3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Pigs Anonymous? (Warning: Food discussed here) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/45068-pigs-anonymous-warning-food-discussed-here.html)

LeanLongStrong 08-14-2004 02:22 AM

Pigs Anonymous? (Warning: Food discussed here)

Did there used to be a thread with this name? I don't see it currently.

Anyhoo, I've debated where to post this, but since I seem to be here most often, I'll give it a shot. (Though my other areas--100pounds and the eating disorders group would certainly be appropriate.)

Since I've joined you all this week, I swear, I'm going up in weight! I have deliberately stayed off the scale until the moday weigh in. We'll see what happens then!

But I was already in a "purge the house" kind of trend--cleaning, etc, and what I found myself doing today was this: "Oh. I have 1.5 cups of the evap. milk left in the fridge. I'm leaving for the weekend tomorrow. How might I use this with dinner tonight so it doesn't go to waste?"

Well, not really a bad question....if the answer involves making scrambled eggs or something equally innocuous...but as part of the "purge the house" syndrome, I'm getting rid of other stuff that doesn't need to be around. Like the packet of Knorr's Pasta Alfredo Sauce Mix!

So guess what I had for dinner tonight? Ahem. And did I eat the whole thing? Why yes....yes I did.

The rest of the day was a turkey breast sandwich, some carrots, a nonfat yogurt, a fudgsicle, and more turkey. (The real stuff--poached--not lunchmeat.) Oh--and a scone and coffee.

So I don't know. On the whole, if you eliminate the alfredo, it wasn't too extreme....but still..I'm a little off the ball when it comes to determining how much I've ingested.

My psychiatrist, bless his soul (he's a real medical/science geek), once assured me when I was feeling guilty that it was OK to eat the whole can of tuna. That in fact, with my size it would be totally appropriate to have TWO whole cans of tuna at a meal for the protein.

Plus at age 45 I think I'm premenopausal. Missed my period last month (pregnancy is NOT a possibility :lol: ) and I'm tired. Of course Dr. M also pointed out yesterday that I'm about a month low on my Prozac (it should have been time for a refill and I still had three "weeklies" left!)...which probably accounts for the tiredness.

Anyhoo, I'm rambling. Sorry. If this isn't appropriate (or is too food oriented) for alternachicks, just let me know and the mod (ellis...is that you here? I can't keep track of who moderates what!) can crosspost or move it to another group. Just let me know where to go mumble and whine. Or oink. :ink:

LLS

ellis 08-14-2004 07:26 AM

LLS, you're too funny, girl. :lol3:
Mauvais is the mod here, but let me reassure you... your post is entirely appropriate. :rofl:
It was particularly kind of you to post a warning in the title. (Mauvais, WE never thought of that!)

Let me join you. Yesterday I'd been OP on South Beach for an entire 2.5 days. And then my little son had a friend over. A fat, weezle of a boy. He acts the polite nurturer around the parents, and then he bullies kids behind your back.
Anyhow, having him in my house put me right over the edge, and I ate half a bag of bridge mix and 3/4 of a large bag of Doritos. Cool Ranch. And then I had a Kit Kat.
And today I'm going to the cottage with a girlfriend (also overweight), and we're planning on eating.
LLS, you get back on track, and I'll join you on Monday. :D

mauvaisroux 08-14-2004 07:53 AM

Yeah, we did have a "pigs anonymous" thread going :lol: And go ahead and post LLS :)

Gee ellis, nice friend...how did your son hook up with this kid? :(

ellis 08-14-2004 08:14 AM

Ugh. It's so awkward, Mauvais. His mother is really nice, but spoils her child terribly. I did tell her about the bullying, and she was very upset with him. Apparently it's been happening at school, too. Anyhow, he is a lot better now, but I still can't help but dislike him for his sneakiness. I know it's not his fault... it's the fault of his parents... but I'm only human, and I CAN'T STAND HIM!!

LeanLongStrong 08-14-2004 10:58 AM

Mmmmmmm. Doritos. :doh:

Thanks, guys. Yeah, I remembered that "warning header" from some other place (not 3fc) where discussing food could get folks started on a binge, so as a courtesy you flagged the header so they could avoid the thread if they felt vulnerable.

Ellis, you poor soul! I think that kid needs to be tied to a chair and force-fed..umm...what....liver? broccoli? Nope, I like both of those. Oh I know: COD TONGUE! (Seriously. I freaked my high school students out with a web searching assignment--find "odd food" and a recipe for using it. I got them started by answering some questions for me about cod tongue and where it is considered a yummy treat [Nova Scotia!])

Unfortunately, that was also the week that the Weekly World News (online) had a story about a similar topic, featuring bull testicles--actually I think it was something stranger than that....) used as an aphrodesiac. Being a believer of "cross-curriculum" education, I felt obliged to answer when the kids (9th graders) wanted to know what an aphrodesiac was, etc. Never a dull moment with those kids....

LLS

dentrassi 08-15-2004 12:49 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I TOTALLY understand LLS!! I was thinking, "Gee, THAT sounds familiar" the whole time I read your post! As a matter of fact it sounds like most of the day you did really well. Once when I was trying to cut back on sodium I felt so guilty for eating a Greek salad that I ate half a bag of potato chips!! (That WAS pre-antidepressants though!!)

ellis 08-16-2004 09:31 PM

LLS, I'm really surprised that those grade niners didn't already know what an aphrodesiac is. :rofl:

Oh, Den. :( Let me join you. At the cottage this weekend with my chunky friend, I gained 5 pounds. We picked up groceries together. Chicken parmesean (sp), eggs/bacon/hash browns/homemade bread (white)/butter, chocolate macaroons, chocolate mints, pumpernickel bread w/dip, chips (baked) w/cheese dip, wine, ... the list goes on. I had severe indigestion last night.

rochemist 08-17-2004 08:48 AM

All I got to say is thanks for posting here. OMG if you gals would have saw what I had to send to my food plan sponsor the other day.

:lol:
Chris

dentrassi 08-17-2004 10:31 PM

I think ALL of us have done it at some time or another!!!
I know I haveat LEAST once!!! ;)

ellis 09-27-2004 01:35 PM

I've reached a new low. Going through the drive-through at Burger King for lunch. :rolleyes:

mauvaisroux 09-27-2004 04:04 PM

Whoops! That's okay I gorfed out on BBQ ribs and potato salad and beer on Saturday night so there you go :ink: :ink: :ink:

squeaker 09-28-2004 09:54 PM

I have come to find out the new Toffee Glazed donuts from Tim's are rather yummy...

Noodles913 09-28-2004 09:58 PM

I'm having a battle with :m: & :m:'s. The :m: & :m:'s are winning. The little !@#$%'s!!!!!!! :p

Trixi 10-03-2004 11:26 AM

Death to samosa's!!!!!

ellis 10-04-2004 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trixi
Death to samosa's!!!!!

AMEN! Especially the deep friend ones. :mad: