Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 07:04 PM   #31  

Height: 5'-2"

Damnit, Sandi, I was just thinking good thoughts about you... I suddenly realized I still have 2 bowls of Christmas ornaments sitting on the Hoosier in my living room. Now you're ahead of me!
Old 01-25-2004, 07:16 PM   #32  
Cat Lover

Angry

Now I feel much better!!!!

I still have to put away the laundry I washed on Thursday!!

Sandi
Old 01-25-2004, 08:38 PM   #33  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Sandi, I still have to my laundry away that I did on Wednesday night!

But my house is very tidy since I had to clean up for guests coming over. We had a baby shower for a friend and a couple of my dear sweet friends stayed to help clean up and do the dishes afterwards - I was so grateful that they stayed - otherwise I would have been cleaning up for the next to days.

Now it just has to stay that way for people coming over next weekend for DH's Superbowl fest
Old 01-25-2004, 09:04 PM   #34  
a new me, I soon will be

Wow, this declutter thing is really good for your energy flow. I clean out my fridge often, if I can't see it then I won't eat it...and if it's older than a week, then I won't eat it. I have a bad habit of piling laundry up after it's clean, presuming I'll get to folding it, but it just sits. So, I've been reading about feng shui and your home...and when you are feeling tired or down, pick up the piles in your home and it will allow your energy to flow and perk you up. Also in my reading, it discusses getting rid of old clothes and such to make room for new ones. I had sort of developed this habit each year...if I haven't worn it in the past year, then it goes. So, I bagged up all the clothes and shoes I didn't want and donated them to Goodwill. I got to thinking about this idea...getting rid of the old to make room for the new. I then remembered that I had a hatbox in the closet with all the little mementos from my relationship with my ex. I got down that box, and tossed everything in it, thus hopefully releasing what little bit of feelings were left for "the cheater"...and making room for someone new in my heart.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:32 PM   #35  

becgris!!!

Nothing like getting rid of old baggage!
I got rid of any mementos and photos of old boyfriends about a year after I moved in with my boyfriend who is now my DH of 10 years

What motivated me to do it was that he found a box of pictures from high school and HE decided to toss all pictures of his old girlfriends saying " I don't need these anymore, do I?" (how sweet and without any prompting from me ) So I thought, yeah he's right, why am I keeping this stuff? So I tossed my stuff out and never looked back! HA! I can't even remember any of their names now!

A friend of mine has a shoebox full of love letters from an old boyfriend from high school. She keeps it hidden in the attic buried under some boxes so her husband doesn't find it. What the Hxll??? I asked her what she was doing- if you need to hide them from your husband then you shouldn't be keeping them . Also they were letters from the boyfriend that she caught cheating on her - red handed- so why would you want to keep them?

You did the right thing! Hope you find someone that repects you and treats you better
Old 01-25-2004, 11:08 PM   #36  
Rattie Lover

I finally got all of the papers that I hadn't went through in over 2 years filed and sorted out! I actually have ROOM on my bookshelf.

We got one of those donation bags in the mail for the VA...well I filled it. Then decided to fill two more trash bags full of stuff. Then I cleaned out my closet, and bathroom cupboards, medicine cabinets, and bedroom. Then I moved into the kitchen and cleaned stuff out of there to donate. Plus I cleaned out the fridge and wiped it down. Tomorrow I will go through these 2 more boxes of clothes I have been saving and donate as much as I can. I like this donate stuff!! Gives me motivation to get rid of crap!!

Old 01-26-2004, 06:31 PM   #37  
a new me, I soon will be

Not only does it feel good to donate, but it feels good to de-clutter the home.

Have a question that might sound dumb...but since I haven't been here long, I have to ask what exactly DH stand for....designated hubby, darling hubby,...can't pin it down.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:56 PM   #38  

Dear Husband.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:56 PM   #39  
Rattie Lover

Ya know...I've been wondering the same thing too!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 06:58 PM   #40  
Rattie Lover

Well..what about when you are mad at him?? Type IH or something?? Kidding...even when Im mad I wouldnt call mine names...usually....
Old 01-26-2004, 07:06 PM   #41  

DH will also stand for "Damned Husband".
Old 01-30-2004, 07:58 AM   #42  

I am planning on purging some magazines and cookbooks this weekend
Old 01-30-2004, 08:08 AM   #43  

I put away the bowls of Christmas ornaments that were decorating the living room.
And I got out the shop vac, and had a great time sucking up some major dust bunnies.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:18 AM   #44  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

cleaned out closets. cleaned off porch. and does all the therapy i have been going to lately count? cleaning out my mind.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:28 PM   #45  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Thinking of purging the dinner I ate an hour ago.....
Closed Thread