3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachick chat May 2+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/40144-alternachick-chat-may-2-a.html)

Noodles913 05-14-2004 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hannah_phi

Heather: I ran into a parked Mercedes once, boy was that embarassing when the alarm went off.
I want to see kitten pictures too!

Noodles: I love that bicycle smilie, hopefully that won't be me though :lol: .

I got hit by a car at 45 MPH trying to save a cat...Does that count?? :lol: Although I don't think I set off the ladys alarm. I just cracked her windshield!! :yikes:

mauvaisroux 05-14-2004 04:34 PM

Happy Birthday Hannah! :hb:

Noodles913 05-15-2004 08:50 AM

Good Morning!!

Well I had a nice time at the ball game. We went to see the Tucson Sidewinders play. They are the triple A league for the Diamondbacks. I managed to score a frisbee and 4 more tickets for a later game. I'll invite my soul-cousin and his G/F to the next game. We always have a ball. :smug:

I did o.k. with the eats. I had a BBQ Beef sandwich and cole slaw & some kettle popcorn & lots of water of course. Then we went to the night swap meet and walked around for 1 hours. I scored on the vegetables there. Bought 4 cucumbers, 4 tomatoes, 4 onions, 1 head of lettuce, & 2 avocados for $5.25!! The tomatoes would cost me that alone at the grocery store. Plus the veggies at the swappers seem a bit fresher than the grocery store ones. By the time we left, I had sucha bad headache from my eyes that I came home and went straight to bed. They are healing better & faster than expected so they are outgrowing the temporary glasses I have.

So my "trying to get back on the morning schedule" is semi-working. Although I only slept from 11:30 am till 4:30 am. Today my only plans are to clean the rat cages and take the kid to the kid ID fair. Hopefully I can talk the hubby into some tennis later. :D If not then I'll just go for a walk and a swim. I'm starting to get "flappy" again...can't let that happen!! No No!! :no:

Have a good day/weekend all!!! Drink your water. :)

blugirrl1 05-15-2004 03:20 PM

Noodles, is the swap meet like the farmer's markets? sounds like a great veggie deal.
Hannah, no grumbling i turn 30 in less days than i have fingers and toes. :p

well today i took the kids to the america kid day sponsered by the fire dept. needless to say waaaaaaaaay to many kids, crammed into this teeny building i was starting to get clausterphobic. well let me see if i can get kittie pics on here for you guys. :)
well i tried but it says my file is too large. anybody know how to fix that?

Noodles913 05-15-2004 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blugirrl1
Noodles, is the swap meet like the farmer's markets? sounds like a great veggie deal.
Hannah, no grumbling i turn 30 in less days than i have fingers and toes. :p

well today i took the kids to the america kid day sponsered by the fire dept. needless to say waaaaaaaaay to many kids, crammed into this teeny building i was starting to get clausterphobic. well let me see if i can get kittie pics on here for you guys. :)
well i tried but it says my file is too large. anybody know how to fix that?

Heather:

If ya send em' to me I'll fix them for ya and then zap them back to you so you can post them. Its hard to explain how to fix it. I just know it by click here click there and 10 clicks later. :lol:

The swap meet is like farmers market and flea market combined. It's great & the best part is..it's at night!!! I enjoy browsing all of the junk and new stuff and fresh fruits and veggies. :)

hannah_phi 05-16-2004 12:21 AM

Heather, in my mind I do know that 27 is no big deal, but there's this big myth that I'm sure a lot of y'all have heard of. Lots of famous people died when they were 27. Granted, they were mostly overdoses and suicides, but amongst my friends and I, we always thought it was kind of "uncool" to live past 27. One of my friends killed himself last year. He was 27, I've always wondered if that was part of it. Anyway, I guess there's something melancholy about turning 27 for me. On the other hand I'm excited about coming into a new year of life. I have things pretty well together. I should be graduating in Fall. I guess if I had met myself now when I was in High School I would have thought I was pretty cool, but I wouldn't have believed I would be where I am. Okay, no more grumbling ;) from me.

Goddess Jessica 05-16-2004 01:51 PM

Hannah -
I had the same problem but with 25. :)
I turned 27 last year (I turn 28 this month). 27 was pretty cool. I hope 28's better. Although someone told me about "Saturn Returning." Here's what you have to look forward to:

Many of us approach our thirtieth birthdays with anxiety, even dread. We start looking for gray hairs and paying attention to ads for wrinkle creams. We question whether we are climbing the career ladder quickly enough. We hear the biological clock ticking loudly and worry that soon we will be too old to bear children.

