3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   "Get Fit For Christmas Challenge" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/46087-get-fit-christmas-challenge.html)

mauvaisroux 09-02-2004 02:45 PM

"Get Fit For Christmas Challenge"

Welcome to our "Get Fit For Christmas Challenge"...

If you are interested in joining in our challenge will begin on September 6 and run through to December 1st which gives us 13 weeks to work our butts off :tread: and be ready for the party season :hat:

Bear in mind that we will have to be strong and help each other through Hallowee'n candy season and Thanksgiving festivities but together we can do it! :cheer:

Good luck to everyone participating! :lucky:

mauvaisroux 09-02-2004 03:06 PM

Current weight: 160lbs
December goal: 155lbs
Plan: Lower carb WW
Exercise: 30 minutes daily and Bellydancing 2x per week

Reward: not sure yet :shrug:

suchaprettyface125 09-02-2004 07:11 PM

Goal is to be 250 before Christmas!
CW 286

Plan - Eat a lot of fiber, cut back on white flour and sugar, Workout everyday, at least 4 times a week with weights, 8-14 cups of water, more fruits and veggies and journal.

Reward - New Clothes

Good luck everyone!! :)

mette 09-03-2004 04:40 AM

Yey! A new challenge! My Get Fit For Christmas Challenge is to maintain my weight at 183lbs and increase strength.

Current weight: 183lbs
December goal: maintain
Weightlifting current: Squats: 66lbs, Bench press: 50lbs,
Weightlifting goals: Squats: 100lbs, Bench press: 65lbs,
Plan: lift weights 3 times a week, jog 2 times a week
Reward: I wonder if this is where the leather jacket comes in…. ;)

I’m still new to the world of weightlifting, and have no idea whether the goals I just put down are impossible, way too easy, or just right.
Guess I’ll have to try and see what happens. :D

laura_on_a_bike 09-03-2004 09:35 AM

yeye a challenge. i was supposed to be going to costa rica for x-mas. ( the hubby and i dont do gifts, we do trips) i was dying for a challenge to get into bikini shape. the plans have changed though, and it looks like we may be going to amsterdam instead. now that the stress of getting into a bikini is off until feb. when we go to miami to visit the inlaws, i think my goal will be
-to loose 10 pounds by the end of the challenge
-keep up with my fitness schedule which includes 4 days of running, 3 days of biking and 2 days of strength training a week
-get to at least one yoga class a week, or do at home.

ellis 09-03-2004 10:34 AM

I'm in!
I'm going for ummm... maybe 15 pounds.
My reward? ****, who needs a reward other than being 15 pounds lighter! :rofl:

squeaker 09-03-2004 05:14 PM

Since I completely screwed up the Labor day challenge -

Current - 188
Goal - 175
Plan - watch what I eat, move my butt
reward - some cute new clothes

LeanLongStrong 09-03-2004 07:56 PM

Goin' after that little hobgoblin known as CONSISTENCY

I'm in (says the woman who just ate two cookies):

Current: 313
Xmas Goal: 299
Plan: 30 min. of exercise per day/Water water water
Walk the beach at least 3 times per week
Be consistent on rising time in the AM
Take my meds EVERY DAY.

And after this message I'm changing my avatar. Though I love my little girl, I'm going to put in something more motivating. (Although it angers me too...we'll see how it feels.) The photo will be of me at age 15, when I was an athlete, pure muscle. But since the scale said 154, I was put on diet pills and lasix. When you see the photo you'll see why I'm angry. :censored:

Jheddara 09-04-2004 01:11 PM

Count Me In

No better way to stop lurking than to actually get involved...

Current Weight: 279

Christmas Goal: 265

Plan: Journal, Plan for special treats, Cardio 4x/week, Weights 3x/week, Do my physical therapy EVERY DAY

Reward: A new pair of boots once they will fit over my calves!

-- Peace, Love and Psychosis,
Jhed

suchaprettyface125 09-04-2004 04:48 PM

My mini Goal

I would like to weight 250 before Christmas

My Plan is to eat right and exercise almost everyday.

Start Weight 336
Current Weight 286
Mini Goal 250 before 12-25
Goal 125

Daily Progress
8-30 :)
8-31 :)
9-1 :)
9-2 :)
9-3 :devil:
9-4 :)
9-5

Amyjo01 09-05-2004 12:55 PM

I am in... me the consistent lurker who has decided again that Atkins isn't for me... Any diet/woe that you stop and gain back all you have lost in 2 weeks is just got to be a problem.

I am currently at 167.... I think I will shoot for 150.....

17 pounds is a good number for me... :lol:

I have joined so many of these challenges if I actually lost the amount I challenged myself for I would be in the negatives.

chervata 09-05-2004 01:04 PM

I'm up for it! :coffee: Like Ellis, I think 15# is what I would safely shoot for.

Do you know there is a WALL of halloween candy already put out at my local grocery? :eek: :fr: :m: :chockiss:

:goodluck:

ellis 09-06-2004 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chervata
Do you know there is a WALL of halloween candy already put out at my local grocery? :eek: :fr: :m: :chockiss:

Ditto here, Chervata. :rolleyes: That's for people like us who buy it early so we'll be "ready" for Halloween, then we eat it, and have to run out and get more. Let's not do that this year!!

Ruthxxx 09-06-2004 08:13 AM

OK! OK! I'm in already. I'm 198 this morning (damned dim sum) and want to be 185 by Christmas. Reward? Being able to button my damned mink coat which I only wear for Church on Christmas Eve!

ellis 09-06-2004 09:19 AM

Forgot to mention my weight... 198.5... September 6th.