Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 03:37 PM   #16  
WW Moderator

Oh gosh, some of these bands, I'd forgotten about them! I remember AC/DC was my first album that I bought and actually laid back and listened to without talking. I bought Back in Black and hung out with my friend and her big brother and boy, did I think I was cool. That was my hang out music.

Then I went to Duran Duran and the whole classic MTV bit - INXS, The Cars, Simple Minds, Howard Jones, U2. Then I went hair band and bought everything Motley Crue and Poison made, then I just listened to about anything. Oh, drinking music was usually The Eagles. We all sang it as loud as we could. I guess we thought people wanted to hear us!
Old 03-29-2004, 04:20 PM   #17  

Hey Jennifer--

I remember seeing the Eagles live in concert... but when I did (1972) they were the opening act for Procul Harum (Whiter Shade of Pale, Conquistador)!

Skew-- The year 1972 was my "concert summer". I saw everyone who played Los Angeles. These included Jethro Tull, ELP (Emerson, Lake and Palmer for you younger chicks), Neil Diamond, the Kinks to name a few.

Feeling very old right now . . . (just Reelin' in the Years)
Old 03-29-2004, 04:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Skew! Yes, Lady Marmalade! I LOVED that song! and Do the Hustle and Donna Summers, Gloria Gaynor - Where's my platform shoes?

My first concert was Parliament / Funkadelics - They brought the Mothership down! I was only 6 but you couldn't tell me I wasn't a true funkateer!

Gloryhallastupid -Pin the tail on tha Funky!

Tiki.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:56 PM   #19  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugirrl1
RubensMuse : skating, now that takes me back, when i was a kid, the only thing to do other than hang out at the mall, was to go to the skating rink, many a friday night was spent there.

Ellis : abba? hehe
cupofcoffee : don't you just love how a song can instantly take you back?

What?! Am I the only one that still roller skates to 70's and 80's music?? C'mon Ruben and Blue...Come Skate away with Noodles here...I'll teach ya all of the moves. We'll throw in some Boston & Prince!!
Old 03-29-2004, 09:48 PM   #20  
a brave new me...

Talking Good topic....

Top three by a longshot: U2 (early works), The Cure, and The Smiths.

Other music that I loved: New Order, Depeche Mode, REM, Midnight Oil, INXS, Violent Femmes, Psychadelic Furs, Oingo Boingo, Sisters of Mercy, Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, Jane's Addiction, the Clash, and of course a little punk like the Sex Pistols, Ramones, Husker Du, The Dead Kennedys, Butthole Surfers... thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:59 PM   #21  

Height: 5'-2"

Toto was my first album. (I still don't know what the **** "99" was all about)
My sister and I saw Eric Clapton in Montreal years ago. He's so cool.
I loved Jethro Tull. I think it's the pianist that recently had a sex change. But he still looks the same.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:20 PM   #22  
Canadian, eh?

Takes me wayyyyyyyy back:

America: Horse With No Name
Neil Young =
the Eagles, CSNY, the Cars, Queen, Meatloaf, Bad Company, James Taylor, Jennifer Warnes, Cat Stevens, Fleetwood Mac....
Old 03-30-2004, 02:51 AM   #23  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
Toto was my first album. (I still don't know what the **** "99" was all about)
Good taste, Ellis!! I have their Greatest Hits CD. I am a sucker for their ballads.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:40 AM   #24  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

I am such a product of the 80's plus i just love music. went thru it all, was into big hair bands. headbangers ball and me, many a night. my dad listened to more mellow classic rock., which the older i get the more i love. then i got punk and new wave. oh the goodies. jesus and mary chain, thrill kill kult. ramones.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:37 AM   #25  

tiki oh the pictures that went thru my head i had the horrible/awesome 80's look going on ( some to embarrasing to mention .. mc hammer pants and me need i say more? lol)
skew i missed the 70's being born in 74 i didn't discover anything good about them until it was retro. but janis that woman had a voice.
mauvais : i think i love all your 80's alternative have been searching for shriekback, and "cherry came too" from jesus and mary chain to no avail.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:10 AM   #26  

hahahahaha I had a pair of red MC Hammer pants with a matching red top "Can't Touch This"

BTW I went to the simulcast of Prince's opening night concert in LA on Monday night. That was one of the BEST concerts I have ever seen. That man knows he is talented. I couldn't help but draw comparisons to Michael Jackson. In the 70s/80s, MJ was "normal" and Prince was weird. Now, twenty years later, they have totally switched. Prince's performance / attitude / confidence just showed how far off MJ has really fallen.

Oh yeah, I didn't know who the Eagles were until 2 years ago. My boss put me out of his office cause I didn't know anything about them.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:28 AM   #27  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

MC Hammer pants!

I had two-tone Rockabilly/punk hairdo, black minis with pointy toe buckle boots look, followed by the victorian goth look.... now I look like a retro film noir femme... with my long slim black skirts, fitted tops, funky shoes and little bags...... and let us not forget my Edith Prickley like obsession with leopard print!

If Prince comes to town I am definetely going - he is one of DH idols!
Old 03-31-2004, 12:41 PM   #28  

Mauvais : one of my fav's 80 outfits : thrift store granny dresses, long johns, and my combat boots. the hair was always changing, big red ( as in simply red, lol) various colored mohawks, or chelseas. bu tmy all time favourite color is ronaldmcdonald shoe red. sometimes with black highlights

tiki : Jealous!! I adore prince. i see your point about him and MJ but must admit other than a short billy jean/ beat it/ thriller liking i have never been too big on michael.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:36 PM   #29  

omigosh! what a hair visual! I wore the blue black hair, sometimes with the blue sparkles in it. Oh yeah, and way too white face powder and Certainly Red lipstick so my dark hair and eyebrows would contrast with the face and lips. I look at pics now and just crack up.
Old 03-31-2004, 02:22 PM   #30  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

You two are killing me!!!!! Damn we all thought we were so cool back then too!
Closed Thread