3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Happy and Grateful Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/36025-happy-grateful-thread.html)

mauvaisroux 03-11-2004 07:31 AM

Gee my heart bleeds for you Noodles, especially those days when it hit -49 with the windchill here! :lol:

Oh, and we usually have a couple of snow falls between now and April :rolleyes: so I don't officially pack away my fall/winter clothes until May!

On that note...Happy and grateful to live in a beautiful country with season changes - my favorite time of year is fall :D

squeaker 03-11-2004 09:35 AM

Thanks Teufelchen. He is doing much better.

Noodles - I like my seasons, and as much as I don't like the cold, I would not want to live somewhere that warm.

ellis 03-11-2004 09:53 AM

Oh... fall. My favorite, too, Mauvais. :yes: Actually, this weather is pretty nice right now. It's going up to 7 degrees celcius today, and I've hung out my laundry. I'm grateful for that. :)
I'm seriously thinking of setting up my hammock. Although I inadvertantly left the poles out all winter, and some of them are still imbedded in the snow...
And I'm grateful for all my wonderful, supportive friends and family. :grouphug:

Noodles913 03-11-2004 02:48 PM

7 Degrees Celcius?! :yikes: That's cold.

I like the seasons...really I do. I miss that about Oregon. But I just cant live where it gets too cold for long months at a time. My arthritis just about crippled me in the winters of 1999 & 2000 and I was just a human body in a bed. My hubby says "Angel, you were so bad you didn't even get on the COMPUTER for days..." Now thats bad. I vaugely remember much cept that I couldn't walk down stairs so he would bring me my meals to my bed. Chemo didn't help matters any.

We sure get alot of snow-birds here from your country...and from our cold states. That's why Arizona is full of senior citizens in the winter...they all come here to de-frost! :lol:

I am grateful that I have good friends that love me enough to know I can't BS them about my feelings no matter how hard I try and even though things will always change, they'll stand by me with those changes and help me along. (Hidden meaning behind this...will explain soon soon soon!! :D )

blugirrl1 03-11-2004 04:20 PM

The first winter i moved up north I spent in bed, or running to a hot bubble bath and back to bed. literally. begged my hubby please take me home. it has gotten a little better but i still hate winter. guess you can't take the southern gal out of me.

ellis 04-05-2004 12:43 PM

I'm grateful that the sun is shining today. It's BEAUTIFUL out! (no comments please, Mauvais. :lol: )

mauvaisroux 04-05-2004 03:50 PM

oh ellis.......;) Actually I am happy and grateful to see some sun today too -although it is bitter cold out. It was grey and rainy/snowing for the last few days - good to feel the sun on my face this morning :sunny:

hannah_phi 04-05-2004 09:29 PM

I'm so excited that the time changed! It was a pain getting up this morning, but when I got out of class at 6:50 it was still light outside! Yay, no more walking across campus in the dark!

ellis 04-06-2004 07:26 AM

I agree, Hannah! :)

It's another beautiful day! (cold, but we won't mention THAT, will we, Mauvais. ;) )
I've started some new meds, and I've got the day to myself... feeling pretty damned good. :D