Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 09:20 AM   #16  

Well not actually gone to the movies for a while but loved SHrek 2 on DVD! Have to say my friend and I were in fits of laughter all the way through.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:03 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

We watched "The Day After Tomorrow" on DVD the other night. It was a lot better than I expected it to be. The special effects were great - story not too bad.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:49 PM   #18  
Rattie Lover

Shrek 2 was great!!! Ya know what's funny...My husbands 86 year old grandma LOVES Shrek and Shrek 2!! Her favorite character is "The Donkey".

I liked "The Day After Tomorrow" too, Mauv, but my hubby got "bored". Pfft on him!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 11:55 PM   #19  

We saw "The Grudge" this weekend, and it scared the **** out of us! And we are big horror movie buffs. I have to say that it was the scariest thing I've seen since "The Exorcist" which, so far will always be #1 scariest in my book. My husband and I were both hiding behind our hands. The story-line a bit shaky and the ending was ehhhh, but overall scary scary scary. I give it an 8 out of 10.

Kerri
Old 11-12-2004, 02:44 PM   #20  
Searching

Probably been reviewed before, bu I bypassed "Envy" the other night based on you gals recommeendation.

Mean Girls- THIS MOVIE IS NO "Heathers" or even "Clueless" but it is watchable with the Tina Fey character being the most believable. I would give it 5 out of 10 (10 being the best)

The Lady Killers- Okay the humor is suppose to come from the unlikeliness of the character interaction especially the Professor and the Old Lady. It varies from slapstick to intellectual. The problem is that Tom Hanks accent is so thick you miss some of what he is saying and it loses its humor. I would say a 3 out of 10.

Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind- This movie has pacing problems, but if you can get past that and enjoy the character development this movie is a treat. I would give it 8 out of 10.

Just my opinion,
Chris
Old 11-12-2004, 03:08 PM   #21  

We are going to see the Grudge this weekend - I hope it is really scary!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:26 PM   #22  

OMG Went to see "Ray" tonight. It was fantastic. Almost 3hrs long and never
lost my attention. Jamie Fox was incredible. You've got to see it. RAVES from many.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:59 PM   #23  

I recently saw "Ray", the Ray Charles movie. It was fantastic. There was so much about his life that I didn't know. After seeing the movie, you really get a better appreciation for his music. It is 2 hrs.10 min. long, but it flies by!
Old 11-15-2004, 12:15 PM   #24  

I saw "The Grudge" this weekend It was soooooo creepy! It really got under your skin and on your nerves....not for the faint of heart.

A few people got up and left about 15 - 20 minutes into the movie - I think they were freaked out. There were a couple of times I actually felt myself grow cold and got goosebumps during this film.

This is the kind of film that gives you nightmares! Two thumbs up from me!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:02 AM   #25  

Saw COld Mountain on DVD - didn't really enjoy it although I thought Renee was good. Nicole was her usual cold - "ice for blood" self. I thought Jack White was cute.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:04 AM   #26  

Saw Lost in Translation too and that wasn't particularly funny althought I smiled when his wife sent colour samples for his office and he said to himself "what one is Burgundy".
Old 11-16-2004, 02:39 PM   #27  
Pending Email Confirmation

We saw an older movie called "Shallow Grave" and it was interesting... barely. Wouldn't watch it again.

The United States of Leland was really good. It's very slow paced though, so I could see where someone might lose interest in it. But if you don't mine a slow paced movie, this one is pretty good. Can't go wrong with most of the movies Kevin Spacey is in, even though he has a very small part in this one.

Also watched School of Rock this weekend. It was very cute. I enjoyed it. Watched it twice actually.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:56 AM   #28  

School of Rock was fun - Jack Black is great! I liked Shallow Grave too - actually bought it on DVD.

Hmmmm...I must have a mystery movie night with some friends and watch Shallow Grave again along with The Usual Suspects (speaking of Kevin Spacey)
Old 11-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #29  

Height: 5'-2"

I LOVE Kevin Spacey!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:24 AM   #30  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I loved Shallow Grave. Could have something to do with Ewan Mcgregor... Very Bad Things had a simillar theme, but was awful!
Closed Thread