. I love female singers!
    Hobbies: Weaving, dyeing fabric and hair, art, sewing anything with animals, video games, learning about and studying languages
    Goals: to reach a healthy weight and be in decent physical shape
  • I love so much that this is here! I'll fit right in.

NAME: Kati

BIRTHDAY: April 27th (almost 18)

MARITAL STATUS: Been with my boyfriend for 3 1/2 years, pre-engaged (that's what we call it :P )

TOP WEIGHT: 370

CURRENT WEIGHT: 315

GOAL WEIGHT: 250, maybe 230 if I want to lose more once I get to 250

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: Dark Blue (though my pupils are huge, so my eyes look black most of the time)

HAIR COLOR: Reddish-blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Writing music and songs, playing guitar, playing video games, designing/making clothes (though I'm not too good at it just yet), painting, studying psychology

PETS: Cat (2 years old) named Minnie Moose
    That's not including the 16 pets in my entire household, from horses to chickens... :P

OCCUPATION: No job right now, I'm looking though. I was a photographer for Sears Portrait Studio but that was seasonal only.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ohio, on the border of WV. Moving to Columbus this fall.

FAVORITE COLOR: All reds. Red is such a passionate color.

FAVORITE FOODS: All kinds.

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking mostly, though I've been trying belly dance for a while.

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I can't pick just a few <--what she said

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Donnie Darko and Pan's Labyrinth.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: My favorite musician is Jeff Buckley, my second favorite is Nine Inch Nails. I used to listen to mostly 80's and 90's alternative, but I've been listening to modern music lately, mostly indie rock. Ooh and funk. I've been listening to Bright Eyes, Elliot Smith, The Faint, Mindless Self Indulgence, Juliette & the Licks, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Muse, !!!, Yelle, etc.
    Pandora.com is my hero.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I've been a chubbins my whole life, which I don't mind, I like being curvy, but it got totally out of hand a few years ago. I have bipolar disorder, and I was prescribed Lithium, and that made me gain weight horrifically. I was on the depo shot too, which made me hungry constantly. All together I gained over 100lbs in 2 years. But besides that, I've always been a sucker for junk foods anyway.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: The meds I'm on aren't bad for weight gain, and I'm completely determined. I've always seen my college years as me being thinner, and there's no way that's gonna happen unless I make it happen.

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie counting, portion control, eating healthier, and exercising more.

RELIGION: Nothing official, but I've always leaned toward Wicca.

POLITICS: As liberal as it gets.

PIERCINGS: Monroe (upper lip piercing on the left)

TATTOOS: None, but I'm getting one on my left wrist as soon as I finish designing it. It's going to say "Wait in the fire" (a Jeff Buckley lyric) with the moon cradling the text.
  • My name: Heidi

Job: currently, teacher; next year, who knows?

Relationship: married to an amazing alternadude

Pets: 4 very furry cats

Books/Authors: anything and everything; David Sedaris; Chuck Palahniuk; Ayn Rand; vampire fiction

Movies: Fight Club, comic book movies, LOTR, independent films (Wristcutters, Scotland PA, etc)

TV: Bones, Sarah Connor, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse (maybe? I'm not sure about it yet)

Music: Mostly chick rock (Within Temptation, Kidneytheives, Jack off Jill), but other good headbanging stuff too--Zombie, System

Hobbies: Gaming (RPG junkie), reading, writing (teen books and scifi short stories), making beer and mead, making chainmail, hanging out with friends, hopefully going to the gym will soon be added to this list

Food: Sushi!

Goal: I am just starting on my weight loss journey. Until the last few years, I was always slender and very happy with my weight. I quit smoking five years ago (yay!), but I haven't been able to control my weight since then. My goal is to loose 60 pounds, which would put me at 165 lbs.
  • Name: April

Weight & Height: 5'6 and floating between 148-156 usually

Work: Currently not working (helping out with hubby's business pro-bono if that counts).

Books: Read off and on...but usually get bored with most everything. East of Eden (favorite at the moment), some Anne Rice books, Dean Koontz...a little.

Music: Whatever I'm in the mood for...not commited to any type. Really just background noise to me.

TV: Guilty Pleasure: trashy reality shows!

Movies: Shawshank Redemption; Gladiator; A Simple Plan; What's Eating Gilbert Grape; Dumb & Dumber...some favorites just off the top of my head.

