Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 09:24 PM   #16  

Noodles, so glad your feeling better. The anethesia is always the worst part.
Make sure you take the time you need to heal.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:32 AM   #17  
Rattie Lover

Hi Girls!!

Well, I went to the eyeball surgeon yesterday. I do have an infection but he said it doesn't look THAT bad. He's seen worse and went on to describe it. Ewww! But *I* have never seen a badly infected eye so how am I suppose to know?? To me it looks like someone poked me with a stick. LOL!! Apparently when I busted the blood vessels in the left eye, bacteria creeped in and decided to infect my eye. Yeck!

Anyhow, I got these drops for it. $50 for this TINY itsy bitsy bottle of drops!!! And that was with insurance payment!!! Sheesh... Then we have been having BAD BAD winds here...dried them out to the bones. And these friggin' stitches are driving me bananas!! But...it was worth it.

The good news is... I CAN GET CONTACTS!!! I CAN GET LAZIK!!! YIPPEE!!! NO more double vision and loopy eye looks!!! After 33 years, I can actually CAN THE GLASSES!! I might get a spare pair just to be safe, but you get my drift. Well, I have to wait until after June 29th due to final healing and stuff, but after that I'm all clear. I am so grateful. I got all teary eyed at the drs. office when Dr. Wonderful told me this. He wasn't sure if 1 surgery would be enough based on the severity of my case, but I followed directions to the T (and did alot of praying) and he said he is even surprised but thrilled! Cause of course this means HE did a good job too.
According to my other eye dr. I visited on Tuesday, due to my severity, I became a well discussed case at their weekly eye ball doctor meetings. The other Drs. all thought it would take me "several surgeries" to maybe fix them, but he said Dr. Wonderful didn't give up hope and was confident HE could fix them. What a testimonial!! I want to get him a little thank you gift, but what do you get for a doctor that probably has a house full of stuff as it is?? A glass eye ball?! hahaha!!! Kidding, kidding.

Anyhow, there's the story and I'm sticking to it. I was told to still limit my "computer time", which sucks, so I will still be semi-scarce, but after end of May I have the all clear to be on here 24 hours if I'd like.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:14 AM   #18  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Sorry to hear about your eye infection Noodles But that is wonderful news about the success of your surgery!

Maybe Dr. Wonderful would appreciate a nice bottle of Scotch? or some nice Cigars....That is what our clients usually get my boss after we have settled their case for them.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:19 AM   #19  

Height: 5'-2"

Noodles, so glad you're doing well, sweetie.
Yes, alcohol is always welcome.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:37 AM   #20  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

I am so glad to hear that the surgery was a success!! how will i last until end of may for you to come back? I miss chatting with you.
And i agree Alcohol is always good.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:27 AM   #21  
Rattie Lover

Hmm...Mauv, I like all those idears. Only problem is... Dr. Wonderful is a Mormon. He doesn't drink or smoke. He doesn't know I know he is LDS though...but since I know, I would feel funny handing him over a bottle of alcohol. Any other ideas? I'm really clueless here...the good thing is I have until June 29th to think of something. That's why I have you girls. LOL!!

Ellis: Thanks for the warm fuzzies!! I wanted you to know your pic is absolutely beautiful!! Nothing what I pictured!! Somehow I pictured you with short cut blonde hair and big glasses. I dunno why... call me crazy!! It's the stitches in my head.

Heather: I'm back!! I just am not suppose to be on here for more than 2 hours at a time until 5 weeks Post-Op. Heck it takes me 2-3 hours just to whiz through the forum and do my posting. Guess pinochle & news & bill paying has to take the back burner. The forum comes 1st!!
Old 04-30-2004, 12:21 PM   #22  

Hey, Noodles! It's really great to hear from you, I was beginning to worry a bit. Does the Dr. play golf? That's always good for a gift. Next time you are in his office, observe the decor closely (now that you can see it well) and see if anything there provides a clue. Take care! SITC
Old 04-30-2004, 12:37 PM   #23  
Rattie Lover

Seek: The only problem is the next time I visit, that's when I want to take the present. It's going to be my final visit unless I don't get rid of this infection.

The decor is...well he's mainly an eye surgeon on kids so its all kid stuff. Kids toys, kids books, kids this kids that. Even I get the kid eye stick thingy used on me!! LOL! (Is visioning the little duckie with the 'E' on the stick now...)

Do you think a little gift via the LDS religion is too tacky or?? I don't know much about their religion but maybe there's something they have that you can give to another. hmmm...
Old 04-30-2004, 12:50 PM   #24  
Waisting away

Noodles - I'm glad everything went/is going so well. Keep getting better and easy on the 'puter (I know that's going to be hard for you )

Take good care of yourself.
Closed Thread