Astrologers call the period between ages twenty-eight and thirty "Saturn Return." That's because it's the first time the planet Saturn completes its cycle through your birth chart and returns to the spot it occupied when you were born. Internationally respected astrologer Rob Hand calls Saturn Return "one of the most important times in your life. . . a time of endings and new beginnings."

For most of us, ending a phase of life that is familiar and embarking on one that is new and untried is unsettling, even painful. Few people describe Saturn Return as a pleasant period. While undergoing your Saturn Return you may find yourself turning inward and reflecting on your individual destiny. You examine your true needs and desires and the role you want to play on the world's stage. You may feel lonely and alienated from those around you, while family and friends think you are shutting them out. But this is a necessary period of consolidation, when you must retreat from the distractions of the outer world and focus on yourself at your most fundamental level. The Saturn Return is every individual's search for the Holy Grail.

hannah_phi 05-17-2004 12:07 AM

Thanks Goddess :yes:, I definitely needed to see something like that. I had a really tough time with 25 too. The grey hairs thing doesn't get to me though, would you believe I started dye-ing my hair when I was 16 because I started getting them. Now I don't dye, I wear them as a badge of honor. I also use them to make my students think I am much older than them ;) .

Anyways, I had a few bad moments yesterday, but I'm in a really good mood today. I talked to my Dad and he's flying me out for a family week in the Poconos in July. :cb: He's also thinking about footing the bill for a road trip to my cousin's Bar Mitzva in August, so that both DBF md I can go! Yay Dad! :cheer:

SeekInnerThinChick 05-17-2004 11:57 AM

Tsk, tsk, girls, come on now. Melancholy in your 20's? Please. Wait until you can play hackeysack with your tits. Now that's sad. :lol:

tikanique 05-17-2004 01:31 PM

I didn't freak about turning 30 at all. My brother never saw 30 - died at age 29. That kind of helps me keep it all in perspective. We will see what 40 brings when it gets here in a couple more years.

Tiki.

Noodles913 05-17-2004 03:59 PM

I summed up turning 30 as this:

Old enough to know better now..

Old enough to realize now...material stuff isn't worth it. Friends & Family are.

Young enough to keep the kid in me alive. :D

I have 7 more years until I turn 40. That should be interesting...I look forward to it though. I really do. :smug: I always look forward to the different changes in life. Better than not looking at all... :lol:

blugirrl1 05-17-2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekInnerThinChick
Tsk, tsk, girls, come on now. Melancholy in your 20's? Please. Wait until you can play hackeysack with your tits. Now that's sad. :lol:

I have been doing that for years now :lol:
i am not really too upset about turning 30. for some reason maiden never suited me mother is a good phase, and i think i will finally come into my own when i reach crone stage.
I am just upset because hubby is going to be out of town, so i will be by myself.

Hannah : all right for dad coming through. Poconos sounds fun.

Angel : I will send you the pics when i get camera back from hubby in the am. on the kitty front Nugs is finally over being P.O.ed about Ziggy now he is trying to play, only Zigs is so tiny it doesn't work to well. and for such a little thing he can be heard all over house.
well this week is devoted to research paper ( which has to be near perfect , I am not losing that 4.0 that i am managing to tough out so far:) ) and tons of :tread: .
I had to go to :mcd: today and was such a good girl no :burger: for me i got the adult happy meal. yep the salad was good but i really got it because i wanted the toy;)
hope everyone had a good weekend. :flow1:

hannah_phi 05-18-2004 02:39 AM

Heather: Keep up the good work on your research paper!
I was curious about the :mcd: adult Happy Meal, does it come with a pedometer? Does the pedometer seem like a good one?

Well, it turns out I may not have been as upset about my b-day as I thought. I started my . today, so it was probably mostly PMS. Thanks for all the support and perspective y'all. I'm ready for it now and I've decided the 27 will be my most fit year of my adult life so far. That gets me excited. I plan to look better at 27 than I did at 17. :cool:

blugirrl1 05-18-2004 10:32 AM

Hannah. What a great way to think about it. Go you. :)
it comes with a stepometer. nothing fancy but seems pretty decent it just counts yoru step. i figure that they prob. won't last too long but i figure once a week, instead of indulging in fast food with hubby i will get a happy meal :)

SeekInnerThinChick 05-18-2004 01:05 PM

Yep, go Hannah, go Heather. Although they're going to have to put a little Transformer or a dinosaur in the adult Happy Meal before I go for it. Maybe a water pistol. And I miss my slingshot-- I made my last one out of my Barbie doll.