Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 11:20 PM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Question What Single Food Helps You Stay on Plan?

What's the backbone of your food plan? What's the food that you just really rely on to keep you on track? What edible is Amos to the Andy that is your diet? Ernie to Bert? Thelma to Louise? Alright, alright.....I'll start.

For me it's a toss up between tilapia and turkey breast chops, turkey and tilapia....but I guess I'll go with the turkey.

Yup, final answer: Turkey. In 2 oz. non-tryptophan kickin' portions.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:54 AM   #2  

I was actually just thinking about this! I just decided a couple of days ago that I was going to steam four artichokes every Sunday to eat while I study. They solve the hand to mouth issue and with my favorite miso dressing they make a 200 cal snack that is full of good stuff.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:32 AM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Celery with low-fat Laughing Cow Cheese....funny, I used to hate celery...
Old 04-07-2004, 10:53 AM   #4  

Default Graceful Goddess

Oh, that's tough ... I've got a few. I'd have to say Peanut Butter (a teaspoon full). It's easy and it helps to "fill me up."
Also, if I'm wanting "dessert" fat free vanilla yogart with berries (frozen) and either a few walnuts or some Kashi cereal on top usually does the trick. If I'm craving chocolate I'll put a little Lite Chocolate Syrup on top.
Apples or Bananas usually for my mid-morning snack.

I guess the most valuble one for me is the peanut butter. The only problem with it though is that you can't let yourself binge on it
Old 04-07-2004, 12:26 PM   #5  

My staple is boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I buy a big frozen bag at Wal-Mart and cook up a bunch at a time. I use them in salads, fajitas, casseroles, sandwiches, etc. You can do so much with chicken...
Old 04-07-2004, 01:48 PM   #6  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Cottage Cheese.

High protein, high calcium, can be transformed into breakfast (with berries), lunch (with garlic powder) or a midnight snack (with SF lime jello).
Old 04-07-2004, 03:34 PM   #7  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

hannah_phi that sounds albsolutely yummy, i love artichokes.
Idealperson, I practically live off the frozen chicken breast bags.

but my alltime fav snack that is good for me would have to be canned baby corn.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:21 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Lately I have a lot...

When we BBQ now I always make 3-4 servings extra and freeze them in zip lock bags. Whether it be chicken, steak, hamburg, etc...I do the same with rice freeze 1/2 cup portions to add to the collection of frozen proteins... I always keep frozen veggies now, brussel sprouts are my favorite lately... When I get home I defrost it a bit, stif fry it in a wok, and voila healthy and better than any Lean Cuisine!

I also could not live without oatmeal and whey protein powder... I sometimes mix them both or eat separately... I know I have weird taste but it works in a pinch and I am satisfied till the next meal...

Frozen strawberries thrown into my whey protein powder ....

My handy dandy Braun hand mixer! Could not live without that I use it 2-3 times/day...

Ok I think that's all.....
Old 04-07-2004, 07:47 PM   #9  

Uncle Sam cereal. Kind of funky, like Dr. Bronner's soap, but it does keep me going. Lately I've been putting 2 tablespoons of wheat germ in there, with a cup of berries and a cup of skim. Eating breakfast was really hard for me, I'm just not hungry in the a.m., but the prospect of fresh blueberries or strawberries helps a lot.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:57 PM   #10  

Corn tortillas, cottage cheese, and onions. Bake a couple of the tortillas up, spice them, then dip them in cottage cheese mixed with hot sauce. Have a bit of grilled onion. The cottage cheese almost makes a great breakfast with some frozen fruit, and a touch of sugar and cocoa powder on top. mmmm, mmm.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:19 AM   #11  
Rattie Lover

Yummmmm...a Food Topic!!!!

Chicken & Rice. I could live off of these two and never get sick of em'. Tortilla Chips & Salsa. Salads. I look forward to my bowling night chef salad. Yogurt. Fresh Fruits & Veggies...Esp. Spinach. I LOVE SPINACH!! Almonds. Tootsie Pops & Dark Chocolate for those cravings.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:34 AM   #12  
Queen of China

dry cereal...any type, keeps me occupied and I eat it out of a measuring cup (elegant, I know) gives me a sweet snack, has a crunch and fills me up. I take it to movies, in the car. everywhere. I steal it off buffets in hotels for the airplnes. For me, its perfect. While on the road, the fruit and yogurt cups at "ron's steak house" and wendy's baked potatoes. Late night snacks in hotels (I travel a LOT!) oatmeal stolen from the breakfast bars...its the only thing that keeps me sane in Asia, one can only eat so many pig ears and chicken feet.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:53 AM   #13  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Ginya, where are you located in Asia? my dad is in Thialand and i loved most of the local foods when i was there.
my sweet tooth fix is vanilla yogurt with bananas on top, drizzled with lil' bit of honey.
love chopping up cukes, tomatoes, red, yellow bell peppers, tossing with lime juice, and spices. ( in fact that was my breakfast this morning)
Closed Thread