3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Yay! I exercised today! June 2005 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/58856-yay-i-exercised-today-june-2005-a.html)

mauvaisroux 06-08-2005 08:56 PM

30 minutes of pilates dvd this morning :)

Tani 06-09-2005 09:27 PM

30 minute walk today, but it hurt like ****. I'm taking two days off completely. It's so hard to take it easy. I remember when I had to force myself to exercise, now I have to force myself to rest. I guess that's a good thing.

purplebanana 06-09-2005 11:24 PM

I hurt my ankle hiking. It feels like a sprain, even though I didn't sprain it! What's the deal? Has anyone ever experienced this? It REALLY HURTS! WAHHH! :cry: Now I'm all bummed because I probably won't be able to hike for another week. I TOTALLY know what you mean about giving yourself a rest Tani!!!

Tani 06-10-2005 12:04 PM

Purple banana,

When you say it feels sprained, but you didn't sprain it... Do you mean that there wasn't an incident where you twisted it, or landed wrong, but the pain developed later? If so, you may have just really overused the stabilizing muscles around your ankle. Are you wearing tall hiking boots or low shoes? You may want to go with taller, more supportive footgear if you're not all ready. An ankle brace can help too. If it's just the muscles being over used, you should be all better in a couple days :)

purplebanana 06-10-2005 11:16 PM

Tani, that may be what's wrong: overusing my muscle! I went to REI (outdoor sports equipment store) today to check out some hiking boots...the really good ones are really out of my price range now, but I think I'll have to save my money for them...I NEED to go hiking! It's the only form of exercise I look forward to and actually WANT ti do!!

Ferret 06-12-2005 05:32 PM

20 min pilates DVD
40 min house cleaning
and tonight I'm grocery shopping...thinking about a walk too...

Goddess Jessica 06-12-2005 09:47 PM

I got up a 6AM on a sunday and went to my racewalking class. Oy. It kicked my butt. Then, I went to the county fair because our folk dance group got paid to perform there - I think they were just filling a slot because they put us on the Coors Light Rock On! Stage.... it was horrendous. And I'm exhausted.

purplebanana 06-12-2005 10:41 PM

Ahh, 2 hours of back breaking yard work - pulling out weeds, re-doing the entire lawn!! eeek!

Ferret 06-13-2005 01:06 PM

purplebanana...yeah that'll do it for you!

well I've only done my morning 10 min spot pilates dvd, but I'm hoping to do something more later today

Ferret 06-14-2005 08:18 AM

damn men LOL andy always seems to distract me when he has the evening off so I don't get anything else done...such was last night, but i decided to bump it up and begin my day with two of my 10 min pilates workouts...we'll see if that goes better (which I did do today :D )

mauvaisroux 06-14-2005 11:22 AM

Yup! that happens to me to when my DH is home :rolleyes:

Did some walking at lunch yesterday and some yoga when I got home :)

CheekyGeek 06-14-2005 05:21 PM

I'm going to the gym, where I will be on the elliptical for 30 minutes and the Nautilus machines for about 15 minutes. Then I might do some tennis or DDR. At least one of the two, if not both. :D

Ferret 06-14-2005 09:08 PM

today i also went on a two mile walk so i'm feeling pretty good :D

Goddess Jessica 06-14-2005 10:28 PM

Walk TO and FROM work today for a total of around 9 miles. Woo hoo!

Tani 06-15-2005 11:52 AM

Wow Jessica, how awesome to be able to walk to work. I'm so jealous! My commute is bus-ferry-bus. I've been toying with the idea of getting a bike and making that bus-ferry-bike, but I need to find a safer route than I had the last time I was doing that.