Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 09:34 AM   #31  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness
I never see anything new. But I was in a very crapful mood yesterday so I popped in my old very favorite "harold and maude" and instantly felt better.

Not many things have that effect on me. I really needed it.
I love that movie. been forever and a day since i have seen it. but it is a goodie.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:21 AM   #32  

Went to see "Lady Killers" with Tom Hanks" last nite. I am a Tom Hanks fan, but I was a little disappointed, not that it was a waste of time, but the funniest parts were on the trailers. Just not enough to it.

Can't wait for "Van Helsing", need a change of pace. Also looking forward to "King Arthur", I've kind of gotten into these movies set back in the times of pure brute force. (no guns or bombs) dh wants to see "The Alamo" could be good. But I'm still looking forward to Hugh Jackmam.....YUM!
Old 04-09-2004, 05:56 PM   #33  
Pending Email Confirmation

blu - it's just about my alltime favorite movie ever. Although, close runners up include Donnie Darko, House of Yes, Rocky horror... i'm sure there's more but i'm working and i can't think anymore!
Old 04-09-2004, 05:58 PM   #34  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I saw Hellboy last weekend....it was actually pretty good I have never read the comic book but still enjoyed the movie.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #35  

DonnaD, aw don't tell me that the previews had me wanting to see it. looked so funny.
Lizziness : watched DonnieDarko with my sil, and bil. i got the movie but they were so confused it was funny.
I am also partial to drugstore cowboy, rush.
but my all time fav is Love and a .45 have seen it over 200 times. yes i have the tape. can recite it line for line. drives hubby nuts. he almost cringes when i pull the tape out,lol
Old 04-10-2004, 09:13 AM   #36  

We have Love and a .45 too Heather - it's a great movie!
Old 04-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #37  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hmm. I have never seen that. I had better put it in my queue for netflix.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:55 PM   #38  

Mauvais Isn't it just hilarious? first time we ever saw it we rented natural born killers same night. which i enjoyed but to me it couldn't compare to love and a .45 hubby thought they were both pretty similiar. but i thought love& a .45 was way campier.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:58 AM   #39  

Yes Heather, that's why we bought it

I went to see "The Passion of the Christ" with my mum this weekend...We both really enjoyed it. It was really well done and very well acted. Neither of us could see what all the controversy was about either

Personally I don't think it blamed anyone or was pro any religion. To me it was about a handful of people having power and who were not willing to relinquish it and so they manipulated the situation so that the percieved threat was removed and things were done by another group for political reasons. For me it also represented man's inhumanity to man and, pardon my cynicism, but we really haven't come that far considering the state the world is currently in.

Just my 2 cent review
Old 04-12-2004, 09:04 AM   #40  

Mauvais : you mean you didn't buy it for Gil Bellows butt shots? that is why i got it.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:49 PM   #41  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I saw "The Whole Ten Yards" this weekend. Not as funny as the first one but very amusing. Bruce Willis is soooooo sexy with a bald head. I never go for the "macho" guy but there is something about him that makes me want to pounce!
Old 04-18-2004, 10:35 PM   #42  

Went to see "the punisher" last night. Was actually really good. And seeing this guy Thomas Jane (never heard of him but he looks familiar) was worth every second. Plus I love John Travolta, even when he plays a bad guy. (and he can really play a bad guy )Still waiting on pins and needles to see Hugh Jackman in Van Helsing.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:51 PM   #43  

I saw the Punisher last night too Donna! I really enjoyed it- a fun action film...John Travolta was great and Thomas Jane My friend was saying that she was really going to enjoy this movie if he had his shirt off for most of it...Her wish was granted...

I can't wait to see Van Helsing....and Spiderman 2 and...a host of other films coming out soon...too many mention..
Old 04-20-2004, 02:04 AM   #44  
Searching

Well Mauvis yours is the first good review I have heard for the Punisher. I saw Hellboy too and didn't think it was too bad

This last weekend was Kill Bill Vol. 2, not as gory as the first, but a nice ending to the first one. I thoroughly enjoyed myself

Also on the Netflix list:
Chasing Holden too much teenage angst and not enough good plot
Zero Effect to a witty comedy, that although dated wasn't a complete waste of time
Mapp and Lucia OMG its a Dynasty rumble done politely, but only for those who actually get BBC comedies

That's it for me. What have you seen lately?
Miss Chris
Old 05-08-2004, 06:18 PM   #45  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

SO I plan on spending the next few hours curled up on teh couch with popcorn and movies.

This week I watched "Something's Got to Give", which I enjoyed. It was nothing Earth-shattering, but it was cute. Keanu actually almost didn't suck.
I also watched Gothika, which I enjoyed a great deal. Except the DVD we rented skipped through the final scene! I got the basic idea of what happened.

I have just rented "Leauge of Extrodaniary Gentlemen", "Runaway Jury" and "Underworld". I will be back to report later.
Closed Thread