Kids: Yes, I did reproduce...just once.

Pets: Two dogs: A sweet Pet Bull (pit bull) I got from the pound about 8 years ago; mountain feist (some breed I had never heard of until I moved to TN) 10-yrs old; and a bird...a really high maintenance cockatiel named Fred who tries to control which room I sit in by screaming when I try to leave.

Goals: Get my weight down to where my rolls don't touch when I bend sideways....probably about 135 lbs or in that range.

Religion: Christian.

Politics: Since I have to choose....I vote Republican. But I'm probably actually more of a conservative Democrat.

Relationship Status: Happily married for 17 yrs.
  • Wow, so cool... : )
    Greetings all,

I saw this forum and decided I had to post! : )

To the biography, then...

I am a 24-year-old college graduate who decided she hadn't had enough college and is going back to get her second and third degrees in Biology and Psychology.

I have a BA in English, and of course love to read. I love science-fiction/fantasy writers such as Anne McAffrey, Timothy Zahn, Douglas Adams, Marion Zimmer Bradley, J.R.R. Tolkien, Terry Pratchett, Stephenie Meyer, J.K. Rowling, and others. I have also been writing science fiction for 11 years.

(I also like reading essays in Biology and History.)

I dressed Goth for many years, have dyed my hair every color except green (not sure why, guess I never got around to it.) I had my nose pierced for three years until I couldn't have it for one of my jobs. I miss it, and I hope to get it repierced someday.

I have a 2-year-old kitty cat named Frodo, and he's my baby.

I like being outdoors, and love to be in touch with nature. (Religiously unaffiliated though, for the time being.)

I love doing yoga as well. It is so relaxing and clears my mind.

I am a political liberal and a feminist. I consider my mom an influence in that regard, she is also a feminist and taught me all I needed to know.

Well, I hope that suffices! I will most definitely be back. : )

Michelle
  • My name: Danielle

Job: Daycare Assistant/Teacher/Secretary

Relationship: Married.

Children: Kade is 4.

Pets: 1 pug, 2 snakes, 2 frogs, 1 rat, 2 guinea pigs, & a fish tank

Authors: Sooo many. Jim Butcher, Stephen King, John Grisham, Dean Koontz, Robin Cook, Patricia Cornwell, Janet Evanovich, Mary Higgens Clark, Jonathan Kellerman, Edgar Allen Poe, James Patterson

Movies: Lots of horror! The Saw movies are my fav, but really any horror! Even cheesy 80's stuff. Action, mystery, crime, comedy, musicals.

TV: I don't have time to watch much, but anything crime/forensic/medical.

Music: EVERYTHING. Literally. There isn't a genera I don't like some of. I like random bands no one has ever heard of & lots of popular ones. I'll listen to anything. I LOVE mix cd's.

Hobbies: sports, gardening, crafts, music, games, movies, the Wii, taking walks, museums, amusement parks, concerts, bars/clubs, dancing, road trips, teaching, learning

Home decor: The bedroom is a medieval type theme. The bed set is black & deep red shiny metallic type, the curtains are red shiny metallic type. Hanging on the walls are swords, maces, daggers, etc.

Religion: Agnostic Atheist.

Politics: Liberal.
  • Welcome to the boards!
  • Alternachicks! This rocks!

NAME: Ginny

BIRTHDAY: 11/16/1974 Scorpios rock!

MARITAL STATUS: SINGLE!!!

TOP WEIGHT: 414

CURRENT WEIGHT: 385

GOAL WEIGHT: 185

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: Hazel Green

HAIR COLOR: Dark Auburn Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Writing is my heart and soul! I love to read. Love movies and TV, especially animation and Sci/Fi Fantasy. I love studying astrology.

PETS: None

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Weirton, WV

FAVORITE COLOR: Green

FAVORITE FOODS: Peanut M&Ms

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking or hiking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO READ!!! My current favorite authors are Dan Brown, Steve Berry, and Kathy Reichs. My all-time favorite book is 'Jane Eyre' by Charlotte Brontė.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): 'Star Wars,' 'Labyrinth,' 'Harry Potter,' 'Lord of the Rings,' all of the "Marvel" movies, 'National Treasure,' 'DaVinci Code,' and 'Angels and Demons'

FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Simpsons, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Bones, Chuck, Heroes, and Fringe.

FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: I mostly listen to New Age and Classical, but I love 'Reach For the Light' by Steve Winwood, 'Colors of the Wind' from 'Pocahontas', and 'May It Be' from 'Lord of the Rings'

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Finding something I can stick to. My work schedule is a mess, and it is difficult to stick to a plan. I'm also a diabetic, so that complicates things.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have gained an amazing confidence in myself, and I think this time it will work because I'm not worried about anyone else and what they think. What someone else thinks of me is none of my business anyway, and since it is none of my business, I don't have to deal with it!

WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: For now, calorie counting and monitoring my fiber intake

RELIGION: I don't label myself as belonging to any one faith.

POLITICS: Left-wing progressive

PIERCINGS: None

TATTOOS: Not yet, it will be my 100lb. loss reward. It will be a phoenix, the symbol of Pluto, and my favorite X-Men character!

And I must add, I love the dancing carrot!
  • NAME: Frigg
    BIRTHDAY: August 2nd
    MARITAL STATUS: Never.
    PARENTAL STATUS: None.
    TOP WEIGHT: 150
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 129
    GOAL WEIGHT: 115
    EYE COLOR: Brown & Green
    HAIR COLOR: Naturally brown-black.
    HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, nature, internet..
    PETS: Looking.. Husky or Elkhound.
    GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Minnesota
    FAVORITE COLOR: Black
    FAVORITE FOODS: Vegan & Japanese Food
    FAVORITE EXERCISE: Walking outside, hiking.
    FAVORITE BOOK(S): Religion, philosophy, psychology, feminism, mythology...
    FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Virgin Spring, The Seventh Seal, 8 1/2, Vivre sa Vie, etc...
    FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): Metalocalypse, Beavis & Butthead
    FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Folk, Metal, Industrial... etc.
    PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Motivation, changing the little things.
    WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Knowing I can do it.
    WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Calorie counting, eating more whole foods & balancing my diet.
    RELIGION: Norse Pagan, Agnostic.
    POLITICS: Socially liberal, fiscally... moderate?
  • NAME: Becky
    BIRTHDAY: May 17
    MARITAL STATUS: Married
    PARENTAL STATUS: Mom of very cool son, 9
    TOP WEIGHT: 174.5 (2 lbs above where I was 2 days before giving birth)
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 159
    GOAL WEIGHT: not quite sure - 150's a good start, but we'll see.
    HEIGHT: 5'7"
    EYE COLOR: greenish hazel
    HAIR COLOR: medium reddish brown, but in reality, it's all 100% rather boring gray. Thinking hard about just letting it be.
    HOBBIES/INTERESTS: learning piano, reading, writing fiction, surfing the 'net, anything having to do with reptiles and amphibians.
    PETS: None at the moment. Nurturing the snakes and frogs and turtles that visit the yard.
    GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Mid-Michigan
    FAVORITE COLOR: Greens and purples
    FAVORITE FOODS: Venison tenderloin, wild salmon, really spicy salsas, dark beer, great Scotches, berries, and mushrooms
    FAVORITE EXERCISE: Swimming!
    FAVORITE BOOK(S): Fantasy (Jordan, Goodkind), economic histories, Ultrametabolism by Mark Hyman.
    FAVORITE MOVIE(S): The Matrix. Star Wars (4, 5, and 6), Fight Club, Office Space, any stand-up comedy videos - the raunchier, the better (Chris Rock, Doug Stanhope, Dave Attell, Katt Williams ...)
    FAVORITE TV SHOW(S): House, 24. Getting some evil pleasure from Wipeout. Just about anything on Discovery Channel or Animal Planet.
    FAVORITE BAND/MUSIC: Stuck in 70's classic rock - Rolling Stones, OLD Chicago, Queen, Velvet Underground, Animals, etc.
    PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Spouse is a FABULOUS cook, portion control, and unhealthy relationship with salty/crunchies.
    WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Accountability - I'm 110% responsible for this outcome.
    WEIGHT LOSS PLAN: Literally, eating less and moving more. Calorie counting and "you bite it, you write it" journaling.
    RELIGION: My definition of God got so big that only the pagans will have me any longer.
    POLITICS: Libertarian wherever practical, but social progressive and fiscal conservative.
    PIERCINGS: Just one set of earrings.
    TATTOOS: None at this time. Had some thoughts about an antique compass to remind me to stay the course and find my "true north".